SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

11 hours ago, Fing said:

Thanks for the replies.  I thought it might be the case of spam the connect button and see what happens. I just have the misfortune of failing all the time regardless of the number of players shown on the server list screen.  Oh well onwards and upwards I might get in some day.

I just set the mouse on the connect button and put my finger over the enter key and go tap ....tap...tap..and watch tv. Every now and then I look over and see if I am in yet. Just tap the enter key once every couple seconds, like tap 1 2 3 4 tap 1 2 3 4 tap. If you are doing something else you won't even notice 10 minutes go past. :-D I got in tonight and played for an hour then logged out and went and did laundry, ate dinner, logged back in and played for an hour.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, HarryPotter (DayZ) said:

Well id love to test this patch but it's nearly impossible, 40 mins of spamming join for 5 mins of gameplay before server crash.. This happened 3 times in a row tonight and twice the night before... I will leave this exp for people who can script keys to get into servers. 0.60 looks great from the small amount I've seen so well done devs. See you when it hits stable ;)

If you change your mind try reinstalling it, if you have fast internet, it only takes about 10 minutes.

In my opinion, I got my money's worth about a year ago. How much enjoyment did I pay for? About a year ago, I was at an abandoned base way up north, when I got swarmed and stood my ground with  my ak, but they kept coming and a lucky hit broke my leg and the last 5 or 6 zombies were tearing me apart as I let the last bullets fly into them and  switched to my pistol and took the last one down. Bandaged, ate, drank, crawled to a bush and made a splint and thought "What a freaking crazy abandoned base, where's the exit" That must have been something like 25 or 30 infected swarming in waves from every direction. It was awesome!! I thought to myself "I friggen love this game" Oh ya, I got my money's worth long ago and there are very few games that have remained on my computer for this long and it's not even finished yet and there is more in store going ahead! If I had another thumb I would say 3 thumbs up.

• Like 6

I haven't seen any Aus exp servers for maybe 2 days now. Can anyone else confirm this ??  Yes, i know about changing the filters to find them also.. I'm guessing maybe im checking at the wrong times when they are down perhaps..

hey there,

finally the new renderer is available, but i wanst able to connect just once since release...when i try to join a server the dayz sa loading screen appears and then a grey screen comes up and thats it. i waited for half an hour with the grey ♥♥♥♥ but no luck...i just cant connect to any server no matter what i do...
tried so far:
removed all start parameters, verified game files, etc etc etc...iam so ♥♥♥♥♥♥ because everybody seems to get it running just like that...but not for me...

btw...i always see the same people on the servers...guys please let other try 0.60 too...dont be that selfish guys!!!!!!!

My rig:

i5-3570K
gtx980
16gb ddr3
win10

onboard gpu is disabled in bios

its just a blank grey screen and my pc is under load...gpu 98% and cpu all cores around 75%...my buddy has the same problem...same white or grey screen...

but no matter if i wait 5mins or 3 hours....i just cant connect^^

here is a screenshot
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/271717640380534441/0BCE4135BE920DE557522A0E26960ED73936738D/

Edited by mosher83

2 hours ago, Excanto said:

That must have been something like 25 or 30 infected swarming in waves from every direction.

Shit damn, you are lucky! I didnt see that much infected in dayz since there was infinite respawning back in 2014. I played some .60 yesterday and didnt see single one. 

Off topic: I play a lot of Exile in last few months and there are f.cked up zombies. First hit takes away 60% health and breaks your legs, second hit kills you. Only headshot kills zombie. I think ideal infected would be something in between. 3 or 4 hits kill you, 2 hits break arm or leg.  

• Like 3

Dayz doesn´t save my graphics settings. With every start i have to go into configure menu to set up. Another thing is, if I enable anti aliasing OBS just record a black screen...

Am I alone with these issues?

Do flares and other light sources shine outside of buildings and walls or was that resolved?

Woke up 3 hours early for work (3 am) to play experimental branch. Everyone else either thought of that too, or a lot of people in Europe are clogging the US severs. Spammed for an entire hour last night, got nowhere.

From what I hear .60 is a great patch. Can't wait to play it.

1 hour ago, koffeekage said:

Do flares and other light sources shine outside of buildings and walls or was that resolved?

Still not implemented. Dunno if it ever will be... The last time I heard when the issue was brought up Dean Hall was still on board and said they never considered it a thing. 

So, I was wandering up North above Tisy, checking out the area and exploring.. then came across a strange sight in the sky.  It was in the middle of the night in Chernarus, maybe 2:00am ingame, so I thought maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me.  It was what looked like a tree, floating what seemed like 500+ meters up in the sky...

1Etc4u0.jpg

It's a little hard to see in the night sky, but as I got in closer, sure enough, it was a tree chilling up in the night sky..

JHHu4Uf.jpg

DQEpXr3.jpg

It was out over the debug zone, which I did not want to venture out into just in case of a server crash.  Just wanted to share some weird events as I saw them.  

• Like 10

7 hours ago, Excanto said:

In my opinion, I got my money's worth about a year ago. How much enjoyment did I pay for? About a year ago, I was at an abandoned base way up north, when I got swarmed and stood my ground with  my ak, but they kept coming and a lucky hit broke my leg and the last 5 or 6 zombies were tearing me apart as I let the last bullets fly into them and  switched to my pistol and took the last one down. Bandaged, ate, drank, crawled to a bush and made a splint and thought "What a freaking crazy abandoned base, where's the exit" That must have been something like 25 or 30 infected swarming in waves from every direction. It was awesome!! I thought to myself "I friggen love this game" Oh ya, I got my money's worth long ago and there are very few games that have remained on my computer for this long and it's not even finished yet and there is more in store going ahead! If I had another thumb I would say 3 thumbs up.

I'm happy for you. You're a living example that in order to be happy one should not expect much from anything, and that's a fundamentally good thing. However, it also strengthens the rampant trend of under delivering among companies, and that's fundamentally bad. As abstract it might be, consumers should expect and demand from companies to make good on their word and deliver on what they sell in full for the price they ask. Unless in time we want to be charged the same for less and less. It's only logical if clients are always happy with half the product...

Disclaimer: I'm not implying BIS is not making good on their word with 0.60, as they are. The above is just an "econo-philosophical" remark. 

Edited by smoq2

1 hour ago, smoq2 said:

Still not implemented. Dunno if it ever will be... The last time I heard when the issue was brought up Dean Hall was still on board and said they never considered it a thing. 

It definitely will be fixed very soon if it hasn't already . The last talk about it was just months ago , stating that the devs needed to wait until the new renderer for it to work. The new renderer is out now so it's either already fixed or is about to be soon .

• Like 5

3 hours ago, mosher83 said:

hey there,

finally the new renderer is available, but i wanst able to connect just once since release...when i try to join a server the dayz sa loading screen appears and then a grey screen comes up and thats it. i waited for half an hour with the grey ♥♥♥♥ but no luck...i just cant connect to any server no matter what i do...
tried so far:
removed all start parameters, verified game files, etc etc etc...iam so ♥♥♥♥♥♥ because everybody seems to get it running just like that...but not for me...

btw...i always see the same people on the servers...guys please let other try 0.60 too...dont be that selfish guys!!!!!!!

My rig:

i5-3570K
gtx980
16gb ddr3
win10

onboard gpu is disabled in bios

its just a blank grey screen and my pc is under load...gpu 98% and cpu all cores around 75%...my buddy has the same problem...same white or grey screen...

but no matter if i wait 5mins or 3 hours....i just cant connect^^

here is a screenshot
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/271717640380534441/0BCE4135BE920DE557522A0E26960ED73936738D/

Are you trying to use steam auto connect ? If so , don't try and do that as it will never let you in . Just spam enter over one server for as long as you can until you get in . Also , if your resolution is set to something funky (like mine was at 1768x992) then it sometimes has trouble starting , try putting it into a well know resolution (1920x1080, 1600x900) and keep it in windowed mode to see if it does the same thing .

Protip: if you see the server browser sort of "freeze up" meaning you can press connect but it doesn't do anything , wait about 3-5 minutes , this "freeze" usually means you have connected to a server and are about to get in .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, koffeekage said:

This is what i want to know also.. cant really tell from the vids but there doesnt seem to be a mention of it.. 

UFZzwcSh.jpg?1

Here you can see the light at rooftop. I dont know if they fixed that problem with lightsources shining throug walls but in this picture it doesnt look like they get to manage it. It was a torch I lit and putted it into the house.

Edited by imunone
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, imunone said:

Here you can see the light at rooftop. I dont know if they fixed that problem with lightsources shining throug walls but in this picture it doesnt look like they get to manage it. It was a torch I lit and putted it into the house.

Lights don't cast shadows, so they shine through walls. I hope they fix this - I think more people would use lights at night if flashlights didn't light up half the city as you look around. Would also look amazing.

When playing last night, I noticed very little, if any, in the way of rubberbanding. Was shooting this guy, and he wasn't sliding around or anything stupid like that. Anyone else notice an improvement in that regard?

• Like 1

On 5/4/2016 at 0:45 PM, BCBasher said:

Was it just a single 1.9 gig download?

I'm on a limited bandwidth cell internet plan.

Same here :( I can't play with this connection :( 

Finally got into the game and had a good 2 hrs worth of playing.  I was just mainly wandering around to see what the new places look like.  Started at Solnichniy saw 3 people on my way to Kamy.  Mainly avoided them although one of them noticed me waved then went on his merry way.  Scurted electro, But had a look through binos to see the changes.  It looked good even though it was night time so could not see that well then off to Cherno to see the changes from afar there.  Then the server restarted.  Would like to get back in and visit a few more places.  By the way are the prisons still not spawning loot? Had a look at the one at Chapaevsk and didn't find anything.  Its not conclusive I know just wondering that's all.  And have they made the 4 story offices loot area been made smaller? I could not open any of the doors on the sides or at the front entrance.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, The Riddler (DayZ) said:

Same here :( I can't play with this connection :( 

Speed or the bulk of data?

I checked my schedule and had no problem fitting the downloads in.

I haven't rechecked but I use my phone tether as well sometimes which is easy to see the data usage in almost real time and it appeared to be down to using more like 10mb an hour down from 100mb an hour at some point in during .59.

I got in for few hours last night finally and wow, the South East corner where I've spent so much of my 1100 hours has sure grown up. Wasn't spending too long gawking at night with 59 other players on but there's a lot to explore when the servers settle or I have some backup.

Pretty sure I saw a guy drop to a random "you are dead" I checked and he didn't seem to have anything to suicide with. Saw him punching air and going through animations on the road and then dropped to his knees with his hands on the ground. 

• Like 2

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Fing said:

IFinally got into the game and had a good 2 hrs worth of playing.  I was just mainly wandering around to see what the new places look like.  Started at Solnichniy saw 3 people on my way to Kamy.  Mainly avoided them although one of them noticed me waved then went on his merry way.  Scurted electro, But had a look through binos to see the changes.  It looked good even though it was night time so could not see that well then off to Cherno to see the changes from afar there.  Then the server restarted.  Would like to get back in and visit a few more places.  By the way are the prisons still not spawning loot? Had a look at the one at Chapaevsk and didn't find anything.  Its not conclusive I know just wondering that's all.  And have they made the 4 story offices loot area been made smaller? I could not open any of the doors on the sides or at the front entrance.

It's possible that there's loot spawning but there are players out there that think they should be the only ones who can have supplies to survive so they empty out every building they come across so others won't find anything useful.

• Like 1

Uploaded some new screenshots again: http://imgur.com/a/37oP1

6 hours ago, koffeekage said:

Check out my album of screenshots, the last one is an house with a fire at night.

• Like 2