iamjohnconnor

Fear the Shotgun

Some examples of why you should avoid the shotgun in DayZ & some clips of myself clay shooting for fun!

I don't see how that 'firing shotgun in real life' has anything to do with dayz.. for starters...

and as to 'fear' the shotgun.. I don't fear any weapon in dayz... I just pitty the screamers (like yourself) that wield them.. 
KoS in general (IMO) should go and play call of duty and such.. see how well you fair with your 'shotgun' skills.. lol
as for the hysterical screaming.. really dude? really? what are you guys? 13? 

I know people get really excited when you 'kill' somebody.. but just envision doing this in real life.. I doubt it'll be shits and giggles in any way or form.
that's why I hate screamers in dayz WHOOOYAAAAAA!!! SEE I GOT M BOTH WITH ONE SHOT!! HEADSHOT! (chockes on dick) CRYLAUCH CRYLAUGH.. adrenaline is one thing.. but just know that for making vids like this..
if people find you in dayz.. and reconize your voice or whatever.. they'll most likely do the exact same to you.. then try and laugh as hard as you did.. after being alive for several days..

O yeah and last but not least... try playing like this when hordes hit the scene ;) that'll be BIG FUN...
(engages in firefight with shotgun) HA-HA oohh dear what now budy (get mauled to death by 30 zombies) HA-HA.. guess that jokes on you then ;)

HAHAHAHAHA :D

6 minutes ago, Tigermonk said:

O yeah and last but not least... try playing like this when hordes hit the scene ;) that'll be BIG FUN...
(engages in firefight with shotgun) HA-HA oohh dear what now budy (get mauled to death by 30 zombies) HA-HA.. guess that jokes on you then ;)

yep, will be nice when we can also use a shotgun as a melee weapon, then when you can't reload you can do an Alamo

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pilgrim* said:

yep, will be nice when we can also use a shotgun as a melee weapon, then when you can't reload you can do an Alamo

indeed it would be.. 'rifle/butstock thrust' (maybe just from behind or crouched OR to a kneeling/downed player) to 'knock them out' not kill them.. cause thats what happens in the real world.. you don't die from a single but stock strike to the face.. just puts your lights out. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, edoian said:

Jeeze man.  Take it easy.  The dark side awaits if you continue down that path.

i'm not outside that much anyways.. nor am I a starwars fan.. but NV goggles solve a LOT of problems.. so I don't mind the darkside thanks :) *joins darkside* 

erm.. oh sorry was that a real serious comment? i'm sorry I don't give two shits bout it :)

in the words of 'Diabolic'

"And I don't give two shits
I'm dropping science here
Superhuman in disguise I am not as I appear"

Edited by Tigermonk

Just now, Tigermonk said:

i'm not outside that much anyways.. nor am I a starwars fan.. but NV goggles solve a LOT of problems.. so I don't mind the darkside thanks :) *joins darkside* 

erm.. oh sorry was that a real serious comment? i'm sorry I don't give two shits bout it :)

Let me put it another way then if you don't like Star Wars.

Try not to be a dick.  Better?

1 minute ago, edoian said:

Let me put it another way then if you don't like Star Wars.

Try not to be a dick.  Better?

I'll put it straight for ya.. if you don't like my comment.. ignore it and stfu dude... this is the internet... you know what that is right? nobody GIVES two shits about your posts of 'try not to be a D*CK' 

and for your information.. I for one am not a penis.. I am a human being thanks very much (padum..ttsssss)

Just now, Tigermonk said:

I'll put it straight for ya.. if you don't like my comment.. ignore it and stfu dude... this is the internet... you know what that is right? nobody GIVES two shits about your posts of 'try not to be a D*CK' 

and for your information.. I for one am not a penis.. I am a human being thanks very much (padum..ttsssss)

Take your own advice then.  If you didnt like his video, "ignore it and STFU".

This isnt the "internet".  It's the moderated DayZ forums.  You are just being rude and agressive,  reddit is thataway --->

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, edoian said:

This isnt the "internet".  It's the moderated DayZ forums.  You are just being rude and agressive,  reddit is thataway --->

This isnt the "internet".  It's the moderated DayZ forums.(which is located ON the internet somewhere) 
You are just being rude and agressive, (I wasn't you made me with your father comment so thnx)  
reddit is thataway ---> (dadadatway, don't choke on your own cum cause that is gross ay, I'll sit here and enjoy my latte, since coffins don't just fill themselves I'll throw some shotguns shells your way) <- see what I did there junior? :)

Edited by Tigermonk

2 minutes ago, edoian said:

You have some serious issues...

process that scotty :P hahahaha :) 

5 minutes ago, Tigermonk said:

process that scotty :P hahahaha :) 

You should try full sentences and logical statements.  Your ramblings are largely incoherent and I have no idea what your last post means.

Edited by edoian
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, edoian said:

You should try full sentences and logical statements.  Your ramblings are largely incorerent and I have no idea what your last post means.

alright daddy :) I've been a bad boy.. I know... and my last sentence? where the F you from nigga? says glasgow scotland... <-- jujujust sayin', here's a glass cow from glasgow, pray to your fictional shotgun you're figure it out somehow'

'you're telling me that I have issues, don't just sit there and tell, you should hand me a box of tissues, you're saying that I have mental problems, cause I all but dissed you, now go home, write something worth mentioning, or this will be your final issue' 

Just now, edoian said:

I think i'll step away from this derailment and let the mods deal with this.

lol... now don't chicken out.. you awoke this... trying to be a 'good boy' I didn't ;) again man.. this is the internet... people are people deal with it.. you try to kick dirt?? expect it back at ya..

43 minutes ago, Tigermonk said:

indeed it would be.. 'rifle/butstock thrust' (maybe just from behind or crouched OR to a kneeling/downed player) to 'knock them out' not kill them.. cause thats what happens in the real world.. you don't die from a single but stock strike to the face.. just puts your lights out. 

It seems wrong to me that I can shoot a player - get in the first shot - with my shotgun (even a guy in a plate carrier) in the chest from close range
and he just say's "ouch", I hit him  - (blood)  - BUT he goes on lifting his gun and moving just the same as he was already, perfectly OK,  like the impact didn't strike on his body at all, he's doesn't even hesitate. (dude doesn't even blink - that would take some nerve IRL, heh )
This seems wrong .. he should at least stagger, or sway his aim a little; ya know.; Hesitate, because I just blasted him in the chest from 4 feet away..
but he don't . he just shoots me like nothing happened.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

It seems wrong to me that I can shoot a player - get in the first shot - with my shotgun (even a guy in a plate carrier) in the chest from close range
and he just say's "ouch", I hit him  - (blood)  - BUT he goes on lifting his gun and moving just the same as he was already, perfectly OK,  like the impact didn't strike on his body at all, he's doesn't even hesitate. (dude doesn't even blink - that would take some nerve IRL, heh )
This seems wrong .. he should at least stagger, or sway his aim a little; ya know.; Hesitate, because I just blasted him in the chest from 4 feet away..
but he don't . he just shoots me like nothing happened.

that's just dayz logic... if this game was anywhere near 'real impact' even a stray M4 or .22 from 100 meters would screw you up (look at arma 3) one well aimed shot and your 'down' so yeah..

'he just say's "ouch", I hit him  - (blood)  - BUT he goes on lifting his gun and moving just the same as he was already, perfectly OK,  like the impact didn't strike on his body at all, he's doesn't even hesitate. (dude doesn't even blink - that would take some nerve IRL, heh )' is just dayz being itself.. your either 'dead' or your in serious pain (not even able to lift your gun let alone 'shoot' 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tigermonk said:

that's just dayz logic..

I guess it IS - but I spent a  few years in online FPS with my kid who has half my reaction time (to me it was like he had auto-aim, ya know?) so he was faster but I was more cunning (still am) so it evened out. Now playing DayZ I hit a player first from where he doesn't expect, and he just shoots anyway, i don't have that REALISTIC moment to step back behind that wall, nada. you hit a dude he acts like Terminator (but faster) He doesn't care.

To make the point - on youtube how many snipers have you seen killed with an axe, and they don't even know what's happening?
Hey - in real life you draw a bead with a long range scope, and I'll hit you in the head with an axe, and you see if you can keep the scope steady OK?

Just sayin' how it is  - a shootout in DayZ is either 'dead' or 'not dead' - and afterwards if you are "not dead" there is some kind of damage to check out  - broken leg, damaged gear, bleeding.. but that's all afterwards - like in a Dungeons & Dragons board game, ya know.. tote up what happened after the event.
(this is a real-time military sim?)

Everyone KNOWS if someone sprays 4 hits into your armored vest, or you get a shot in the back, or a sniper ruins your helmet with 1 head shot - you do NOT just shoot right back ...
This is a BASIC FACT of armed warfare.. It should  have been built-in to the core of all the "military sim" stuff right back since the Original ArmA  - right along with trajectories and impact values.. Otherwise it makes all this "weapons realism" look just plain silly..

AT LEAST - for starters,  just as a placeholder - a hit should throw your aim off, even for 0.2 of a second.

Well, that escalated quickly....   :/ 

DayZ is a video game. An unfinished video game. Never compare it to "real-life". 

Try to be polite and civilized.

To OP : Yep, the shotguns are pretty good in the game. As long as there isn't much desync and the bandwidth is on your side, the DayZ gods will listen.   ;) 

• Like 1

Fuck shotguns. Complete garbage.

520UULp.gif

20 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

Well, that escalated quickly....   :/ 

DayZ is a video game. An unfinished video game. Never compare it to "real-life". 

Try to be polite and civilized.

To OP : Yep, the shotguns are pretty good in the game. As long as there isn't much desync and the bandwidth is on your side, the DayZ gods will listen.   ;) 

the entire idea about dayz in recent patches WAS the realistic feature (bullet drop/recoil aspect of things) so the guns felt more 'real' and less like a plastic BB gun with 0 recoil/sway/whatever 
so Never compare it to "real-life". <- that was the WHOLE point the devs are trying to make.. with all the realism/survival aspects their putting in the game to begin with

6 hours ago, Tigermonk said:

the entire idea about dayz in recent patches WAS the realistic feature (bullet drop/recoil aspect of things) so the guns felt more 'real' and less like a plastic BB gun with 0 recoil/sway/whatever 
so Never compare it to "real-life". <- that was the WHOLE point the devs are trying to make.. with all the realism/survival aspects their putting in the game to begin with

The devs are looking for authenticity, but realism is a bit different. You can't have "realistic" gun mechanics and call a game realistic just for that or other survival mechanics, as the complexity of real life will never be achieved anyway. Trees that never grow or die, that gets chopped and pop back into place when the server restarts. Players that die and simply respawn on the coast to start again. 

It's your choice to compare it to real life, but forgetting whole factors in favors of the ones you want to see, doesn't make the game more life like in any way. 

I really appreciate the devs for making DayZ a great game that seeks authenticity and complex mechanics, but trying to justify some mechanics like the weapon and bullet system by comparing it to real life, and omitting all the rest is just wrong.

"In real life it's like that, so in the game it should." No. Just no. 

On 29/04/2016 at 9:25 AM, Tigermonk said:

cause thats what happens in the real world.. you don't die from a single but stock strike to the face.. just puts your lights out. 

Again, that's your assumption. Knocking your head very often results in a concussion, and in occasions, even death. A single hit to the temple and it's night-night forever. Do a simple research, and you'll see how many people ended up in a coma or died because they were hit to the head, knocked out by someone, pushed and hit their head on the pavement or a tree stump.

I really don't know in which "real world" you are living...  :/  

59 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

I really appreciate the devs for making DayZ a great game that seeks authenticity and complex mechanics, but trying to justify some mechanics like the weapon and bullet system by comparing it to real life, and omitting all the rest is just wrong.

hmm, true .. so why the intense emphasis on weapons and bullet systems in the first place? every bullet-firing weapon attempts to be a realistically model of a specific type and sub type of existing or once-existing weapon, this seems to be a design goal set a long time ago. But everything else can/ or may be/ or is/ realistic to somewhere between zero and 40% ?  just noticing, not "objecting".; but I do notice.

Now - this design feature in DayZ is nothing to do with this being a game and not  "real life"
[philosophy = : ) =  a game world exists inside the Real World and is only Part of the real world - so it must to be Less Complex than the real world or it would not Fit, we agree]

Some strong emphasis and attention to detail is is given to certain aspects of the game, much less is given to other aspects - this is game design.
As DayZ players (and unlike players of some other types of games) we all want a game that is in some sense "realistic" - as the term is commonly used in games. If we did not want "realism" we could all play chess - that  game is highly immersive but non-"realistic".

So - back to my suggestion:  Why not have impact (fire, melee) register on players to some extent to make firefights more interesting, to open new possible results and techniques, wider and alternative combat-play possibilities, and perhaps even make combat slightly more "realistic" .. but I'm happy enough to leave "realism" at a fairly low percentage as long as firefights in DayZ become just a little more ..  immersive.

I wouldn't expect the immediate effects of blows registering to be more "realistic" than the level of realism we find in dayz fishing for instance..ie - "realism" at about 0-3% ?? (difficult to judge)  and less "realism" than THAT would be just fine and dandy.

So I wondered why zero attempts have ever been made in the whole ArmA family since it's inception right up to DayZ SA, to "indicate" a hit by a reaction - however slight - on the part of the player. Seemed odd, So I mentioned it.

xxP

I like the devs too.

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 1