SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

23 hours ago, ktaanthrax said:

you have no idea of software development, heavent you?

@ktaanthrax Ejem* I've studied Computer Science for 5 years and worked for 3 years on the computer science industry so I know what is sofware development sir. You look like a rat fanboy looking for some place to yell.

I would like to see you developing one simple SW project, you will learn a lot of things for sure. Actually I'm working in QA so I understand clearly what bugfixing means expecially with a old and huge project like Dayz.

In the SW industry if you want to make a good product you need a huge ammount of time in order to develope it. Actually I think that Dayz dev team are doing a great job with QA before releasing any update, this is the way to do it. I'll give you a simple example: I have developed one app for sport bets using JavaEE and other part one using .NET and implemented both by using different frameworks, this "simple" project tooked us one year of work so imagine a game like this one where you have to implement every possible alternative for each action and feature and adding the CLE implementation dinamically. A LOT OF WORK MEN!

Hope you understand it better.
Bestz!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Just Caused said:

20160508234554_1.jpgdead_joffrey.jpg

Was walking down the Chernogorsk and I happen to kill Joffrey Lannister.

Yay King Justin Bieber :-)

33 minutes ago, IMT said:

I think you just found a bug for me. I had a backpack in my hands as well at a restart once and when I got in I was naked and afraid in Stary Yar. So it seems that backpacks in your hands at server restart will delete your gear and everything in the backpack so the only thing you have will be the backpack. Going to add that one to  my list.

Go ahead and add it to the ticket I linked to in my previous post.  I'll try to duplicate it next time I get a chance to run back from the coast :)

I might have a go with the Frying Pan then and see if I can get it to work. Might do some fishing for that, haven't done that yet in this build which is rare haha. I found a fresh frying pan, and filled it with chicken already.  I logged near Stary Yar.  I can run down to a nice private house by a pond tomorrow and give it another go.

Made it in this morning on my second try.  Made a knife, talked to a guy standing over a dead body, ran into a house, then all EXP servers went offline.  Maybe 30 seconds.  :D  It sure looked pretty.

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

Made it in this morning on my second try.  Made a knife, talked to a guy standing over a dead body, ran into a house, then all EXP servers went offline.  Maybe 30 seconds.  :D  It sure looked pretty.

I missed servers by seconds then :P

Hopefully they will return soon.

uaaaahhhh joined in - saw a nato heli - ran to it - someone kneeing on the ground besides the heli - fired my 20 rounds out of my RAK - no reaction, no blood, no movement - one shot from dont know - blackscreen "youre dead" I love this game!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IMT said:

Gary actually was so trembling in fear he decided to jump off a rock to commit suicide. Sorry bro, you have to admit it was a bit funny haha.

Yeah that ramp of rocks just jumped right out in front of me!

Yesterday I did a lot of dying, but I'm enjoying this update immensely.   I can confirm that the respawn button is working properly!

• Like 9

The redesigned Tulga did away with my best barrel hiding spots.  I've had as many as 18 barrels hidden around there on full pop servers for weeks.  :(

• Like 1

It is almost impossible to get any testing done...

IF you find a server to play on the server crashes usually after a few minutes, or at least I lose connection to the host.

The longest I have been able to play so far is maybe an hour, but more usual is 5 minutes at a time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thurman Merman said:

The redesigned Tulga did away with my best barrel hiding spots.  I've had as many as 18 barrels hidden around there on full pop servers for weeks.  :(

Wish I could get in long enough to check out the changes to my "home town" :( 

Finally got in experimental, after 5 days of trying...and must say Im amazed. I had better FPS in Cherno then I ever had anywhere before .60. No frames drops, no stuttering, no more slide show when I see houses in distance. If it runs so much better on my stone age PC I cant imagine how this runs on modern gaming PCs. On down side, I didnt see any zombies. 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, igor-vk said:

Finally got in experimental, after 5 days of trying...and must say Im amazed. I had better FPS in Cherno then I ever had anywhere before .60. No frames drops, no stuttering, no more slide show when I see houses in distance. If it runs so much better on my stone age PC I cant imagine how this runs on modern gaming PCs. On down side, I didnt see any zombies. 

Glad you were finally able to experience DayZ with good FPS!

As for the zombies, they're about the same as 0.59 -- just with added visual variety thanks to all the new "outfits." Also, they can jump over fences now ;)

• Like 4

I wonder how their movement looks with normal frame rate. Before they looked like bad motion capture in old movies. Anyway, 0.61 will be twenty steps forward. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, igor-vk said:

I wonder how their movement looks with normal frame rate. Before they looked like bad motion capture in old movies. Anyway, 0.61 will be twenty steps forward. 

What do you mean about the choppy infected animations, Gumby and Pokey thought it looked pretty smooth?

Gumbypic.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, nl said:

It is almost impossible to get any testing done...

IF you find a server to play on the server crashes usually after a few minutes, or at least I lose connection to the host.

The longest I have been able to play so far is maybe an hour, but more usual is 5 minutes at a time.

This is also my experience, also everything seems very dark think I might have something set wrong?

• Like 2

One thing I have noticed multiple times is when a server crashes/looses connection I can't select another server to join without restarting the game 

2 minutes ago, HarryPotter (DayZ) said:

This is also my experience, also everything seems very dark think I might have something set wrong?

Same boat too but I can see it will be good when it's out there for everyone.

I have my gamma set 3/4 of the way to maxed the little bit I've played and nights were pitch black but my daytime colour was vivid and not washed out. Might just be different setups responding differently.

2 minutes ago, HarryPotter (DayZ) said:

One thing I have noticed multiple times is when a server crashes/looses connection I can't select another server to join without restarting the game 

I haven't had that problem yet, so far anyway. Did you check your gamma setting in game? 

• Like 1

Just now, BCBasher said:

Same boat too but I can see it will be good when it's out there for everyone.

I have my gamma set 3/4 of the way to maxed the little bit I've played and nights were pitch black but my daytime colour was vivid and not washed out. Might just be different setups responding differently.

Same for me too whenever I manage to get on a server it usually crashes. Gamma has been less of a problem for me,  it's just really getting on servers which is hard.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

I haven't had that problem yet, so far anyway. Did you check your gamma setting in game? 

Yeah I had to turn it up 3/4 where as before it's always been around half..

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GuyRandomMan said:

Same for me too whenever I manage to get on a server it usually crashes. Gamma has been less of a problem for me,  it's just really getting on servers which is hard.

The main thing is I saw consistent double digit frames on my stone age franken-system, I can step back happy about that. Anything I would typically set out to test would be time consuming repetitive stuff and hours to get in for minutes would just put the bad taste back in my mouth. I definitely have a lot of faith in the game restored by what I have seen though.  

**edit, defiant auto-correct**

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BCBasher said:

The main thing is I saw consistent double digit frames on my stone age franken-system, I can step back happy about that. Anything I would typically set out to test would be time consuming repetitive stuff and hours to get in for minutes would just put the bad taste back in my mouth. I defiantly have a lot of faith in the game restored by what I have seen though.  

I am incredibly excited for this patch to hit stable, I think it will be great.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, GuyRandomMan said:

I am incredibly excited for this patch to hit stable, I think it will be great.

Probably as great as any patch. And interaction will be exclusively limited to pulling the trigger. Will miss the mix of fight and cooperate that is bound to end when it's hitting to stable.

• Like 1