Konfucious K

More new 0.60 Eye candy

I can't believe this is the performance they're getting from a 760 now on such settings. My 6700k/390x is going to cream all over this game.

Freaking love it guys! Keep it up!

EDIT: Removed ti, it's just a standard 760!

Edited by Konfucious K
  • Like 6

Why delay the 0.60 due to loot issue on experimental?

Anyway.. Night time looks amazing! :)

Edited by ori42

Looks good so far.

That fog of war is a nice touch.

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 1

So will the fog always be present in the coastal areas or will it clear on a sunny day?

Edit: never mind, a little later in the vid I saw it was gone, spoke too soon...

Edited by nl
watch the vid before you react

I cannot wait to get my hands all over this with my SLI Zotac 980 TI Amp Extremes. 

Once it releases, I'll do some "benchmarks" that show FPS and such all over Chernarus and post it here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ori42 said:

Nice, I'll be doing similar with mine. What CPU you running?

• Like 1

That's just awesome! I have a 760 and was really looking forward to how it would perform. Glad even with an older GPU it will get over 30 fps in towns. Hype train keep on rollin'

51 minutes ago, Konfucious K said:

Nice, I'll be doing similar with mine. What CPU you running?

kitten milk protein & vitamin D cpu :)

I`m using an Intel® i7-4820k CPU - I`ve considered to upgrade in near future. 

Edited by ori42

It performs because view distance is set to verly low by the looks of it.

5 minutes ago, Luc Tonnerre said:

It performs because view distance is set to verly low by the looks of it.

Well he did say all settings are set to maximum so that would suggest that viewing distance would be at maximum too. I'd imagine the fog effect is reducing visibility, as it should.

16 minutes ago, ori42 said:

kitten milk protein & vitamin D cpu :)

I`m using an Intel® i7-4820k CPU - I`ve considered to upgrade in near future. 

Bet she purrs like a kitten. 

Unless it's like a thing for you, that processor should last a fair few years yet.

• Like 1

Would be nice to see GPU usage with the fps in the next video ;)

I noticed something in this log video - the pistol is still very inaccurate after 30 meters. It feels like u shooting blanks -

and I`ve tested it a little on 0.59 today. I notice the same issue - I can`t hit anything with my glock beyond (20-30) meters.

Edited by ori42

30 minutes ago, Konfucious K said:

Well he did say all settings are set to maximum so that would suggest that viewing distance would be at maximum too. I'd imagine the fog effect is reducing visibility, as it should.

Maybe they've reduced the overall max view distance compared to 0.59. Why should anything behind the fog render?

1 minute ago, Luc Tonnerre said:

Maybe they've reduced the overall max view distance compared to 0.59. Why should anything behind the fog render?

To be honest you're right, I don't know why it should affect it in any way. I'll put it to a brain fart and hopefully move swiftly on :P . But the overall reduction is a very interesting point, have to wait and test it out once it's released. It's hard for me to tell with these youtube vids.

Just now, Konfucious K said:

...  It's hard for me to tell with these youtube vids.

ye same here

The fog should reduce the effective view distance, because its fog. 

I would like to now if fog appears only under certain conditions? ( Weather, server time, position, distance to open water, season ) 

Also there are nice examples of "equiped" infected, cant wait to loot those fuckers

Pistol testing. It might be the zombie hit box - I had no issue to hit a tree at 100 meters with a glock. ))

ff66fq.jpg

Edited by ori42

Glad some of the peeps with lower end PC's will finally see some improvement. Unfortunately Cherno is gonna be deathmach hell on exp for the first few weeks :/

Either way I'm digging it !!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ori42 said:

The main blocker is that if an unconscious player log out, the server completely crashes. Apart from that, other issues are pretty minor. The loot system has hiccups, but they'll get it to work fine in no time.

Really hoping on an experimental release this week!

• Like 1

This kind of performance (and beyond) should be expected when things get more ready.
 Chernaplus performs very well in Arma 3 even that's just a .pbo port that naturaly causes all kinds of errors.

I am super excited for .60. Although I am not excited to wait for a million years to get into them exp servers when it does release. *shivers*

• Like 1

16 hours ago, St. Jimmy said:

This kind of performance (and beyond) should be expected when things get more ready.
 Chernaplus performs very well in Arma 3 even that's just a .pbo port that naturaly causes all kinds of errors.

Yeah this would be about the MINIMUM that I would be expecting really, especially since it's a new game engine with a lot more development and experienced devs behind it.