SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

Im trying to join a server but it just says connecting failed every time i try to join an experimental server, even if there is plenty of spaces. Any ideas??

1 hour ago, bingo_fuel said:

I was in a server but then the server crashed and since then all servers are full. But the fps were amazing and Pusta is all new! I also found a blaze with a hunting scope, cloths and backpacks with items in it. I like it!

Pusta is new as well? Awesome! Have you looked at Tulga yet?

1 hour ago, ori42 said:

Can u set up more experiemental servers pls? 

Add additional 20 servers on experiemental, Hicks.

..//..

I`ve tweeted for more servers - they know the interest is huge.. 

They need a lot of exp. servers. 

..//..

I see 10 experimental servers now all 50/50, comeòn Dayz, u sold milions of copies of this game!! :)

Mass interest in Experimental is going to last a week or 10 days max then go back to the normal level of interest.

You (or anyone) really don't expect BI to pay for another 30 servers, (?*?*?*)   - just so everyone can right now log in when they feel like it (and 40+ servers wouldn't be enough anyway this week). But in 2 weeks from today 10 servers will be plenty. You'll all be bored playing an experimental "buggy" game & no one will put in reports any more, except the experienced experimental players - Most will give up complaining, and everyone will drop it.

Experimental is "experimental" - that's what it's FOR - BI now have 400 players non-stop experimenting, 24 hours a day.
At the moment they don't WANT more. 400 players on line all the time, constantly replaced,  is plenty enough to get ALL the major bug reports to BI, starting from hour 1 and coming in non-stop for the next  300+ hours (ie the next 2 weeks).
So let them deal with that work. Why would they want the same bugs reported 4 times faster or the same bugs reported 4 times more often?
Do you think they don't already HAVE enough bug reports to act on this week?

You are asking them to deal with 1600 testers every day instead of 400 a day?  Be sane.

please note - You (we) have not been waiting months for <Experimental 0.6>. The 0.6 game that players want on line is NOT yet out, it is being tested. The less people who try to log in to experimental, the better and faster that process will go.
It would have been GREAT in fact if BI had issued log-in codes to the habitual testers (everyone knows who they are) - then BI would get good reports with details, no half-baked stuff, and no complaints from a bunch of 10000 players who just want to mess around but have no intention of being actually helpful.  

xxPILGRIM

Enjoy

• Like 2

Im downloading the game right now so i have to wait anyways.

4 minutes ago, Tatanko said:

Pusta is new as well? Awesome! Have you looked at Tulga yet?

Unfortunately no. The server crashed and I could not get back in when it came back up.

47 minutes ago, Woody188887 said:
47 minutes ago, Woody188887 said:

snip

i demand more!

Hello, when i start te Exp 0.60 i main menu so show me this anouncement

picture here:tmpZ8.jpg
sorry for my Bad language, im from Czechia (translator)

• Like 2

I see no fix for the "Server connection failed" error, anyone ? I see alot of people with this error but no solution yet.

3 minutes ago, Vojta231Cze said:

Hello, when i start te Exp 0.60 i main menu so show me this anouncement

picture here:tmpZ8.jpg
sorry for my Bad language, im from Czechia (translator)

Your English is fine i would have never have guessed you were from Czechia.

13 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

Mass interest in Experimental is going to last a week or 10 days max then go back to the normal level of interest.

You (or anyone) really don't expect BI to pay for another 30 servers, (?*?*?*)   - just so everyone can right now log in when they feel like it (and 40+ servers wouldn't be enough anyway this week). But in 2 weeks from today 10 servers will be plenty. You'll all be bored playing an experimental "buggy" game & no one will put in reports any more, except the experienced experimental players - Most will give up complaining, and everyone will drop it.

Experimental is "experimental" - that's what it's FOR - BI now have 400 players non-stop experimenting, 24 hours a day.
At the moment they don't WANT more. 400 players on line all the time, constantly replaced,  is plenty enough to get ALL the major bug reports to BI, starting from hour 1 and coming in non-stop for the next  300+ hours (ie the next 2 weeks).
So let them deal with that work. Why would they want the same bugs reported 4 times faster or the same bugs reported 4 times more often?
Do you think they don't already HAVE enough bug reports to act on this week?

You are asking them to deal with 1600 testers every day instead of 400 a day?  Be sane.

please note - You (we) have not been waiting months for <Experimental 0.6>. The 0.6 game that players want on line is NOT yet out, it is being tested. The less people who try to log in to experimental, the better and faster that process will go.
It would have been GREAT in fact if BI had issued log-in codes to the habitual testers (everyone knows who they are) - then BI would get good reports with details, no half-baked stuff, and no complaints from a bunch of 10000 players who just want to mess around but have no intention of being actually helpful.  

xxPILGRIM

Enjoy

They dont need to buy new servers. They could use some of the dozens of official stable servers that people dont play.

• Like 1

I played an hour short after .60 hits exp. and i have to say GREAT JOB DEVs,

it runs smooth on my 6 years old potato and i got 40 fps in cherno (while running and some infected on my back)

It feels smooth like silk, looking great and the infected looking so real with their Dresses, it´s hard to see if it is an Player or an ZED.

Thank you Devs, wonderfull job

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, BleedoutBill said:

Don't feel bad, I have NO sound!!!

Still, I would rather have in-game bugs, than no game at all.

As of now, there's no way to fix the memory leak error a few of us are getting. If there's no fix for it, and they simply asks us to move to Windows 10 or something, I'll be very disappointed. (See the "Are you disappointed by DayZ" thread.) I've never been disappointed by it, but this would be the worst case scenario.

After spending 3 hours to try and fix it, doing everything that has been recommended, and seeing no progress at all, it's all getting a bit frustrating. Maybe more than a bit...  (Insert angry face here, cause emoticons don't work on the new forums...) 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, booshwookei said:

They dont need to buy new servers. They could use some of the dozens of official stable servers that people dont play.

think it through .. (no offense bushwookei)

OK - you mean use the Public servers they DONT own - that's an interesting idea
AND you mean put Experimental straight out as the Public 0.6 release without fixing any of the bugs - that's another interesting idea
Then I guess they could put 0.59 back on Experimental for anyone who wanted to "just play DayZ" ?

BI do not NEED or WANT 100000 players on their EXPERIMENTAL servers - why is that difficult to understand?
Game version 0.6 is NOT released yet.

Edited by pilgrim*

1 hour ago, barnabus said:
8 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

AND you mean put Experimental straight out as the Public 0.6 release without fixing any of the bugs - that's another interesting idea
Then I guess they could put 0.59 back on Experimental for anyone who wanted to "just play DayZ" ?

BI do not NEED or WANT 100000 players on their EXPERIMENTAL servers - why is that difficult to understand?

No idea what u talkin about @pilgrim*  do u really think *10 50/50 servers are enough after they sold milion of copies of this game? 

Yes, I`m certain that 95% of all who test now are won`t report shit, just play for fun, right?

1% are known streamers like Sacriel on twitch are who are trying to log into a server for hours now without being successful.

I don`t even bother to click on join server for hous. 

1 hour ago, barnabus said:

23 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

Give us(community) server files i will host some server for them and you all guys for free. I just want to check out new engine in game...

Edited by KnoT

My clouds are stuck on disabled? Is everyone like this? Never mind getting into the game yet :P

1 minute ago, KnoT said:

Give us(community) server files i will host some server for them and you all guys for free. I just want to check out new engine in game...

That's not how it works...

• Like 1

Why not ? It works in Arma 3, Arma 2, CS:GO TF2 RUST, ARK....

4 minutes ago, ori42 said:

No idea what u talkin about @pilgrim*  do u really think *10 50/50 servers are enough after they sold milion of copies of this game? 

Yes, I`m certain that 95% of all who test now are won`t report shit, just play for fun, right?

1% are known streamers like Sacriel on twitch are who are trying to log into a server for hours now without being successful.

I don`t even bother to click on join server for hous. 

You forget that Exp is there for the benefit of the devs so that they can test what they want to test, when they want to test and how they want to test it. Exp has nothing to do with playing the game, although that is sometimes possible. If you don't accept that, you should stick with stable.

The devs go out of their way to ensure that stable is halfway playable (mostly crash free) so that the supporters/early adopters/crash test dummies can actually play the game.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KnoT said:

Why not ? It works in Arma 3, Arma 2, CS:GO TF2 RUST, ARK....

They won't give server files, at all. Not until we get mods, and even then, it'll be in a "controlled" format.

The experimental branch servers are for Devs only, as they acquire important data to fix issues, and overall get the game to "work" better before the patch hits stable.

That's why it doesn't work that way with the DayZ Stand Alone.

Had an hour or so play around... FPS rarely (if ever) dropped below 60fps. On the coast between Berezinho and Svetlo it was running anywhere between 110-140 fps.. Once I got into Svetlo it steadily dropped to between 65ish to 90 depending on which direction I was looking.. Silky smooth though for me at least. Didn't notice any stutters like some are reporting though I did get a couple of audio glitches.. Had a run around the city, killed a couple of infected and love the new inventory thing for infected now.. Didn't find any items on them though unfortunately. Found a Winchester with hunting scope attached on a train and a couple of Longhorns with different scopes in the tall hunting tower things. Really liking the attachment possibilities now!

Had a further run round, night time looked really nice though the UI when going into the inventory feels a bit bright in comparison to the night time and was always quite a shock to the eyes. Maybe some customisation on that in the future would be nice. But overall the new UI is awesome. Love the fact that items in have to be a lot closer to show up in your vicinity now, or at least it seemed that way. I seemed to actually have to be looking at them to see them now.

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but I found that swapping items of clothing or backpacks made the item being dropped completely disappear. Happened with a mountain backpack and a shirt I believe and I could not find them anywhere. 

Will have another go tomorrow with any luck but it seems incredible so far, a big jump forward despite the bugs! Hopefully I can go see some of the redesigned areas tomorrow and have a bit more of an explore!

5 minutes ago, BleedoutBill said:

You forget that Exp is there for the benefit of the devs so that they can test what they want to test, when they want to test and how they want to test it. Exp has nothing to do with playing the game, although that is sometimes possible. If you don't accept that, you should stick with stable.

The devs go out of their way to ensure that stable is halfway playable (mostly crash free) so that the supporters/early adopters/crash test dummies can actually play the game.

Still no idea wtf. u talking about, sry. 

okey, only use 1 server then 50/50 pw protected (invite only) to make sure to those who test play for the devs.

I`m trying hard to understand your logic, guys, but it doesn`t fucking make any sense. 

1 hour ago, odin_lowe said:

Would you care to show your system specs? 

It seems a lot of us can't even get the game to start now due to memory leaks.

Normally those leaks used to happen to everyone, but I can see some can start the game.

Never had this kind of problem before, and I have the Stand Alone since 0.28.

Hope this gets fixed before it hits stable, as it would be bye bye DayZ forever for me, and a few others...

I get the same thing, even when I join full servers.  

Pls. More slots\servers. TY!