SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

3 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Were you on shore or did you go into the water because it only seems to work if you're in the water.

No, tried to keep my sneakers dry. Thanks. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BCBasher said:

You should get a pair of wellies then as you can wade into water and remain dry while fishing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Why you made of sugar?  It's not like we can get sick yet..

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

So a broken patch just in time for the weekend?

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, barnabus said:

When I logged out of the 1pp server I was on earlier I wasn't sick and was only showing hunger/thirst at the time but when I logged in after the patch it showed me as being sick even though the only thing I had eaten before logging off was 2 cooked (golden colored) chicken breasts.

3 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

When I logged out of the 1pp server I was on earlier I wasn't sick and was only showing hunger/thirst at the time but when I logged in after the patch it showed me as being sick even though the only thing I had eaten before logging off was 2 cooked (golden colored) chicken breasts.

OK that's just weird, I have been drinking unpurified pond water all over the place with no ill effects

• Like 1

Almost every server is restarting every hour.

8 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

looks like status bars are an bit buggi.

My "naked" toon is always hot, hungry and thirsty, and after every relogg it vomits....

not so funny noices when you join an server  

Edited by wasnu

Looks like they fixed one problem and ended up breaking something else. Hopefully it will get situated by Monday so that we can go back to properly testing (at least those of us that actively do) the servers so that they been help make the game better even for the squeakers.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

You should get a pair of wellies then as you can wade into water and remain dry while fishing.

Have not seen a pair yet, first two thing on my spawn in shopping list, cowboy hat and wellies.

8 minutes ago, barnabus said:

No but I'm skinny as hell and get cold very easily, I get all kinds of looks slipping in to my hooded wetsuit at the river in August so I can survive splashing around with the kids for more than two minutes.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, barnabus said:

OK that's just weird, I have been drinking unpurified pond water all over the place with no ill effects

From everything I've seen or read cholera only gets you if you're low on blood to start with.

The sickness are a joke so far anyway until they stack properly. I got sick when the cooked fish was doing it and just ate raw fish until I was better over and over that build.

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Thurman Merman said:

Also, it just gets boring to try and murder everyone.  Especially when there is a new build out, I'd rather run around and see new stuff.  I spawned near Svet the other day.  I wanted to see Cherno, but rather than run down the coast like a meat target, I decided t go W then S.  I've still only made it to the Vybor area because almost everyone I see opens fire - normally, if you open fire on me, your ass would be dead as fucking fried chicken, but these people happened to pull this shit while I'm in a transitional period so I don't wanna kill them, I wanna help them.  :D

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. This about sums up the DayZ playerbase. Experimental rolls out, the game is beautiful with many amazing changes, and all people want to do is shoot each other.

• Like 5

I consider myself a lucky man, got 90 minutes nice and steady gameplay on a low ping server.

And that loot below should have happenend on stable before, yay :-) there were actually four Military tents in that building, one was in a room in the rear. If that goes on when 0.60 is stable, nicee. I took two of them an placed it in the Woods. With the new UI it's possible to access all 252 slots :-).  

8l1Zm7T.jpg

Call me the medicine man ... :-)

XKiON2E.jpg

• Like 3

So as noted in the 0.60 release, arrows are invisible in the bow... but they are now visible in flight. Arrows now work with hotbar. Can no longer use single stick/feather/bone to create five arrows, so five times harder to craft arrows. Couldn't group bones. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, barnabus said:

Perhaps it will catch up with you if your status is bugged.  Or maybe you just got lucky a few times.  People noticed right away that ponds are no longer safe.  I got steam messages from the same people who would tease me about my purification tablets, asking how to cure sickness.  Ponds=bad.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

Perhaps it will catch up with you if your status is bugged.  Or maybe you just got lucky a few times.  People noticed right away that ponds are no longer safe.  I got steam messages from the same people who would tease me about my purification tablets, asking how to cure sickness.  Ponds=bad.

Did "people" mention that in this thread?

I'm just on my second life in .60 and got lucky on the last one finding enough sodas to get me the well on Skalatisy. I often just avoided wells filling my bottles at the pond in previous versions.

Saved me an embarrassing lesson I guess, will start picking up tabs now.

Thanks.

• Like 2

Think most of you forgot the purpose of these exp builds they are not gonna stop and fix every single bug they try and get alll the bugs as many as possible and fix them in one big go around its just a shame 90% of the people dont test the way they should so alot of bugs will go unchecked because people are not reporting them as they should. So report report and keep reporting the bugs as you find them so the devs can knock as many out as they can each patch.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rammur said:

Think most of you forgot the purpose of these exp builds they are not gonna stop and fix every single bug they try and get alll the bugs as many as possible and fix them in one big go around its just a shame 90% of the people dont test the way they should so alot of bugs will go unchecked because people are not reporting them as they should. So report report and keep reporting the bugs as you find them so the devs can knock as many out as they can each patch.

Squeakers will never test the game as they're only interested in running around killing people or the correct term for it would be stroking their tiny little egos.

• Like 2

Yeah your right think 90% of the kiddies i ran into on exp were just more concerned about killen me then testing anything lol.

• Like 2

Video memory setting is not necessary - u gain memory leak with Auto option, but a pc should use all their available memory.

I am gettin alot of lag when aiming with a scope now is there away to fix that?

2 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Are servers still acting wonky or are they doing better?

1PP Servers all pretty much burned to the ground.  A lot of 3pp servers are doing just fine although a crapload of people just kicked by BE for corrupted memory #13 or #12.  It was one of the US SW servers, forget which one.  Doing a file check in steam now..

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=683923722

Edited by barnabus
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, barnabus said:

1PP Servers all pretty much burned to the ground.  A lot of 3pp servers are doing just fine although a crapload of people just kicked by BE for corrupted memory #13 or #12.  It was one of the US SW servers, forget which one.  Doing a file check in steam now..

It's probably southwest 0-1 as southwest 0-2 is a 1pp server

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, barnabus said:

Did you manage to stay in a 1pp server at all?

I got 2 minutes, kick, repeat over and over with a couple of memory crashes

I validated on steam at some point and managed to get in a half hour on 3pp.

Now I keep getting where it looks like it's joining but kicks me to the main menu.

Guess I'll validate and try again. 

• Like 1