SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

Just a quick warning before bed. You can no longer empty a gas canister and then refill it with water drink it as you will get sick and die eventually if it isn't purified.

Edited by LordBlackwolf
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

That's lame as hell! It's not like the streamers are giving BI any of the money they receive streaming.

For the cost of one crummy server, the streamers give BI a huge amount of exposure, A.K.A. advertising, precisely in an area where BI's target audience is likely to see it. This deal is MUCH better than money for BI!

• Like 1

Please Add More Experimental server they have been full for two days straight, how about giving those who have lives a chance to test drive .60 by adding more servers to help stem the demand :(

3 hours ago, TheMeepFactor said:

I actually also was completely unaware of a streaming server. It's understandable if they set one up for the reasons you mentioned above, antykain, but it would still feel like this awkward Teachers' Pet thing to use a server like that.

Even more, if every streamer had a team of say 2 - 4 people and dragged them in there with him, that one server wouldn't really give anyone an advantage anyway when it comes to trying to get in, right? You'd still be having a long time spam connecting.

Just my two cents, kinda neutral about it I guess. Anyway, I am done spam connecting for the night, I'll try again early tomorrow morning, bright eyed and bushy tailed ^^

It's advertising. What, they shouldn't advertise, until we hit 1.0? Should they buy billboards in LA, New York, London, Paris and Tokyo, instead? Do you think that would be more effective? This is a business arrangement, it's not a freebie for their friends.

2 hours ago, koffeekage said:

do zombies parkour in this build?

No, but the can jump over fences, so there's (practically) nowhere to hide now!

Ok I'm out ! I'm looking at a list of 316 servers worldwide and only 1 is .60.

How do you go about rolling back to .59 ? I want to experience the update but I also want to actually play the game and not waste my time sitting clicking a connect key for hours on end with no guarantee of a result at the end of it.

1 hour ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Just a quick warning before bed. You can no longer empty a gas canister and then refill it with water drink it as you will get sick and die eventually if it isn't purified.

Sorry you had to find out the hard way, but thanks for the tip.

1 hour ago, BadBoyBubby said:

Ok I'm out ! I'm looking at a list of 316 servers worldwide and only 1 is .60.

How do you go about rolling back to .59 ? I want to experience the update but I also want to actually play the game and not waste my time sitting clicking a connect key for hours on end with no guarantee of a result at the end of it.

The opposite of how you subscribed to Experimental - right click on the game/properties/beta and then select none.

Thanks for that, I guess I'll wait for a couple of months before I make another attempt at this. Disappointed, but that's how it is with constructing an awesome piece of work such is DayZ it will be worth the wait just hope I'm around to see it .   

1 hour ago, deadlocked669 said:

Please Add More Experimental server they have been full for two days straight, how about giving those who have lives a chance to test drive .60 by adding more servers to help stem the demand :(

For the umpteenth time, Experimental is not there for your entertainment / curiosity / amusement. It's there for an actual purpose and the devs decide how best to use that resource. When it says, "deadlocked669" on the front of the BI office building, then you can make those decisions about how the available resources are best used. Not before.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BleedoutBill said:

The opposite of how you subscribed to Experimental - right click on the game/properties/beta and then select none.

Thanks for that, I guess I'll wait for a couple of months before I make another attempt at this. Disappointed, but that's how it is with constructing an awesome piece of work such is DayZ it will be worth the wait just hope I'm around to see it .   

12 hours ago, mugur said:

what i dont under stand is that why i cant change the Render Resolution from 200 to 100 its stupid and its crushing my game

•  
Edited by RoiElla

1 hour ago, RoiElla said:

what i dont under stand is that why i cant change the Render Resolution from 200 to 100 its stupid and its crushing my game

•  

I think that has already been discussed several times. You'll need to delete your config settings and allow the game to generate new default settings.

1 hour ago, BadBoyBubby said:

It's fun, but buggy as hell at the moment. In a couple of weeks, it will be much more stable and some of the new-game-smell will have worn off.

• Like 1

Is it really going to be this full all damned weekend? Id like to get in once to at least test things out. This is really irritating.

The SVD looks nice on the new renderer in the character start screen though.

Edited by Deathlove

7 minutes ago, Deathlove said:

Is it really going to be this full all damned weekend? Id like to get in once to at least test things out. This is really irritating.

Someone said that they are stress testing the servers. I'm not sure about the state of the servers but it doesn't seem like they're reliable to stay up and running without crashing. Maybe they are running a small amount of servers right now to get stuff worked on before putting out the full amount of servers. It's weird because I'm only seeing 2 US servers and in the past exp's I saw Northeast, East, Southeast, so on so forth and now it's just a couple of Southern servers for US and a few euro servers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kohlbar said:

Someone said that they are stress testing the servers. I'm not sure about the state of the servers but it doesn't seem like they're reliable to stay up and running without crashing. Maybe they are running a small amount of servers right now to get stuff worked on before putting out the full amount of servers. It's weird because I'm only seeing 2 US servers and in the past exp's I saw Northeast, East, Southeast, so on so forth and now it's just a couple of Southern servers for US and a few euro servers.

Well its probably good this stuff gets tested now than rather than releasing servers that are going to crash hard on launch day. Iv waited this long i guess i can wait longer till things settle down. Do something productive around the house until everything is stable.

Did i miss something or are those Pants are new?

When you reach "healthy" Status, your Energized bar disappeard, don´t know if it is intended or an bug?

EDIT: The "new" forum software trolls me, sorry20160506080047oy4sc3qn97.jpg

Edited by wasnu

7 minutes ago, wasnu said:

When you reach "healthy" Status, your Energized bar disappeard, don´t know if it is intended or an bug?

Have not had this happen to me yet.  Energized status remained while having the "Healthy" status on my toon..

are the players able to move over obstacles as well as the infected do or are we currently at a disadvantage in that aspect?

Seems like I'm not missing anything because I can only play this on Sunday night. Maybe things are more calm next week :P

At least I've a little trick in my sleeve that doesn't require enter or macro spam.

1 hour ago, Deathlove said:

The SVD looks nice on the new renderer in the character start screen though.

Only you, me and 1 million other Players :-).

5 minutes ago, Inzhi said:

Third day I trying to join on any server. 

How do you try to join? With the steam queue tool? I'm asking because i picked a server and marked the "join the server as soon as a slot is available". Soon after the game started and since then i'm stuck with a blue Screen (not Windows one :-)) My question is if i only wait long enough is that going to work out?

2 minutes ago, mammut (DayZ) said:

How do you try to join? With the steam queue tool? I'm asking because i picked a server and marked the "join the server as soon as a slot is available". Soon after the game started and since then i'm stuck with a blue Screen (not Windows one :-)) My question is if i only wait long enough is that going to work out?

Everyone have blue screen who use steam queue tool, mate. I'm pushing ENTER every sec.