SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

On 05/05/2016 at 3:01 PM, Falconevo said:

This is a big step by the DayZ development team and you have delivered a very substantial and promising update in .60 to show us things to come.  This is essentially the turn in the road everyone was hoping for regarding development.   Massive thanks to the DayZ development team for getting the build ready and all the work they have put in making sure its playable and enjoyable :)

The lack of player slots and server availability appears to be the biggest problem at the moment, with that in mind I would like to offer the DayZ development team access to more server resource in Europe free of charge.  I won't say who but I work for a large enterprise hosting/cloud provider and would like to offer some support to get the DayZ dev team some more compute and network resource to host more experimental servers in Europe.

If anyone at Bohemia and the DayZ team would like to explore this avenue and let me know what kind of resources you need I'm certain something can be arranged.  Please feel free to drop me a private message and we can take the conversation from there.  

I would like to see this experimental patch and ones in the future get the best visibility to the player base and additional server(s) would be the needed resource here.  We all want to see the player base for DayZ get larger, getting more exposure on this release will help do that.

FalconEvo

As per my original post, I have followed through on my word and provided the DayZ Dev team with the following resources in my OpenStack Cloud;

• 120 virtual CPU cores (calculated based on 30 instances with 4x CPU's allocated)
  • 256GB Ram
  • 4TB of storage availability
  • 100 Public IPs
  • 10Gbit/s networking backbone

devteam.png

It is difficult to say whether they will make use of the resources I have provided, Hicks said that he will pass the details on to the build team.  With any luck they will utilise what I've provided and create 30 new servers in Europe.

I can't do much more than that, the resource is there and available it's just up to the Devs if they want to make use of it.

Absolutely loving .60 at the moment, I was able to get on briefly before the patch earlier today but haven't been able to get a spot since.

Rocking 100+ FPS on a 980Ti @ 3440*1440 :)

20160509112500_1.jpg

• Like 14

20160508234554_1.jpgdead_joffrey.jpg

Was walking down the Chernogorsk and I happen to kill Joffrey Lannister.

Edited by Just Caused
  • Like 13

Was walking down the Chernogorsk and I happen to kill Joffrey Lannister.

The boy King Joffrey.. He had it coming.  Well done, good sir.  Well done..

Meanwhile back at the ranch, I was in Vybor in the double green across from the Police Station, and trouble started.  I was helping a semi-naked bambi that bolted into the Police Station and was gunned down immediately.  I went over to the double green and took up a position upstairs, not knowing if the other guy saw me or not.  Well, someone he did.  After a few words were exchanged, we decided to go our separate ways.  I hit the door with my axe to quickly unlock it, and the other guy thought I fire my weapon at him.. So, then he vows to kill me.  I quickly run back up stairs, we exchange a few more words, sizing eachother up as best we could.. I keep my FAL, with only 5 rounds, trained on the door, and trying to watch the Police station roof top just in case.  And then.... Server crash.

/sigh

Goodtimes.. 

Edited by antykain
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Falconevo said:

As per my original post, I have followed through on my word and provided the DayZ Dev team with the following resources in my OpenStack Cloud;

• 120 virtual CPU cores (calculated based on 30 instances with 4x CPU's allocated)
  • 256GB Ram
  • 4TB of storage availability
  • 100 Public IPs
  • 10Gbit/s networking backbone

Wow, that is awesome to hear. Hopefully they will!

2 minutes ago, IMT said:

Wow, that is awesome to hear. Hopefully they will!

don´t think they will.

hicks stated what experimental means. they get data for the team and they don´t need more data/servers.

.60 is not ready for stable now, but no long way to go before it is ready.

so, like allways in dayz, patience is the key :)

Just now, wasnu said:

don´t think they will.

hicks stated what experimental means. they get data for the team and they don´t need more data/servers.

They did say they will probably have more servers in the future.

7 minutes ago, wasnu said:

Yeah, there are quite a few bugs that need to be squashed out, that is for sure.  But I really like how it is coming along.. The wait for this build was well worth it, IMO.  Can't wait to see what the future holds.. As you said, patience is the key..

1 minute ago, IMT said:

They did say they will probably have more servers in the future.

Yeah, I read on a Twitter post that they (DayZ devs) were working on expanding the server pool.  This was a few days ago, back on the 6th of May I believe.

3 minutes ago, antykain said:

Yeah, I read on a Twitter post that they (DayZ devs) were working on expanding the server pool.  This was a few days ago, back on the 6th of May I believe.

Hi there! I also remember Mr. Hicks mentioned something about testing servers under heavy login fire. I guess the best way to do so is open just a few servers?! 

-> Agilov

18 hours ago, cgdeth said:

"Joined two hours ago" has "2" posts. Dude don't lie when the info is right there.

Well, this is a BOHEMIA account... and for SOME reason (luckily) dayz.com forum is using BOHEMIA logins... :)

How do people find the loot spawning ? is it an improvement on 59 ?? can you notice a difference ??

16 minutes ago, liquidcactus said:

How do people find the loot spawning ? is it an improvement on 59 ?? can you notice a difference ??

Seems a bit more random, some houses have nothing, some have a little more than the usual. Also clothes sometimes have loot in them, and I also found a P1 pistol in a house with a pristine suppressor on it!... Threw the p1 at a loud chicken.

I think m4's and aug's are spawning at military tents, but I had no luck. 

30 minutes ago, liquidcactus said:

There are many differences, for example no loot is spawning in any blue and grey sedan. Too many rifles are spawning with attachments (hunting scope is inflationary), crash sites has to many weapons at all, etc.

But I think thats all intended and necessary to track down as many bugs as possible for the upcoming 0.6x stable releases. So we should not judge about the changes compared to 0.59 atm.

Edited by Sharplooter

A long day of about 4 different 30 minute sessions. Servers restarting left and right, crashing getting taken down, coming back etc. Met a guy and we explored new Cherno for a while before he died by tripping over stairs. I wonder if, after the server stress testing is done, the server count will go back to what it was on previous experimental builds? And even though the servers keep going down and crashing, I notice that action response is almost instant as far as drinking soda, bandaging, searching for apples. Before, full servers would often mean at least a 5 second delay when doing an action.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Salty seadog said:

Seems a bit more random, some houses have nothing, some have a little more than the usual. Also clothes sometimes have loot in them, and I also found a P1 pistol in a house with a pristine suppressor on it!... Threw the p1 at a loud chicken.

I think m4's and aug's are spawning at military tents, but I had no luck. 

Losers are taking all the military gear so that they'll be the only ones with high-end gear just so they can pretend they're big and powerful when they kill someone not as well geared as they are.

11 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

I got on and managed to play for about 30 minutes this morning. I spawned near the vybor military base as that's where I was friday when I last played and I decided to check out the base even though I knew it would be risky and as I was checking one of the barracks some loser came in and started trying to shoot me with his shotgun and missed so I decided to run out of the building and as I ran away he tried shooting at me again but missed badly.

I then ran to myshinko tents to see what I could find and as I searched the tents I noticed another player in the vicinity but thankfully that player didn't try to kill me and shortly after that the server crashed. I managed to get back on and spawned near one of the tents again and as I continued searching I ran into another player who I am assuming was the player I previously spotted being chased by zeds so I continued searching and came across a tent and decided to leave before someone killed me for it and I ran off to find a place to setup my new tent.

Before I went to the myshinko tents though I dropped my mountain backpack further away just in case I was killed while searching the area and when I came back it had sunk half-way into the ground so it's possible items aren't despawning as thought but instead are sinking into the ground. I could be wrong though so it's something to look into either way.

I spawned the other day and found a backpack almost instantly and grabbed everything I could get my hands on and ran into the woods and went thru all the junk in an open spot in the woods. I put down a rifle and tape, lockpick, screwdriver and about 8 other items and then moved some stuff around in the backpack and poof, about 30 seconds in the ground and everything vanished. I tried that again after a bit and it didn't vanish. It seemed like a timer went off and it wiped the ground in front of my eyes. Maybe it sank :-D

Played with Gary, Dudester, Brooks, IMT, and Emu, a bit earlier.

We were split into 2 teams not too far apart and decided to meet where we knew there should be a Lada. As Brooks and I approached the Lada we had nearly met up with the others when he drew fire from an unseen assailant. Gary and IMT rushed to our direction as we dashed into a line of trees to try to flank the KoSS'r (see also tosser).

We situated on a hill overlooking the Lada and our intrepid friend decided he was free to take the Lada (which need tires repaired). Brooks fired on him through the windshield and he immediately exited the car and ran towards the front of the treeline we had dashed through to flank him initially. Now all 4 of us were perched in a semi circle looking down on his position and it was either Gary or IMT who saw him laying by a tree. I asked that they flush him out with a few rounds and when they did, he did not move.

After a moment, we rushed the position and found his corpse right where the rat had curled up to breathe his last.

Spoiler

qV8wOjb.jpg

^Poor schmuck had more balls than brains.... also couldn't check his pulse.

We then make our own genius decision to stash the car and go check out the new Tisy base.

Spoiler

kaAroz8.jpg

Almost as soon as we arrived we drew fire from the large tower there. Gary, having just finished his 3rd cup of coffee, decides to try to rush them on his own and is cut down in an exchange with one of the players. Brooks and I left the scene to recover the car and then Brooks logged out while I steeped my balls in a pond to reduce overheating.

Finally, we all come together once more on the outskirts of Sinistok where desynch from 2 Lada's passing caused a crash and the need for some tire repair.

Spoiler

bvPOZyZ.jpg

^There's no AAA in the apocalypse.

After driving to pick up Gary, I logged out.

This was a nearly 4 hour session with only a couple service interruptions.

I'm still in awe of how beautiful Enfusion makes Chernarus+ look.....

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 8

I was so busy tonight and found only UK servers up and they had a pretty bad lag. Rummaged a bit thru a military base, heard shots and jammed into the bushes and watched some armed guy running around being chased by a zombie, guess he was saving bullets or out. He headed out and I took my shovel to the rest of the zombies and then found nothing bleh. Headed north and found a couple aks's in a hunting stand with the ladder, which have been completely empty for me so far in .60. Nice binoc's too and I come down and load the only 10 rounds I had into it and felt much better. Here comes a woman up the hill, I say hi, she says hi, I tell her there are a couple rifles in the hunting stand and she stops talking and just dances around so I get bored and say see ya have fun and head north and she follows me. Gets closer and doesn't know I see her with my look back, runs the last few steps and whips out her fireaxe  and I do a 180 and fast run and then spin around and blam blam blam. I never heard a woman character make the I'm dead sound, till tonight. Every single piece of nothing she had was ruined, silly me and my panic shooting. Did the hide body and nothing happened. I was overheating badly so I went into some bushes about a mile away and went prone and that didn't help. It kept saying I am warming up rapidly. Guess when I get back on I should find a pond and take a bath. Since the servers are bouncing around, I am only going to deal with what I can carry I guess. Limits what I can try out and play with and test out. I'm still in serious survival mode, getting into a water pump and sitting there drinking, seems like suicide at this point. I just finally got healthy status on 3rd person, I wonder if I am HOT cause I am sick? I fought 4 zombies at once with a shovel because of the lag and was bitten several times. I don't believe my gear took any damage at all during that frenzy. I think I am in Zelenogorsk, there are several military buildings here and sadly empty except for a 7 packs of .45.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Played with Gary, Dudester, Brooks, IMT, and Emu, a bit earlier.

Wow, you managed to get on same server???

and Lada had all doors??

3 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

snip

After driving to pick up Gary, I logged out.

You should be glad you logged out. A while after you logged off and GaryWalnuts and Emuthreat almost met up with us shit went south. Gary saw a person (wearing only black and red armband) and manage to shake him off. Shortly after I heared AK shots and Emuthreat said he was dead. He managed to hit him though but it wasn't enough to kill him.

Because I didn't know the area at the Kamensk mine it was very hectic for me as I tried to move up to shoot this KOS bandit. When closing up to the mine building I saw someone running which was not one of ours. I went even closer and when I had a good view over the area I went prone in a tree. I noticed Brooks in the treeline opposite of the road. Suddenly two guys came in the exact same tree and didn't even see me, are you serious?! One was indeed the black clothed person and one had a Pautrev Gorka Pants (could only see their pants because I was prone). Suddenly the person in black shot his silenced AK and Brook said he was hit and was unconscious. After that, the person with the Pautrev Gorka Pants went away and I didn't hesitate one second. I raised my gun and clicked a few times and unloaded 4 SKS rounds into the person in black, he fell down and was dead, finally some justice! I immediately stood up and rushed out because the other person was still close and I was sitting ducks there. I went to the same location were Brooks is and after a small time of hesitation I was moving up to bandage but as I was on my way he died.

Since Dudester100 only had a pistol and had the only Sparkplug he was hiding in a tree so it was up to Gary and me to take out the other person. After Brooks died I would go to higher ground where I would have a good overview and an advantage. But boy it was the worst flanking attempt ever because I ended up looking at the two firefighter buildings at the Kamensk military base which I thought were the mine buildings.

Gary actually was so trembling in fear he decided to jump off a rock to commit suicide. Sorry bro, you have to admit it was a bit funny haha. So only me and Dudester was left and we decided to leave and not risk our lives as well.

Jokes on them by the way because I met up with Emuthreat and Dudester met up with Brooks under an hour. Only Gary was still far away I believe. After I met up with Emuthreat and gave him a Frying Pan, I logged off.

On my earlier session with GaryWalnuts I also made a video of a bug with a crashsite. I also made a video of vehicle desync and will upload and report both of them soon! I'll try to make a video if I don't forget to press the record button when such encounters happen again.

By the way Emuthreat, did the Frying Pan work?

2 hours ago, igor-vk said:

Wow, you managed to get on same server???

and Lada had all doors??

To be honest, the last couple of days we played with each other almost all the time. We were with 6 I believe on the same server yesterday.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 6

15 minutes ago, IMT said:

By the way Emuthreat, did the Frying Pan work?

Funny thing about that frying pan...

When I got back up to Sverograd to meet Brooks, the server went down again, and when I cam back, I was Naked and afraid in Sverograd.  BTW, that hut you logged out in had a hunting backpack in it when I got back into the server.  If I hadn't have carried it up to Sverograd in my hands for Brooks, I would have had absolutely nothing when I logged back in naked.

I did manage to test one I found later, but I don't know if I did it wrong.  I noticed it wasn't heating up very fast, and accidentally put it in the cargo space of the fireplace, and it ruined immediately.  Gonna have to give it another go.

• Like 2

I havent been able to get in yet .. 
Can anyone tell me if the dual core issue has been resolved ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IMT said:

To be honest, the last couple of days we played with each other almost all the time. We were with 6 I believe on the same server yesterday.

Only maneged to get in server for 2 or 3 seconds  :(

I really like playing experimental but its imposible now.

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

Funny thing about that frying pan...

When I got back up to Sverograd to meet Brooks, the server went down again, and when I cam back, I was Naked and afraid in Sverograd.  BTW, that hut you logged out in had a hunting backpack in it when I got back into the server.  If I hadn't have carried it up to Sverograd in my hands for Brooks, I would have had absolutely nothing when I logged back in naked.

I did manage to test one I found later, but I don't know if I did it wrong.  I noticed it wasn't heating up very fast, and accidentally put it in the cargo space of the fireplace, and it ruined immediately.  Gonna have to give it another go.

I think you just found a bug for me. I had a backpack in my hands as well at a restart once and when I got in I was naked and afraid in Stary Yar. So it seems that backpacks in your hands at server restart will delete your gear and everything in the backpack so the only thing you have will be the backpack. Going to add that one to  my list.

I might have a go with the Frying Pan then and see if I can get it to work. Might do some fishing for that, haven't done that yet in this build which is rare haha.

20 minutes ago, igor-vk said:

Only maneged to get in server for 2 or 3 seconds  :(

I really like playing experimental but its imposible now.

Lately I had very few problems getting in a server. I think a maximum of 15 minutes of trying each time. After I get in I play long sessions and when the server restarts or crashes I get in immediately as well.

Edited by IMT