SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

7 minutes ago, klesh said:

Tried to get in a bunch.  Failed to connect over and over.  No thanks.

Yup, constant "connecting failed" for me, too.  One step forward, two steps back :)

Yep, constant refreshing and trying to connect but i guess its going to be awhile. Might go bike ride for a bit cause i don't think these servers are going to let up for awhile.

4 minutes ago, krisfx said:

One step forward, two steps back :)

MC Scat Kat, is that you?

paula-abdul-opposites-attract-video-01.j

Edited by klesh
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Deathlove said:

Yep, constant refreshing and trying to connect but i guess its going to be awhile. Might go bike ride for a bit cause i don't think these servers are going to let up for awhile.

It's probably safe to say that unless something dramatic happens with # of servers or slots pr. server, 0.60 experimental will not be something we can play on a regular level - but something we can be lucky to try for a few hours here and there. Demand seems to be high, which is a good thing in the long run. Now we need capacity fixed on the short one. 

This game trolls way too much! If you see a loading screen and Joining Game.. at the bottom, you're being trolled!

4 minutes ago, chrhein said:

It's probably safe to say that unless something dramatic happens with # of servers or slots pr. server, 0.60 experimental will not be something we can play on a regular level - but something we can be lucky to try for a few hours here and there. Demand seems to be high, which is a good thing in the long run. Now we need capacity fixed on the short one. 

I think everyone would prefer to play a "broken" 0.60 over a "working" 0.59. As with everything since 2012, every great step comes with a hilarious shortfall. 

Personally, I won't be going back to 0.59, so I guess it's a matter of finding another game to play while the hype dies down a bit. 

1 minute ago, krisfx said:

I think everyone would prefer to play a "broken" 0.60 over a "working" 0.59. As with everything since 2012, every great step comes with a hilarious shortfall. 

Personally, I won't be going back to 0.59, so I guess it's a matter of finding another game to play while the hype dies down a bit. 

7D2D released a massive update and iv been enjoying that thus far. 

4 minutes ago, Rep0ssi said:

keeps saying "Connection failed"

Nice first post :)

Read the last 12 pages and look in the dictionary between shit and syphilis if you want some sympathy.

*edit* The new boards are kind of growing on me, my profile pic is bigger really shows the right look to go with my shitty passive-aggressive comments. 

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 6

I read all thanks

2 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Niza primer mensaje :)

Lea las últimas 12 páginas y buscar en el diccionario entre mierda y la sífilis si quieres algo de simpatía. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

*edit* The new boards are kind of growing on me, my profile pic is bigger really shows the right look to go with my shitty passive-aggressive comments. 

lol.  You have a point there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rep0ssi said:

I read all thanks

I'm actually mildly sorry, didn't realize you were a non-English speaker and know forms of humor such as sarcasm get lost in translation.

• Like 2

Hey I have two error messages that come up when I launch Dayz rendering it unplayable.

The first says:

Engine error

ERROR: Device error: Can't set resolution

The second one says:

Dayz: Dayz.exe-Application Error

The instruction at 0x0000000000DC9446 referenced memory at

0x0000000000000000. The memory could not be written.

Click on OK to terminate the program

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, diddles-mc-muffin said:

Hey I have two error messages that come up when I launch Dayz rendering it unplayable.

The first says:

Engine error

ERROR: Device error: Can't set resolution

The second one says:

Dayz: Dayz.exe-Application Error

The instruction at 0x0000000000DC9446 referenced memory at

0x0000000000000000. The memory could not be written.

Click on OK to terminate the program

Think you're the second to report this here, there's a bug reporting thread right below this one you should post in with as much details as possible about your computer, OS, etc.

Just now, BCBasher said:

Think you're the second to report this here, there's a bug reporting thread right below this one you should post in with as much details as possible about your computer, OS, etc.

Thanks Im gonna do that now.

I connected to the server I was on last night in -10 mins.

After maybe 10-15mins I stopped in a tree to jot down some notes and got a CTD, my first.

GY9HNen.jpg

Here are the notes I stopped to write down....

We need UI opacity to either be player controlled or static.

With even 20% more gamma for night purposes the menu ends up looking very washed out.

On my monitor (42" LCD) the hotbar seems too small, and has a light blue hue which I do not prefer to the more translucent box we had. This makes it impossible for me to follow the compass in the hotbar, which I thought made up for the fact that you couldn't attach a compass to yourself, which would be easy to do in reality. Maybe a good idea would be to be able to craft a band so a person could wear the compass like a wrist watch....

I really like the current version of night as well as most of the transitions for sunrise/sunset.

The world is no longer B&W at night and interiors have differing lighting depending on windows, etc.

I still bump the gamma a little but the overall effect is so much better!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nails said:

I had the same issue earlier and I deleted my DayZ.cfg (just the DayZ one and not the user name one) and verified files and it worked just fine after that. Not sure if that's a universal fix but it did the job for me.

Thanks! For some stupid reason I only deleted my [YourName].cfg file and not any of the others. Oddly enough, I'm stuck at 150% resolution unlike everyone else I've seen (200%).

8 hours ago, imunone said:

Because of the basebuilding stuff in the game files... Especially the makeshift tent. Am I right its made out of leather and netting? Soooo it will be one of the hardest things to craft. I think a makeshift tent should be very easy to craft but it should degrade very fast. If it's that hard to craft it's nearly obsolete because it's simply to hard to get if you're able to find a mil tent and two normal tents in the same time.

There look to be two types, one made of leather and the other made from a canvas tarp. They also don't seem to require netting, it's just optional. I imagine the canvas tarp will be pretty common, and the only other items would be rope and sticks.

6 hours ago, energeticsheep said:

Ping: 1000

By the way, a value of 0 is an easier way of telling the filter "show me everything" :)

47 Mb downloading right now . Hot fix for connection failed maybe ???

Was finally able to fix the memory leaks from yesterday by manually getting a single .msi file from DirectX 11 for Windows 7. 

I was also able to log in early this morning, and have a go with the new update. Super smooth frames and very nice lighting system. Didn't have any trouble finding what I needed. Anything you drop on the ground vanish as the timer doesn't reset itself. (After 30 mins, stuff left on the ground usually vanishes, but this timer doesn't reset, so anything you had for more than 30 mins, that you drop on the ground will simply vanish.)

When switching items, try to find a backpack on the ground, or some clothes items to make some switches. The only thing I lost were apples, so I really don't mind, and I've been careful with the rest.

2l8b4uw.jpg

316uma1.jpg

2u46fs2.jpg

14cf884.jpg

• Like 6

Such a grand waste of my time ... Dayz next time , alert the forums before you drop a BS patch like this , I'm sure you told the 1,935,649,000 streamers about it before your own forums ... See you next week dayz , maybe then i can get a spot and not crash  ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, barnabus said:

From the looks of it they added more players to the servers, from 50 to 60.  Prob won't make much difference, LOL...

This should serve to crash the servers sooner, so that the devs can get more/better data.

The servers seem to be a bit flaky, but when they are good, they're damn good!

• Like 2

Maybe we should become famous streamers so we can play at all. I played all experimental updates since April 2014 and there was always empty slots on servers. I can't believe that devs don't understand our frustration with slow progress of .60. They should really change this attitude. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BCBasher said:

I'm just telling myself they need the slots filled for the game to progress and this is the best quickest way to do it. It's nothing personal because I still believe for the most part they know what they're doing.

I'd like to give a warm welcome to the community to all the 1-100 post posters who made an appearance to tell the devs how experimental is supposed to work. I was just thinking how the game didn't have enough push button get cheese trained rodents to steer this game into an instant gratification simulator like every other game on the market.

That was particularly well said!  

• Like 4

My strategy at this point is to try and stay up late for the few spots that might open by sane people going to bed. I will find my way in!

Still, it´s nice to see that aside from demand far outstripping quantity, the update is delivering a good experience in terms of frames among other things.

(in the meantime I'm loving The Long Dark)

Edited by ebrim
  • Like 2