SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

what is the draw distance on fireplaces now? is it further than it was or is it the same?

3 minutes ago, sawedoffmosin123 said:

all the damn servers wont let me in but I downloaded experimental version. this angers me what do I do

They don't call it "experimental" for nothing...

This branch is by its own definition "Unstable".

Edited by Rammit (DayZ)
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, sawedoffmosin123 said:

all the damn servers wont let me in but I downloaded experimental version. this angers me what do I do

Welcome to the community!

You want hugs to fix your anger?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Also found this on DayZTv. Here is a quick way of getting into servers so hopefully it works for everyone!

Hidden Content

I have no idea what that was lol. He doesn't explain anything. I'm clicking clicking clicking ..clicking what? I don't see his mouse cursor on anything. 

11 minutes ago, sawedoffmosin123 said:

To get into a server, you must first perform a ritual of acceptance.  The ritual can take nearly any form, but should include a chant featuring the affirmations "I understand," "moar framez plox," "enfuze my humble potato" and "imma get up in a tizzy."

The most important part of this server-slot ritual is the purifying of your keyboard settings.  Spam-on, survivor.

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, koffeekage said:

what is the draw distance on fireplaces now? is it further than it was or is it the same?

I saw a flare in a town moving around and I was at the water's edge and I would say about 500 feet away. Lots further then before when it was about 90 feet and lights would vanish.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Welcome to the community!

You want hugs to fix your anger?

Perhaps we should fill out a "Hurt Feelings" report on him?

• Like 2

Hahaha that hurt feeling report is hilarious first time seeing that... Anyway I got in for like 45 minutes, got amazing FPS and nothing messed up besides an item I dropped disappearing. I'm fine letting serious testers have at it, I have my answer, praise the smoothness! Finally my 8 core AMD CPU is working like a champ with DayZ!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Razgries said:

Hahaha that hurt feeling report is hilarious first time seeing that... Anyway I got in for like 45 minutes, got amazing FPS and nothing messed up besides an item I dropped disappearing. I'm fine letting serious testers have at it, I have my answer, praise the smoothness! Finally my 8 core AMD CPU is working like a champ with DayZ!

I was getting monster FPS in Cherno, with my i7 / GTX780, averaging between 100 and 140FPS ... in the city! I'd really like to see how my Phenom II X6 works out, but I haven't gotten back in. What kind of frame rate did you see with your FX CPU?

Edited by BleedoutBill
  • Like 1

Hmm another long run, about 1 1/2 hours. A Long Range Scope fits onto a trumpet now. You guys keep leaving that .22 cal ammo for me :-)  I cruised around the hillside snipering the infected until there was only one left inside some building and she was doing housework I guess because she didn't want to come out. It was nice to have some food and I still have no bottle or canteen. Soon as I get that I am gonna plant these pumpkin seeds. Water pump, bottle and pumpkin seeds and finally I will clean that shovel off in some dirt. Welp, Friday night, gotta go out for a little while and then more fun later.

I avoided KoS on these full servers for quite a long time but my luck ran out.

Dudester and I got cornered in Pogarevka while trying to eat in a house. We were upstairs in a yellow colored house splitting some rice when a random guy in full military gear rushes in. Dudester shot him and I drew my Aug. He cried for mercy saying he didn't know we were there. Dudester made him lay down and we allowed him to bandaged. He proclaimed that he had a group of 3 friends outside and that they were not hostile.

After some thought I decided to try to take him on his word that if we let him live, his friends would give us a pass.

Then Dudester got kicked from the server!!

Now I am alone with this guy and he asks to leave and I let him go.

My situation has turned bleak. Now my best hope is to stay covering the door and wait for Dudester to log back in.

Then the footsteps start in the grass all around the house. They try to throw a grenade through the sealed window while someone rushes the steps and I spook and fire a shot into the door. Now I speak and say that he must be a friend of the guy we let go and he denies this acting generally douchey and trying to bully me somehow with weak in-effectual speak.

After some pointless banter, I shut off my mic an they tried to grenade me once again, with 0 results.

Footsteps keep sounding on the wooden floor below, he's trying to get up the balls to attack or draw me out.

He then breaches the door, apparently expecting me in a different corner, he completely misses.

I shot him at least twice as he passed me crossing the room and trailed him with the Aug but it didn't continue to fire (apparently full auto is bugged?) and his next shots killed me.

I doubt I had any gear they needed, and we had let a buddy of theirs go, you would think if they weren't complete asshats, they might have let me go.

I respawned on the coast and ran to a nearby police station.

At the police station there another character ran up and began to talk but then, less than 5 minutes after I was killed..... THE SERVER RESTARTS!  -_-

Why couldn't it have restarted during my Mexican stand-off!

Oh well, never get attached....

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 9

The new back pack is just pure beauty! I love that we finally have "real" fishing rods, I just don't know if I'll ever use them. I am so used to crafting my own with a bone fishing hook, a real rod looks so... easy. Unless you have to find hooks and reels and line and have to collect to put it together ^^

Oh, and I am super excited about the Queue system. Imagine they gave you a "You're queued to spawn after the next 7 players" or so, counting down. And hope the server doesn't restart just as you're the next in line ^^

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BleedoutBill said:

I was getting monster FPS in Cherno, with my i7 / GTX780, averaging between 100 and 140FPS ... in the city! I'd really like to see how my Phenom II X6 works out, but I haven't gotten back in. What kind of frame rate did you see with your FX CPU?

Phenom X2 1100t 40-60 solid minimum in sverograd outskirts.

• Like 2

Has anyone tried Novomidtrovsk yet to see what the frames are? That was the one city I had to avoid for most of my DayZ-ing since it killed my everything as far as frames / graphics were concerned. So far I have not been able to test it.

I run an i7 Asus ROG Laptop with a 765M Nvidia for comparisons - and I have to remember to turn steam frame counter on again!

Thanks to the lucky people who actually get to test and report not only bugs but also report back at the forums!

Meep Meep!

Edited by TheMeepFactor

12 hours ago, steve1596 said:

Why is there no queuing system?

Because you're playing a title in development. The queue system, like many other features and tech changes are upcoming.

• Like 11

9 hours ago, koffeekage said:

It's a bit further but not much I think. I tried it with a torch. I'll upload the pics I've made...

hate me for wanting more server so i can help test it out. pure hate im here to help like ever one else so dont be such a dick

12 hours ago, ebrim said:

- My quality time ended after I made the silly mistake of throwing a torch and getting my hands slot frozen. (I should have anticipated that)

Snip

- I have a small amount of graphical glitching with trees during the day (I don't really notice it at night).
- Love day/night cycle time, feels just about right for "standard".

Oh... and can one make improvised rope anymore? Or have I just forgotten how to do it?

I had the same problem with my torch. Did you post it in the bugthread?

The graphical glitch you mentioned. Is it that you're able to look through trees? I posted a pic in the bugthread.

Makeshift rope = 2 stacks of 6 rags, worked fine for me.

I loooove the new feature, that there us loot in containers. Found a cr527 with mag, three rounds and a hunting scope! And a hunting backpack with winchesterrounds ? so damn nice!

Uhh Mp5 iron sights still not working. Good thing hip-fire crosshair is just as dependable as ever :D

2 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Because you're playing a title in development. The queue system, like many other features and tech changes are upcoming.

Finally BIS  is looking for that queue system. Nice.

Btw. DayZ feedback tracker should be opened soon? At least Arma one was open some time but there were some problems. So not too far away anymore?

Edited by St. Jimmy

1 hour ago, imunone said:

It's a bit further but not much I think. I tried it with a torch. I'll upload the pics I've made...

pictures would be appreciated.