SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

12 minutes ago, Tatanko said:

Finally had the chance to get an extended session in this morning. Spent the entire time running around Elektro and Cherno. Pictures can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/IiWEX

My FPS has been nothing short of awesome, and the map changes really round out what is already a fantastic new feeling for the game.

As always awesome pictures Tatanko!

• Like 2

The fog is definitely adding to the depth of the graphics, and when I saw lightning for the first time I just stood there for a while, jaw dropping, slowly starting to drool in the face of the awesomeness. Thinking how this is only the first iteration, it will be amazing once tehy're all done!

I did note some weird lines in trees during day time though, which took a bit away from immersion, but I am sure it's gonna get fixed eventually. I am so happy about this whole thing. I just wish my character on 3rd person hadn't been standing bleeding in the middle of a road by Elektro.

I am quite confused about some of the changes in Elektro and Cherno, my entire orientation went out the window for quite a while. Once I hit the church in Elektro it got better but for a long time I couldn't be sure if I really was in the right city or not.

Edited by TheMeepFactor
  • Like 4

Here are my screenshots of last three days or so: http://imgur.com/a/4TJc4

When you're at low blood at the coast and it's nighttime it really looks eerie!

• Like 6

Managed to get on last night, solid frames and very stable for an exp build. Inventory works, interacting with the environment works. Mic chat seemed a bit stuttered but that could be ping on client side of the people I was talking to? Only bug I found was my trousers... Everything I put in them went back to where I picked it up from, taking them off and putting them on again fixed it. Love the new spawn system, guns with mags with 1 or 2 rounds in is a massive plus for immersion for me... And cool little military spawn in Cherno :) 

• Like 2

Russian Roulette OMG! How do you spin the chamber like that? Wish I had the patience to just get back on and spam connect for a while but it is too hot for me, and my patience would be wearing thin real fast...

3 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

You can now play russian roulette in dayZ.

I really like the dry fire animation.

Can anyone comment on whether or not full auto is bugged for the guns it applies to?

Someone said it might have been ammo condition and some form of jams that people are perceiving as a bug but I also heard someone say it was bugged.

Thoughts, experiences, science?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

You can now play Chernarussian roulette in dayZ.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

You can now play russian roulette in dayZ.

Hidden Content

Yeah Dudester100 and me already noticed it. I don't think it's fully random though. It either goes directly to the pin or one click away from the pin.

2 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Can anyone comment on whether or not full auto is bugged for the guns it applies to?

Someone said it might have been ammo condition and some form of jams that people are perceiving as a bug but I also heard someone say it was bugged.

I'm not sure but yesterday when I was at the firing range it was semi-automatic for me. But I'm not sure though because I couldn't reproduce it. What button is the switch? 

5 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I found something on Reddit that might be able to help out. Check out https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/4ia7wk/psa_060_new_reloading_mechanic_cycling_jamming/ and see if relates to the problem some people may think is a bug.

• Like 1

The spinning of the Magnum chamber is barely random and always ends at the same spot. It only changes to a different spot if it makes the sound of starting a Chainsaw for some reason. Guess you can cut wood with your Magnum now then. But the chance of getting a sound is very small.

Edit: The servers are lying by the way. It said it would restart but it didn't. Would be weird anyway because it crashed a few times in a short period of time.

I also had a nice encounter before it would restart. I saw a guy running with a Mountain backpack in his hands and I immediately tried to get out of sight as I didn't have any gun with the proper bullets for it. When I saw him run the same direction off the road I was scared he was going to put the bag down and take out a gun so I ran up to him and said "Hi". When I didn't get a response I raised my hand to say hi but no response and he wondered off. I guess that's better than getting shot.

Edited by IMT

by the way... you don't have to do all that spam clicking the connect button crap. All those videos saying you do are just bad troubleshooting...

If you try click "connect" and it doesn't work, dayz will either:
a) give you a "joining server" splash screen followed by "connection failed". or,
b) pop up saying "max players reached" or something to that effect.

If you click "connect" and it does work, it will seem like nothing happened. That means it actually worked and you just need to wait for a minute or so :) If you can click connect and it seems like nothing happens, then just sit back and wait b/c you are about to get in the server. You can impatiently spam the "connect" button during that if you want to, but the deed was already done. It takes about a minute.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rammit (DayZ) said:

by the way... you don't have to do all that spam clicking the connect button crap. All those videos saying you do are just bad troubleshooting...

If you try click "connect" and it doesn't work, dayz will either:
a) give you a "joining server" splash screen followed by "connection failed". or,
b) pop up saying "max players reached" or something to that effect.

If you click "connect" and it does work, it will seem like nothing happened. That means it actually worked and you just need to wait for a minute or so :) If you can click connect and it seems like nothing happens, then just sit back and wait b/c you are about to get in the server. You can impatiently spam the "connect" button during that if you want to, but the deed was already done. It takes about a minute.

YMMV,

I tried the first evening manually moving my mouse from "okay" to "connect" every time with no success. The second day someone mentioned hovering over the word "okay" and hitting enter, that's got me in for a few short plays. Much more than a couple minutes of diligent clicking or double tapping enter.

You are right about the messages but it may just be a typo the "joining game..." one really means "joining game...not!" not sure if anyone has reported the bugged missing punchline yet?

• Like 1

Yeah. I just press enter to connect to the server, and leave my cursor over where the popup box would be, so i can click enter on that as well... The main thing is, if you ever click connect (or hit enter, whatever) and it seems like nothing happened, then that means you are about to get in.

p.s. I've encountered 5 people so far, and all have been friendly encounters. I'm amazed :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LordBlackwolf said:

I found something on Reddit that might be able to help out. Check out https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/4ia7wk/psa_060_new_reloading_mechanic_cycling_jamming/ and see if relates to the problem some people may think is a bug.

So, I think I probably died last night because my gun jammed.

I was not sorting my ammo and likely paid the price.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IMT said:

-snip-

I'm not sure but yesterday when I was at the firing range it was semi-automatic for me. But I'm not sure though because I couldn't reproduce it. What button is the switch? 

It was letter "T" in the past, not sure if that's changed.

I didn't think select fire was part of this patch.

I would very much like to see it applied to every gun that has it.

Most full auto weapons are primarily used in a burst or single shot mode, full auto being inaccurate, wasteful, and best for suppressing fire (or hordes I guess).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TheMeepFactor said:

I've been on the forums for the past three years (Just changed my name after the move to the new forums) so yeah, I've been around, and yes, I kinda get your frustration in this matter... It would be nice if you could keep the F-Bombs down though ^^

Trust me, I don't think that the "Streamer Server" is much of a perk, that was discussed about... 4 or five pages ago I think. They're not "handing out servers". It's a business decision, and I get it but I am not overly worried.

Anyway, like I said, I understand your frustration, and yes, communication has changed quite a bit, but right now it is what it is. For now, let's take a deep breath and get through this first iteration of the new renderer. Things will change for the better, that much I believe. It's all a matter of patience and I know it can run thin sometimes.

Thanks for understanding the initial frustration, after reading Hicks statement I kinda cooled off a bit.

• Like 1

Managed to play a lot this time. It seems that i can get in the server quite fast. I just pick one with lower than 40 ping and i get lucky fast enough.

I've met IMT. Great guy. Thank you for the drinks and for not shooting me. Hope to meet you again. I like people that talk first and shot after.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, chrhein said:

Have there been any developer comment on the missing experimental servers? We started with 22, but slowly but surely we are down to 6 active servers right now. 360 people playing 0.60 experimental isn't a whole lot. And it's surely not making anyone happier. 

We can all whine about waiting times to get in - but getting the current stack of experimental servers back online should be priority 1. 

..//.. etc

Did anyone read what Hicks said in his Very Careful and Sensible Reply to  all these topics on < "My brain is full of dog-doo and I can't think right now so I'm going to shout instead" >.
He took the time. What he says makes sense. That's great (BeanZ) because most of the stuff in these topics does not.

Yep I know some folk get it - but for those who missed out:

IN FACT (here comes the truth):

The Devs are doing major <Experimental build > stress testing on the log-in systems and the server population online report feedback to gain max throughput and minimum realtime inline waiting, independent of how much a player spams the login button. This is part of development towards 0.6 Stable.

To do this they need 10000000 dudes to spam Login on "Experimental" ALL the time. They route ALL those keystrokes from the different IPs back to one singe database server that (in fact) runs a statistical analysis of Login Spam Attempts per player (this is the focus of the week's major "experiment"). They NEED this info on Login Spammers before they can begin to move to incorporate measures ready for 0.6 stable when it arrives soon.
This is for your own good and you will feel really cool when 0.6 STABLE comes out (shortly) -  on Beta and you can play it - because that's what you paid for (even if folk don't remember that while they break their fingers on the Experimental Login).

So - Because none of you paid for Experimental, and no one has any "right" to get in there - BI cant ask half a million of you you to sit and hammer your keyboard <Enter> for 5 hours a day and Spam It Non-Stop all around the world 24/24.  They would feel embarrassed. That would be asking you to do real work.
Even though you are all REAL Keen to be "testers" on the Experimental servers.

But KEEP hitting those keys because in fact you ARE helping to develop the game!  And you don't even get kicks from it - that's noble of you with all those hundreds of DayZ 0.59 wide open and waiting for you to PLAY anytime you want. - But you have your duty to do, right?  You aint just going to Play DayZ when you can HELP the devs by every one of you spamming ENTER 1000000 times day and night.
You will get your payoff in 0.6 when it arrives, and when all your Hard Work results in you ALL being able to log into 0.6 Stable really EASILY from the first hour it is released.
But, hey, it won't get released at all unless you KEEP ON SPAMMING till you break your keyboards  ... So set your alarm and start at 5 am, get in a coup of experimental test Login Spamming hours before you have to go live your life. And again when you get home. Try to sleep less.
Just WORK harder dudes.
Yo'ure NOT making it happen!!

- I vote these threads on Experimental  get the DayZ All Time Medal for Ignorance

DID anyone read what Brian Hicks said (he wrote a whole page) in his easy to understand and sensible reply to all these topics on < "My brain is STILL full of dog-doo and I can't think right now so I'm STILL going to shout instead" >. Everything he says makes sense.

go read it.

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

- I vote these threads on Experimental  get the DayZ All Time Medal for Ignorance

DID anyone read what Brian Hicks said (he wrote a whole page) in his easy to understand and sensible reply to all these topics on < "My brain is STILL full of dog-doo and I can't think right now so I'm STILL going to shout instead" >. Everything he says makes sense.

go read it.

Logic and facts are irrelevant. They're still going to stamp their feet and throw their toys out of their stroller.

After all, they ARE entitled!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, BleedoutBill said:

I noticed that you already have a strong start to the wiki changelog. You've been a busy little beaver!

As usual, your pics are awesome; thanks!

Thank you! I aim to please, of course ;)

4 hours ago, IMT said:

As always awesome pictures Tatanko!

Thanks! :)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, IMT said:

So even up north on a 1p server there are KOS bandits, watch out for them. I'm not going to take any chances at all anywhere. If feel threatened and the person is carrying his gun in the hands I will definitely kill the person. So keep your gun at your back and you will survive an encounter with me.

KOS begets KOS.  All it takes is one bad apple, and every reasonable person killed will decide to kill on sight to protect themselves.

I tried last night, but my self-defense preemption got lost in the wires.

Spoiler

I got a bit steamed about how this happened, because I heard him coming and pre-fired the door and dropped him quite fast, and then died to two shotgun blasts.  SMH

Sorry for the uber-darkness, shadow play still has issues at night.

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 3

Who the hell is in charge with the server management? approx 25 official public servers in AU with about 30 players scattered across them.. but someone thought it was adequate to have 2 exp servers feeding the whole of south east asia in singapore..

I'm a big fan of what BI are doing with DayZ but fuck me they do some stupid shit sometimes.. People want .60.. bugs and all.. it's apparently there just can't fucking connect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Jerrico