SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

31 minutes ago, Jordancsmith said:

Im trying to join a server but it just says connecting failed every time i try to join an experimental server, even if there is plenty of spaces. Any ideas??

Get the same thing.  Join a full server to get server full message, but it fails to connect.

5 minutes ago, atomquark said:

Get the same thing.  Join a full server to get server full message, but it fails to connect.

I'm not convinced that the server menu is getting updated properly ... certainly not in real time. I was able to log onto a server that showed full, while I was refused on servers that supposedly had open slots. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

BI do not NEED or WANT 100000 players on their EXPERIMENTAL servers - why is that difficult to understand?
Game version 0.6 is NOT released yet.

I get where your coming from Pilgrim. How can they expect to get any experimenting done with hundreds of squeakers running around KOS'ing everything they see. Experimental servers shouldn't be for mass game play. I think they should whitelist (if it could be done) half the experimental servers so real testing can be performed. 

Does anyone know if the bug tracker is back up?

• Like 3

1.8 gigs down.  I'm only 18 seconds away form the frustration of not being able to join a server.  :giddy:!!!

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

1.8 gigs down.  I'm only 18 seconds away form the frustration of not being able to join a server.  :giddy:!!!

gr8 to see u back, m8! :)

I will wait until all the kids are in bed I guess - no hurry. 

Edited by ori42

2 hours ago, marauderpirate said:

http://i.imgur.com/VU801Yl.jpg

so my game has been like this for ages I thought it was a .59 thing that would have been fixed after the 2g update but it is not,

any ideas to fix, outside of a real install because that will literally take me 20 hours to redownlaod DayZ standalone. 

http://imgur.com/VU801Yl

thanks 

MarauderPirate

Delete launcher options

50 minutes ago, Judged_Guitly said:

I get where your coming from Pilgrim. How can they expect to get any experimenting done with hundreds of squeakers running around KOS'ing everything they see. Experimental servers shouldn't be for mass game play. I think they should whitelist (if it could be done) half the experimental servers so real testing can be performed. 

Does anyone know if the bug tracker is back up?

Use the link in the first post by Moss.

And thank you for understanding that having a million players in this first iteration of 0.60 is just a waste of time and resources.

Patience and you will prosper!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jordancsmith said:

After 30 minutes of trying to get on a server, I think I will leave it there for tonight...

I'm giving up after 20.  But, I can say that the new server list interface is clunky and annoying.  :D

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, igor-vk said:

how many servers rest of you see?? I see only 20.

I think I was seeing 22.  But had ping set around 250-300.

So I can only find one server running .60, and it doesn't seem to be an official Exp server. It's named "The Test" and is passworded with 0 players on. No matter what I've tried, I cannot seem to be able to find an experimental server. I've tried Filtering to "Exp", "Experimental", having no Host filter applied; I've tried toggling the Password option time and time again, but nothing works. Any help would be appreciated.

16 minutes ago, Zyriun said:

So I can only find one server running .60, and it doesn't seem to be an official Exp server. It's named "The Test" and is passworded with 0 players on. No matter what I've tried, I cannot seem to be able to find an experimental server. I've tried Filtering to "Exp", "Experimental", having no Host filter applied; I've tried toggling the Password option time and time again, but nothing works. Any help would be appreciated.

Go back a few pages and someone mentioned how to clear your filters via a file in notepad, if that doesn't work it could be any other early access gremlin.

7 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Go back a few pages and someone mentioned how to clear your filters via a file in notepad, if that doesn't work it could be any other early access gremlin.

Well, I checked all of that, was how it should be, and I'm still suffering from lack of .60. Can someone call my doctor ;-;

56 minutes ago, igor-vk said:

Us se 1&2 de 1 sometimes and two the test servers if I don't filter for "experimental". 

1 hour ago, igor-vk said:

I am consistently seeing 21 experimental servers.

15 minutes ago, Zyriun said:

Well, I checked all of that, was how it should be, and I'm still suffering from lack of .60. Can someone call my doctor ;-;

Try setting the ping to something like 300 or even 1000 and see if it changes.

I usually set ping at 400 - I have had some issues with correct ping to a server before. 

Dynamic events are working indeed, but I only found food.. Maybe it was already looted, but I doubt it! :)

2vcxl4j.jpg

ogwj9x.jpg

Edited by ori42
  • Like 2

20160504213020_1.jpg

20160504212920_1.jpg

20160504212738_1.jpg

20160504212743_1.jpg

20160504212352_1.jpg

20160504211352_1.jpg

This last image shows a bug (can some1 put it on the tracker?)... Think it the moon rising but looks like the death star

20160504211419_1.jpg

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Try setting the ping to something like 300 or even 1000 and see if it changes.

Thanks, but it didnt work :(

7 hours ago, SMoss said:

-snip-

Since Feedback is broken, I'm reporting bugs that I know to you:

- Rangefinder still messed up

- Sunny day shouldn't have foggy weather ( also, whole renderer changed sunny days to sunny days with fog, please fix that )

- Pop sound when entering, exiting game

- So damn easy to see with Gamma maxed out, even easier than on old renderer's night.

- Can't drop my rendering resolution from 200% to 100% as I normally play on.

Will let you know if I find any more.

Edited by Just Caused

Finally joined after an hour. Played for a minute, froze.

My thoughts: Oh God it looks so pretty. Medium-ish settings, looks absolutely stellar. Was very close to a city, and fps didn't go below about 35 - hovered around 60 when not looking at the city. Not great, but a vast improvement considering that I used to get that on pretty much the lowest settings you can have turned even lower using the .cfg, so if I get the chance I think I'll tweak things.

On the menu I consistently got 90 to well over 100 fps, whereas before I would struggle to get 50. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Just Caused said:

Since Feedback is broken, I'm reporting bugs that I know to you:

- Rangefinder still messed up

- Sunny day shouldn't have foggy weather ( also, whole renderer changed sunny days to sunny days with fog, please fix that )

- Pop sound when entering, exiting game

- So damn easy to see with Gamma maxed out, even easier than on old renderer's night.

- Can't drop my rendering resolution from 200% to 100% as I normally play on.

Will let you know if I find any more.

Check post #1 for bug reporting procedure.