SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

Performance was a little bad with the 200% render resolution but I changed it and have gotten around 5-10 more fps in the menus, wonder how much it will affect me in game.

Just now, philbur said:

Just remember, guys....there are STILL nice guys out there as well.

If you see a guy with his primary shouldered, please remember he is probably me. :-)

(I am the ONLY one that does this...it seems)

So far I have not been KOS'd when I do this and I hope it continues.

Cheers!

To be honest he had his weapon on his shoulder when he was running around the house and wasn't aware I was there. Both Dudester10 and me had our guns out though but I thought he was gone but I think he was in the bushes somewhere. If he just spoke to us there would be no problem at all. He's lucky that all the servers are full all the time and it wasn't our regular server because I think he has a base up there. If it was our regular server I would have gone back and he had base up there I would have took his stuff, waited for him to come back and kill him.

Now I'm usually not hostile but these guys KOS bandits keep the regular experimental testers out and keeps us from testing how we always do which makes me mad.

• Like 7

its like first iteration of .59 on exp.

the pewpew croud joined and kos was "normal".

i met 5 guys (that saw me before i saw them) and all of them tried to hit me in the face while crying "you are my friend?" and countless shots out of nowhere in my direction.

so, i stay in the woods and test rabbitsnares, farming and stuff like "how far is my fire be seen"

hope it will be a bit better in some days, cause its hard to find bugs when you are under "friendly fire"

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, wasnu said:

hope it will be a bit better in some days, cause its hard to find bugs when you are under "friendly fire"

Well at some point you need to shoot people to discover the bugs related to pvp.

• Like 1

Agreed with wasnu....

I wish there could be a gathering of players that would somehow manage to mess around in a server for a few hours without the KOS or Bandit BS getting in the way.

Don't get me wrong...it is part of the game and will probably never be fully eliminated...but EXP has enough "drama" without getting dusted by Squeakers.

That's why I wonder if it might be a good idea to maybe have "closed Beta" servers when we get to that time in DayZ Development....

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, benedictus said:

Well at some point you need to shoot people to discover the bugs related to pvp.

in my feelings, PvP is tested more than enough past the last 3 days ;)

• Like 4

Just now, benedictus said:

Yes, sometimes you need to that. But it's unlikely when KOS bandits find a bug with combat they will report it. I think they will just rage and complain.

I already shot Dudester100 in his leg with my M4A1 to reproduce the bug which crashed my client and punched GaryWalnuts unconscious to see if it reproduced the bug but both it didn't. I was hit in my High cap assault vest though so at somepoint we will have to test if that specific item caused the crash. Or perhaps it was a random crash which definitely saved my life haha.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, benedictus said:

So pvp needs to be tested MORE than anything else so the call of duty rejects won't cry if there's a delay when they shoot and someone dies? Pvp seems to get the most "testing" done whenever a new patch arrives as if that's the most important thing in this game. No other bugs are being hunted by those same players if it doesn't have to do with pewpew or anything else related to KOSing.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, IMT said:

Yes, sometimes you need to that. But it's unlikely when KOS bandits find a bug with combat they will report it. I think they will just rage and complain.

I already shot Dudester100 in his leg with my M4A1 to reproduce the bug which crashed my client and punched GaryWalnuts unconscious to see if it reproduced the bug but both it didn't. I was hit in my High cap assault vest though so at somepoint we will have to test if that specific item caused the crash. Or perhaps it was a random crash which definitely saved my life haha.

If you need help testing things like that contact me on steam and I'll be happy to help out as much as possible.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, IMT said:

So....if I want to test for crashes all I need to do is find Dudester on a server and then shoot him in the leg? Cool!  ;-P

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, philbur said:

So....if I want to test for crashes all I need to do is find Dudester on a server and then shoot him in the leg? Cool!  ;-P

I take bullets in the leg in the name of experimental testing science! :P 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, LordBlackwolf said:

If you need help testing things like that contact me on steam and I'll be happy to help out as much as possible.

I'll keep it in mind. I still haven't figured out if the crash was tied to the M4A1, the ammo of the M4A1, the high cap vest or a random crash.

2 minutes ago, philbur said:

I don't think he wants to be shot randomly by a random person but you can try asking him haha.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

So pvp needs to be tested MORE than anything else.

No it doesn't need to be tested more than anything else.

6 minutes ago, philbur said:

Exactly ... just do me a favor and tell him that I sent you! Ha, Ha, Ha!!!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BleedoutBill said:

Dudester...I'm coming for you....FOR SCIENCE! HaHa!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BleedoutBill said:

To be honest, I think Dudester have been killed enough lately haha. Most of us have died like once and he already died three or four times through encounters.

• Like 4

I'm not suggesting that anyone actually kill Dudester, but I definitely don't think that he has enough lead in his diet.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BleedoutBill said:

I'm not suggesting that anyone actually kill Dudester, but I definitely don't think that he has enough lead in his diet.

Well I think GaryWalnuts still deserves his revenge at Dudester100 for being killed by him testing out bullet ricochet a great while back haha.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, philbur said:

Dudester...I'm coming for you....FOR SCIENCE! HaHa!

Oh god.... everyone wants to break my legs. 

1990s-problems

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, IMT said:

Well I think GaryWalnuts still deserves his revenge at Dudester100 for being killed by him testing out bullet ricochet a great while back haha.

With the exception of causing nasty rubberbanding for me whenever he comes near, Dudester is an alright sorta guy.

• Like 4

lol...i love you guys 

lets catch dudester ^^

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dudester100 said:

Oh god.... everyone wants to break my legs. 

1990s-problems

Everybody and their grandma seems to be gunning for you. May god have mercy on your soul or legs whichever needs it the most!

• Like 4

Finally had the chance to get an extended session in this morning. Spent the entire time running around Elektro and Cherno. Pictures can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/IiWEX

My FPS has been nothing short of awesome, and the map changes really round out what is already a fantastic new feeling for the game.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 11

2 minutes ago, Tatanko said:

Finally had the chance to get an extended session in this morning. Spent the entire time running around Elektro and Cherno. Pictures can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/IiWEX

My FPS has been nothing short of awesome, and the map changes really round out what is already a fantastic new feeling for the game.

I noticed that you already have a strong start to the wiki changelog. You've been a busy little beaver!

As usual, your pics are awesome; thanks!

• Like 3

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but it seems like DayZ's atmosphere (don't know if that's the right word but..) seems to stand out more with the new renderer vs the old one. It's almost like DayZ is starting over and becoming how it should be as since it seems to be getting scarier, imo.

• Like 7