SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

Any one else having problems with connecting to a .60 server? Ok I get max people reached message when server is full, but on the server list and the ones showning less players I get ( CONNECT connecting failed) message. Went back to .59 and could get into the game.  Reloaded .6 and problem persists.  And my drivers and win 10 are up to date.  Any help would be most appreciated as I would love to see the new looking game.

31 minutes ago, Fing said:

Any one else having problems with connecting to a .60 server? Ok I get max people reached message when server is full, but on the server list and the ones showning less players I get ( CONNECT connecting failed) message. Went back to .59 and could get into the game.  Reloaded .6 and problem persists.  And my drivers and win 10 are up to date.  Any help would be most appreciated as I would love to see the new looking game.

I am guessing you haven't been reading the forums. "Connecting failed" and "Maximum number of players reached" is normal as they're limiting the servers to test the login process. You need to keep pressing enter while having your mouse over the box that pops up and then if you're lucky you'll connect and get in. 

33 minutes ago, Fing said:

Choose server.

Get connecting failed or max players dialogue box.

Float mouse over "ok" in dialogue box.

Spam enter key until you join.

Profit with moar frameZ.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 2

Thanks for the replies.  I thought it might be the case of spam the connect button and see what happens. I just have the misfortune of failing all the time regardless of the number of players shown on the server list screen.  Oh well onwards and upwards I might get in some day.

5 minutes ago, Fing said:

Thanks for the replies.  I thought it might be the case of spam the connect button and see what happens. I just have the misfortune of failing all the time regardless of the number of players shown on the server list screen.  Oh well onwards and upwards I might get in some day.

It happens to everyone so try not to let it disappoint you. The best way to get in is trying to connect right after a restart as you'll have a greater chance of getting in. 

32 minutes ago, Dudester100 said:

A good read with lots to be optimistic about.

Just curious why is the bug thread on their board just a temporary thing?

I haven't played enough to have anything to report but browsed the thread last night and would be able to have that open on my phone at all times to instantly report or try an repro others' bugs.

I hated the old bugtracker with a passion.

5 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

IA good read with lots to be optimistic about.

I haven't played enough to have anything to report but browsed the thread last night and would be able to have that open on my phone at all times to instantly report or try an repro others' bugs.

It was only created because the bug tracker is down but once it's back up again it won't be needed anymore.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

It was only created because the bug tracker is down but once it's back up again it won't be needed anymore.

I'm aware of that part, I just think the current bandaid is better than the confusing ticket taker that constantly forgot your login.

Just my personal opinion.

• Like 1

Anyone know an easy way to see if chicken in a cooking pot is cooked? I had to resort to taking the scalding cooking pot in my hands, and couldn't help wincing a little when I did that haha.

I think if you keep your inventory open you will be able to see when it changes color. I could be wrong on that but that's how it was in previous patches.

I was able to play a nice session this evening. Made my way from Cherno, through Zeleno, Green Mountain to Altar and than further north. No major bugs, just visual bugs, some desync/delay while using items or open doors, no ctd. Crafted various items, broke them, crafted other stuff again, no problems, worked for me.

Met a nice guy called "survivor" at the beginning in Cherno. We fought some infected at the tents and had a small talk, than he left. On my way I heard some shots here and there, it was really intense, espacially in a foggy enviroment. I also had much fun watching the infect jumping or fences and walls. The animation looks awesome, I hope we will see more stuff like this, particularly more different animations for each move.

Can't wait to see 0.60 hits stable, but the SR was pretty clear, that it won't be happen anytime soon. Still great improvements in this patch!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BCBasher said:

A good read with lots to be optimistic about.

I liked it a lot. It was just so active and a lot of duplicates. Very powerful tool when used (and reported) right.

Next one we will be able to log in with the Bohemia account so people don't need to make a new account for that.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Has anyone tested fishing poles yet?

I still haven't found the new fishing pole yet, but I can confirm that fish are only giving one filet each; which is strange, considering that carp ALWAYS have two sides to them.

1 hour ago, Kohlbar said:

Anyone know an easy way to see if chicken in a cooking pot is cooked? I had to resort to taking the scalding cooking pot in my hands, and couldn't help wincing a little when I did that haha.

Just drar it onto the ground and look inside.  No need to burn yourself.  Also, it takes about a minute and fifteen seconds to cook four chicken breasts.  If you use a stick at the same time, you can just watch the stick, and pull the pot when the one on the stick is done; the cooktimes are nearly identical.

• Like 4

Well id love to test this patch but it's nearly impossible, 40 mins of spamming join for 5 mins of gameplay before server crash.. This happened 3 times in a row tonight and twice the night before... I will leave this exp for people who can script keys to get into servers. 0.60 looks great from the small amount I've seen so well done devs. See you when it hits stable ;)

Not a terribly friendly lot on experimental. Ran into some fellow near... Sverograd? Svetlogosk? Something. Big city near the middle. Bumped into him in the road, and I said "hello!" and he ran off. That's funny, I think, so I follow him, do the wiggle dance. Son of a bitch pulls out a shotgun "oh" I say, so I run off. That's when I hear *CLICK* *FRANTIC RELOADING*. I don't know if he forgot to load his gun, or it jammed, but I took the opportunity and shot him 4 or 5 times in the chest with my magnum. Doesn't phase him, though, so he runs off. I run off too, so I can reload. I then give chase, but I can't find him. I then see him gunning it down the road, like 200-300 meters away. He turns and fires his shotgun, which harmlessly plinks around me, so I shoot at him with the four .22 rounds I have for my sporter. Missed every one, but he runs at me. I pull out the scorpion I found last night and fire 10 rounds into his chest. "You fucked up." I say to his lifeless, bastard body. Would have made for an excellent video, I assure you. I have no idea how I survived. He must have been fumbling with the controls, because one shot probably would have killed me, especially at the range we were at initially. I'm not sure how I didn't kill him with the revolver, but he was bleeding. 

Last night I got shot at from behind, but I'm not sure where from. I ran around in circles before hiding in a building that had a vantage point over a police station. I see him running across the field, and I'm just about to take aim before the server goes down.

My only friendly encounter was when I was a freshspawn. We talked about our frame rates, and how amazing .60 is. I miss that guy.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, BCBasher said:

Employees at BI seem optimistic about the new one, if that says anything.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tatanko said:

Employees at BI seem optimistic about the new one, if that says anything.

I'll follow my therapist advice bout looking at new things with optimism instead of fear then ;)

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, kataro said:

@$@#@%% BIS will not steal my money never more, crap garbage development  TWO FUCKING LONG YEARS to do noting and still in DAMMED ALPHA STAGE , GIVE TO US A REAL PROGRESS, A new render ... bullshit, more fps don't help with crap animations  transitions. Look to the crap physics in game ... drop your  dammed engine and use a modern engine like UT4 or Unity   its all ...  and is easier to dice release  last dlc for BF1 than Dayz go into beta stage

The stupid is strong with this one.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, kataro said:

@$@#@%% BIS will not steal my money never more, crap garbage development  TWO FUCKING LONG YEARS to do noting and still in DAMMED ALPHA STAGE , GIVE TO US A REAL PROGRESS, A new render ... bullshit, more fps don't help with crap animations  transitions. Look to the crap physics in game ... drop your  dammed engine and use a modern engine like UT4 or Unity   its all ...  and is easier to dice release  last dlc for BF1 than Dayz go into beta stage

Dude, go take a midol and relax. If DayZ hadn't changed the size and scope of what was going to be in the game then it probably would have been almost finished but since they're doing really ambitious things it's taking a while to get everything as it should be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kataro said:

Funny how "that guy" is the exact guy who doesn't reed the fine print about not buying this game if you're "that guy".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BCBasher said:

Funny how "that guy" is the exact guy who doesn't reed the fine print about not buying this game if you're "that guy".

Maybe the reason they don't read the disclaimer is because they're illiterate? Why else would they not read it or even comprehend it?

3 hours ago, Dudester100 said:

The stupid is strong with this one.

giphy.gif

He will come back. Like we all do. Always