SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

At this stage I just give connecting 5 minutes each day and if it doesn't work out I keep busy with something else. I was lucky and got a good taste on the first and second nights so I can wait till it calms down a bit now. 

Besides, FO4 GECK is out too now...sounds like a perfect time to get your modding practice in before DayZ comes out! :)

FPS is absolutely awesome in this patch. Been running max settings on everything and the lowest FPS I've seen was 56 in Berezino. Used to be 20 in 0.59. 

My processor is an I7-2550, so about 5 years old. GTX 970 GPU. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cgdeth said:

Got on for the first time this morning.

When you lock a door with the lock pick no icon change occurs the door is locked but the icon doesn't appear.

Sound goes out when you get inside of the V3S (non-cargo), as in there is no ambient noise, even if the door is open or closed

Drinking or Eating doesn't always make a sound.

You can spam F at wells to drink water (not sure if this is intentional)

Not intentional. I've also read that people can do the same thing at bushes/apple trees.

Playing again, especially after playing The Long Dark, I find myself really looking forward to the first iteration and development of a stamina system. Watching people dart around villages like rabbits on crack really takes me out of the game in a jarring way. 0.60 is really nice though and a great step toward what will be a better and better game over the coming months.

Edited by ebrim
  • Like 3

7 are up - out of 24. I hope this becomes a priority for the development team soon. It's worrying that they crash a few hours an hour. 

3 minutes ago, chrhein said:

7 are up - out of 24. I hope this becomes a priority for the development team soon. It's worrying that they crash a few hours an hour. 

The servers repeatedly crashing helps the developers find out what's causing the crashes so they can fix it which is a good thing as  part of what was previously stated. Does it suck? Sure, but if it helps them in any way then it will be worth it in the end.

• Like 2

is it only me and my rig or is there an massive difference of FPS in 1st and 3rd view servers ?

same place in cherno gives 40fps in 3rd and 20fps in 1st.

Time to call fox mulder..... 

17 minutes ago, wasnu said:

is it only me and my rig or is there an massive difference of FPS in 1st and 3rd view servers ?

same place in cherno gives 40fps in 3rd and 20fps in 1st.

Time to call fox mulder..... 

Depends on the amount of fog or rain I've noticed, also on the particular server.

• Like 1

I finally saw rain on a server in SNG 0-2 i also got to visit the new altar radio station which looks really cool.

117D639474257770EB72720C8B82B68CD15B9DF8

FB9B9E78F597A2006263CFD8FD71DBE15E0619FC

E837315A1DD5D70977CBF6E1068D926DBCB9F2B9

• Like 7

Impossible to get in, spammed the browser for an hour on two separate occasions. The most anticipated patch in the games history and we 1800 slots for and unimaginable number of players. 

I just got in and my C and X keys are gone, I look in config and crouch and stand are blank and it won't let me program them. In windows my keys work fine. I can't find any other keys that don't work. Looks like I am going to have to log out ack and reinstall or something drastic. F keys all work, raise hand, flip off, sit etc..doesn't change ,my problem.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bakermensch said:

Impossible to get in, spammed the browser for an hour on two separate occasions. The most anticipated patch in the games history and we 1800 slots for and unimaginable number of players. 

SURE?

after 30 pages, your are the first that mentionet that. 

How could this be overlooked.....

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Excanto said:

I just got in and my C and X keys are gone, I look in config and crouch and stand are blank and it won't let me program them. In windows my keys work fine. I can't find any other keys that don't work. Looks like I am going to have to log out ack and reinstall or something drastic. F keys all work, raise hand, flip off, sit etc..doesn't change ,my problem.

Hit default. You will have to reset your vid settings but it should reset your keys.

20 minutes ago, QUAZIMOFO said:

Hit default. You will have to reset your vid settings but it should reset your keys.

Nothing, reloaded presets, nothing.

Anybody knows if pitched tents are just despawning fast (1-2 days) or if servers are getting just often wiped? My tent at UK 7 was gone after 2 days and it was pretty good "hidden".

Edited by Sharplooter

PLEASE get more servers online!!! They're all full and it seems players are not leaving somehow...

10 minutes ago, DanielNL said:

PLEASE get more servers online!!! They're all full and it seems players are not leaving somehow...

"lol no."

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, DanielNL said:

They need to have minimal servers so they can stress test them. Experimental isnt for people to play and enjoy the game, its for TESTING and so the devs to find what needs fixing. When it hits stable thats when its playtime. Just be glad it got released to experimental at all. Its one step closer to being on stable.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DanielNL said:

Why would you make an account to complain?

I made my account when .60 dropped so i could actually contribute even if its only a little bit to bug fixing, because I want .60 to be amazing when it comes to stable.

3 hours ago, Excanto said:

Nothing, reloaded presets, nothing.

Sorry that was all I had for suggestions. :(

Unless you can change them in your .cfg files

So I ran into some player at Kamy, we were both fresh spawns. I was just running west and he starts spewing some vile crap, telling me to go back to stable, calling me f@ggot, ni@@er, etc, to come back and 'fight him like a man', not that he has any clue what it is to be a man, obviously. So I turn around and give him what for and knocked him out. I was streaming this and recording, but all I got was a white screen sadly. Twitch/OBS have been sketchy with the new patch. Anyway when I checked his pulse I was hoping to have video proof of who this moron was. Not sure if that sort of behavior in game is tolerated if it is grounds for someone getting banned or suspended from playing. I wish but not likely I'm sure. 'People' like that don't deserve to breathe the same air we breathe let alone enjoy this game. I won't name and shame, I know its against the rules, but mostly also because I don't have video proof.

I'm not new to online gaming, I know there are many players like that one. But it just never ceases to surprise me when I come across someone like that. It's profoundly sad that there are actually people like that. How does someone actually get like that? Bad parents? Horrific mental illness? Brain injury?

Edited by QUAZIMOFO
  • Like 4

58 minutes ago, cgdeth said:

Why would you make an account to complain?

I made my account when .60 dropped so i could actually contribute even if its only a little bit to bug fixing, because I want .60 to be amazing when it comes to stable.

Actually I had this account before already...

So I tried deleting the cfg files, nothing. Problem solved by reinstall. Played for about an hour in 3rd person. Found some boots and couldn't swap them with my tennis shoes, took off my tennis shoes and got stuck barefoot cause they vanished and still couldn't get the boots on. Crawled around prone and nothing. Then I tried putting the boots into my hands and they popped into my hands and then popped onto my feet by themselves. Still no bottles or canteens. Time for some food and then maybe later I will try to find an oak tree.

1 hour ago, DanielNL said:

Actually I had this account before already...

"Joined two hours ago" has "2" posts. Dude don't lie when the info is right there.

18 hours ago, emuthreat said:

I was having trouble finding ammo for my CR527, and after three days of looting around, I decided to go back to NWAF and look for some; I had been chased away by gunfire from two different sources the first time I peeked-in looking for 7.62x39 rounds on Thursday.

I'm not sure how often you actually play DayZ, but in my experience, when a person runs directly to your position at the NWAF, they fully and completely intend to kill you.  The immediacy with which he delivered the shotgun blasts corroborates my suspicions.  Notice my stash of cooked chicken?  That's totally my KOS loadout. 

Don't you ever get tired of trolling?  Feeling the urge to contribute, but can't be troubled to produce anything of value?  If you manage to get into a server, drop me a line; I'll do my best to supply you with something healthy to eat--definitely not a bag of dicks, I promise...canstock3064755.jpg

I just have to say not everyone running towards you is intent on trying to kill you. I've ran towards quite a few people intending to talk and have been greeted with such, but I've also had bad apples run towards me with an intent on killing me.