SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

Ok tough time getting in today but did and played for about an hour. Suddenly my right mouse button stopped bringing the rifle scope up to my eye and got stuck doing view zoom. I recall this problem a few updates ago but can't recall if there was a fix. So I went into some bushes and crouched to mess with that and I couldn't stand back up. I went prone and then was stuck prone. I could move forward and backwards and turn but stuck prone. I popped out and opened open office writer and my keyboard was still working lol. No scope, no running gasp....logout.

1 minute ago, Excanto said:

Ok tough time getting in today but did and played for about an hour. Suddenly my right mouse button stopped bringing the rifle scope up to my eye and got stuck doing view zoom. I recall this problem a few updates ago but can't recall if there was a fix. So I went into some bushes and crouched to mess with that and I couldn't stand back up. I went prone and then was stuck prone. I could move forward and backwards and turn but stuck prone. I popped out and opened open office writer and my keyboard was still working lol. No scope, no running gasp....logout.

Please tell me that you tried the "F" keys to force an animation, before you logged out.  I've heard that it will fix stuck hands slot.

• Like 1

Player based DDoS for #1 super best stress test login data!

I decided to play around 9 and played almost uninterrupted until nearly 2am.

First try, I joined instantly!  :P

But instead of near a police station as a fresh spawn where the server had crashed me out yesterday, I was Naked and Afraid in Vybor! XP

This is maybe my favorite bug as you have absolutely nothing and have to loot for the bare essentials instantly. Finding clothes (except for pants), guns, and ammo that didn't match, eventually I went North to Myshkino tents. Here I found a military tent in the middle with a pristine Scorpion and an spare pristine mag. The base was well picked through and there weren't any high end mags to go with the rifles around so I beat it out there to the South East.

Looting in a SE>NE arc it eventually landed me within a short distance of where Dudester, Gary, and GirthBrooks were and we all met up.

I had come across a near complete Lada and hoped we could grab it for a spin as Brooks had the tire repair we needed to get it running. Brooks led us back to Pustoshka where I had found the Lada, and on the way we stopped to eat and loot a little and I heard shifting. Once in Pustoshka a player was spotted just when I was trying to clear the town to find the car and we got side tracked making sure he didn't try to snipe someone.

I now believe the shifting I heard was someone beating us to that Lada.

We cut some paths to military locations, again without much found there of value, a couple crash sites didn't offer much either. Some players were spotted but avoided easily.

All in all, a mostly uneventful session with only a few infected killed.

Swapping items in a childs briefcase, when I dropped an item in at the same time as someone else it crashed my game.

Here are a few shots from the evening.

HEY DEVS ~ Enfusion is super sexy!!! Thank you, you beastly nerds, you!

Spoiler

mG9CnBi.jpg

hAHZN9B.jpg

^Infected caught on a map element. It could not path around the steps. When I got up close on the level around his head he swung at me which freed him and he popped up right in front of me.

cCfW9pO.jpg

Run like hell, boys.

4LkL138.jpg

D5CiLEM.jpg

hWwztTR.jpg

^Chernarussian mud bath, good for hyperthermia, and clears your pores too!

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Jerrico said:

Who the hell is in charge with the server management? approx 25 official public servers in AU with about 30 players scattered across them..

"Who the hell is in charge with the server management?"  = Ah, so you haven't worked that out yet?  
Read around the blog to find out (a clue is  "the answer is not far away") .

Approx 25 official public servers isn't enough for you?  Man, you are going to be pissed when the experimental patch is released to Stable
You bought DayZ to play DayZ  I guess? -  but with only 25 public servers available you won't be able to play at all. 

You ought to think about hiring your own server and going Private.  - It's a solution.

0.60 was released on Wednesday.

I tried to get into any of the experimental servers since then, spent each day around 1-3 hours trying to get into servers. Game still like: nah

But i found some bugs in the server browser, which is nice I think?

nGcJAuvQxLU

2 hours ago, emuthreat said:

KOS begets KOS.  All it takes is one bad apple,

Wow - you look like that, you shoot first, you walk around with your inventory open in the dark, and only one dude shot back at you ?
You are the "bad apple" you"re talking about, right?

xxP

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

nGcJAuvQxLU

Wow - you look like that in the dark and only one dude shot at you ?
You are the "bad apple" you"re talking about,right?

xxP

I was having trouble finding ammo for my CR527, and after three days of looting around, I decided to go back to NWAF and look for some; I had been chased away by gunfire from two different sources the first time I peeked-in looking for 7.62x39 rounds on Thursday.

I'm not sure how often you actually play DayZ, but in my experience, when a person runs directly to your position at the NWAF, they fully and completely intend to kill you.  The immediacy with which he delivered the shotgun blasts corroborates my suspicions.  Notice my stash of cooked chicken?  That's totally my KOS loadout. 

Don't you ever get tired of trolling?  Feeling the urge to contribute, but can't be troubled to produce anything of value?  If you manage to get into a server, drop me a line; I'll do my best to supply you with something healthy to eat--definitely not a bag of dicks, I promise...canstock3064755.jpg

Edited by emuthreat

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

I'm not sure how often you actually play DayZ,

Don't you ever get tired of trolling? 

bag of dicks //.. etc

Was a JOKE emuthreat

I play Stable anytime I have time (easy to log in) - then in the mornings I come over to the forum and laugh at all the dudes who are already into another Bad Day
Ya know - they kick the cat and spill coffee in their laps, or they're hungover, and they write to complain to BI - the dudes who are loosing it totally.

They cheer me up.
Then I read through the bug reports and look at the photos.

Sorry I laughed at your video, it made me laugh because I thought it was funny
I didn't realise you were serious.

Was a JOKE emuthreat.

[edit:]

oops - when you say :
"Notice my stash of cooked chicken?  That's totally my KOS loadout."

You meant -  searching for ammo in NWAF at night in a Gasmask and mil gear with your loaded FAL, a CR+silencer and an automatic+spotlight, are nothing to do with KOS.  Sorry I misunderstood. NWAF is usually pretty quiet on a 40/40. You expected to throw chicken nuggets at any dude you might meet by chance and say "hello friend have a chicken nugget" but you didn't have time.

(that was a JOKE too, emuthreat - p.s. what's with the bag of dicks?)

xx

Edited by pilgrim*

Me too.  I figured the stock photo of fingers crossed would have made clear that it was all fun and games.  The original post was serious, though.  Some staunchly pacifist players have now been begrudgingly taking a more aggressive policy in order to survive this patch.

39 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

Me too.  I figured the stock photo of fingers crossed would have made clear that it was all fun and games.  The original post was serious, though.  Some staunchly pacifist players have now been begrudgingly taking a more aggressive policy in order to survive this patch.

We ARE talking about 0.59 right? - that is the current patch.

Seriously - a lot of players want to get on Experimental to try out their rigs.
And others want to get on because the usual 40/40 Stable servers are still full, and they want to play 40/40 (loot kos and goof).

By far most players are on 0.59.  But now they're  getting confused - they're picking up an idea that Experimental is the "real game". They don't get what a total MESS it would be if a first iteration test was put out worldwide. They have this feeling they're missing out on something that doesn't exist. So we get a lot of sick posts.

Would be great if the folk who have always been interested in experimental could go on doing what they do, on a limited number of servers, and enjoying it, and putting in reports for the good of all of us.

xx

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Please tell me that you tried the "F" keys to force an animation, before you logged out.  I've heard that it will fix stuck hands slot.

I'll try that next time it happens, thanks. It didn't matter anyway, spent all my time getting in and was out of time anyway. Real always ruins everything. Had to go do a pile of stuff that I had been putting off all morning. I popped into 3rd view tonight and oddly enough, after an hour of play, never heard a gunshot and never saw a soul.

Joined a server today seconds after a confirmed server crash/restart. Read on the server messages that it restarts every 12 hours. Played for about 2 hrs before server crashed/restarted again. Obviously the servers are not exactly top-notch. I think it's understandable they have so few servers up when they are as unreliable as they are. However I can't wait for this patch to go to stable. It can't even be compared to previous patches. Tons of people still on the coast, but meh :/ I even saw a bunch of freakin suicide glitchers' bodies... like really? You're gonna suicide for your little PvP spawn in an EXP server? I have no words...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jerrico said:

1hr and 15mins of trying to connect...

So infuriating

I'm getting in without too much trouble. Hovering the mouse where the button is and just hitting enter and when it says joining I count to ten and start hitting enter and the button comes up saying couldn't join blah blah and I am tapping enter and it goes back to joining game and I relax and count to 10. When it says full and pops right back up, I am just tapping enter until I see the joining game again. Luckily my TV is in line of sight of my computer chair so I just barely watch the computer screen and watch and episode of Big Bang or The 100 etc so I don't get too frustrated.

It almost seems like the game is more fun when you have nothing. I ran and ran and ended up at a military base and ran around with nothing like I was on drugs and scared of nothing. I ran out in the middle and ran in circles and laughed and waited for death since I was pretty sure I was about to starve to death, but death did not come for me. I ran through the empty tents and found 1 can of damaged peaches and ate and could almost taste them. I grabbed every piece of gear I could find and made it to the water pump and drank as if it were champagne. The zombies were all gone, so my stone knife stayed sharp and my couple of bandages stayed clean. There was ruined gear everywhere. The signs of a major fight were at every turn. Most of the death seemed to be inside tents as if someone ran to the entrance of the tent and opened fire inside at someone looting something nice. I had nothing nice so I really didn't care and it made me feel very calm and I really felt like I was having more fun then when I am fully loaded with great gear and worried at every turn.  Running from bush to bush gets very tiresome. I really would like to be able to bury my gear where it can not be taken, so I could go on a suicide romp through towns with minimal survival gear. I would probably do a couple cans of food, 1 canteen, pumpkin seeds, a stone knife, a shovel for fighting and a bunch of bandages and I could cruise the map with no fear of being shot, knowing I could just limp back to my buried stash. Once I get a bottle or canteen, I will be able to settle down and do some serious testing. Right now I am just trying to survive.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Excanto said:

I'm getting in without too much trouble.

I think that people with good rigs can get in a lot easier (salt), even if I spam enter like you said I think I just cant get into the loading screen fast enough. Meanwhile others get in relatively fast. That's something that can't be fixed unless I upgrade my rig.

Waiting for the stable patch, I don't want to break my enter key.

Don't know how you guys even see the servers, I can only see those 2 test servers. I've removed the launch options, unticked the password and full brackets etc.

1 hour ago, benedictus said:

I think that people with good rigs can get in a lot easier (salt), even if I spam enter like you said I think I just cant get into the loading screen fast enough. Meanwhile others get in relatively fast. That's something that can't be fixed unless I upgrade my rig.

Waiting for the stable patch, I don't want to break my enter key.

I have a pretty high end rig (i7-6700 @ 3.4 GHz, 3200 GB DDR4-2400MHz, 2 x 6GB Geforce GTX980 TI, loads of power and plenty of fans and cooling), and I haven't even gotten a sniff of .60.  Granted, I only try for around 10 minutes and then quit.  Just saying I'm not sure a higher end rig is the tiebreaker.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bonappetit said:

Don't know how you guys even see the servers, I can only see those 2 test servers. I've removed the launch options, unticked the password and full brackets etc.

Make sure full servers IS TICKED, otherwise it will not show any of the experimental servers (except for the test servers ) because they are constantly full . So keep passworded unticked , and full server option ticked , also keep your ping at either a high number (over 500) or like some people do , set it to 0 so all pings can be found .

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thurman Merman said:

Granted, I only try for around 10 minutes and then quit.  Just saying I'm not sure a higher end rig is the tiebreaker.

You could be right but then again 10 minutes is not that long like you said. No matter what rig, there will be hundreds of players trying to connect at the same time and by logic the ones with slower rigs will be the first ones to fall from the queue.

1 hour ago, Excanto said:

It almost seems like the game is more fun when you have nothing. I ran and ran and ended up at a military base and ran around with nothing like I was on drugs and scared of nothing. I ran out in the middle and ran in circles and laughed and waited for death since I was pretty sure I was about to starve to death, but death did not come for me. I ran through the empty tents and found 1 can of damaged peaches and ate and could almost taste them. I grabbed every piece of gear I could find and made it to the water pump and drank as if it were champagne. The zombies were all gone, so my stone knife stayed sharp and my couple of bandages stayed clean. There was ruined gear everywhere. The signs of a major fight were at every turn. Most of the death seemed to be inside tents as if someone ran to the entrance of the tent and opened fire inside at someone looting something nice. I had nothing nice so I really didn't care and it made me feel very calm and I really felt like I was having more fun then when I am fully loaded with great gear and worried at every turn.  Running from bush to bush gets very tiresome. I really would like to be able to bury my gear where it can not be taken, so I could go on a suicide romp through towns with minimal survival gear. I would probably do a couple cans of food, 1 canteen, pumpkin seeds, a stone knife, a shovel for fighting and a bunch of bandages and I could cruise the map with no fear of being shot, knowing I could just limp back to my buried stash. Once I get a bottle or canteen, I will be able to settle down and do some serious testing. Right now I am just trying to survive.

So, in .59, I spent a lot of time on the DayZ Colony US-1 server (the non-whitelisted one).  All I did was farm the ground outside of the side door of the Cherno PD.  I could not leave greater Cherno (I let myself loot the suburbs, bc otherwise, finding anything useful was really rough).  If I died, I had to run straight back.  

I met a lot of people and had regular bands coming by to try and murder me.  Once a girl came by and gave me a Mosin with 6 rounds - I felt like it was Christmas.  If I had a press vest, ice axe and a pistol, I was in high cotton.  There is definitely something magical to having nothing to worry about.  I remember once on .58 or .59 EXP, someone robbed the camp fing and I set up (several tents, about a dozen barrels, 4 trucks, multiple copies of every high end item).  It felt a bit like getting sucker punched.

• Like 3

Had a great time playing yesterday, went up to the Tisy mil base alone and stopped in a deer hut beforehand to cool off from my overheating.  I was calmly drinking a nota cola when I heard footsteps sprinting around me, it sounded like a herd...  I tried cancelling the drink but I was a second too late.  As one entered with his AK drawn the bullets were flying and my hotbar didn't respond so all I could do was get on the mic and say "hey! whoa! whoa! I'm not looking for trouble out here! I'm not gonna pull my gun out!"  To my absolute amazement I didn't get hit by one bullet.

Kind of like Divine Intervention

AND the fire stopped and the guy backed off! I went outside and they had their guns drawn on me. The situation quickly defused and we talked and traded some gear.  They said that other players were taking some snipe shots at them and they thought it was me.  Somehow I survived that one and they offered me some gear too!  Dudester always says I'm just lucky, I'm starting to believe it.

After that episode I met up with Dudester in the new farm town north of new Tisy base and we went and caught up with Girth Brooks and then Biohaze near Severograd.    

Where Dudester and I saw this interesting sequence

This bad-ass doesn't cross the road, he owns the road.

tbLu0pl.jpg

Look st this swag. 

yb8aFez.jpg

HGrxC3d.jpg

pXKd5CN.jpg

He just leapt right over the fence!  I believe his plan was to go and break Dudester's legs.

After that Brooks took us on a loop towards Pustoshka to find a Lada that Bio had seen but the car had either despawned or was taken by another player.  

All in all, another good run in Dayz with good company.

• Like 7

after tracking the comments here it looks like the devs werent joking about not wanting to fix stuff then push a new engine. theres alot of bugs that are regenerated by the new implementations that the devs already fixed. if they had wasted more time fixing .59 bugs then they would have taken one step forward and two steps back. hopefully the repeat bugs will be easy to wipe out and have  a hotfix out sooner than later. still waiting to play it however.

• Like 3

Got on for the first time this morning.

When you lock a door with the lock pick no icon change occurs the door is locked but the icon doesn't appear.

Sound goes out when you get inside of the V3S (non-cargo), as in there is no ambient noise, even if the door is open or closed

Drinking or Eating doesn't always make a sound.

You can spam F at wells to drink water (not sure if this is intentional)

13 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

It was letter "T" in the past, not sure if that's changed.

I didn't think select fire was part of this patch.

I would very much like to see it applied to every gun that has it.

Most full auto weapons are primarily used in a burst or single shot mode, full auto being inaccurate, wasteful, and best for suppressing fire (or hordes I guess).

I'll see if I can reproduce it again when I find a gun which has the an option of semi-automatic.

12 hours ago, mugur said:

Managed to play a lot this time. It seems that i can get in the server quite fast. I just pick one with lower than 40 ping and i get lucky fast enough.

I've met IMT. Great guy. Thank you for the drinks and for not shooting me. Hope to meet you again. I like people that talk first and shot after.

Well, I said I wouldn't should anyone who wasn't carrying their gun unless I feel threatened. You didn't make any moves or anything else to make me feel threatened. Was actually nice to encounter someone from the forums at a random encounter. And no problem for the drinks.

I do have another question though, I met a guy in Nagornoe a while before I met you. The person didn't talk and because you couldn't talk yesterday I thought that was you as well.

11 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

snip

I have to admit, your post made me laugh. But yes, we are actually giving useful information to the developers. They now see that a login queue is necessary for future builds and that is getting implemented.

9 hours ago, emuthreat said:

KOS begets KOS.  All it takes is one bad apple, and every reasonable person killed will decide to kill on sight to protect themselves.

I tried last night, but my self-defense preemption got lost in the wires.

Hidden Content

Sorry for the uber-darkness, shadow play still has issues at night.

Exactly the same happened to me. I sat in the bathroom of a barrack, a player came in and I immediately unleashed my M4 on him (all were chest shots). But he still managed to pull of a shot after he died. How is that even possible I ask myself. I know he's there and he didn't know I was there so that's advantage one. I had my gun ready and he didn't, advantage two. I had a full automatic M4A1 which fires roughly 12 rounds per second (according to Wobo's guide), advantage three. In fact he should be dead before firing a single shot but still he managed to get a shot in just like in your video.

6 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

snip

Shifting of gears is actually bugged. I heared someone shifting gears which was at the NEAF and I was quite a long distance away from it. I tested it and I could hear the shifting at least 800 meters away from the car. I believe it was a V3S but not sure because I was quite far away and only could see like a big pixel block.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 7