iamjohnconnor

Fear the Shotgun

On 29/04/2016 at 3:00 PM, Tigermonk said:

lol... now don't chicken out.. you awoke this... trying to be a 'good boy' I didn't ;) again man.. this is the internet... people are people deal with it.. you try to kick dirt?? expect it back at ya..

Your correct this is the Internet, this is our part of it and if you cant play nice dont bother coming back, you have a bad  etiquette and are constantly abusive, this is not acceptoble.

Learn some new consideration for your fellow member or dont come back.

On 29/04/2016 at 11:13 PM, Rags! said:

Fuck shotguns. Complete garbage.

520UULp.gif

Last chance @Rags!

On 30/04/2016 at 5:46 PM, pilgrim* said:

hmm, true .. so why the intense emphasis on weapons and bullet systems in the first place? every bullet-firing weapon attempts to be a realistically model of a specific type and sub type of existing or once-existing weapon, this seems to be a design goal set a long time ago. But everything else can/ or may be/ or is/ realistic to somewhere between zero and 40% ?  just noticing, not "objecting".; but I do notice.

Now - this design feature in DayZ is nothing to do with this being a game and not  "real life"
[philosophy = : ) =  a game world exists inside the Real World and is only Part of the real world - so it must to be Less Complex than the real world or it would not Fit, we agree]

Some strong emphasis and attention to detail is is given to certain aspects of the game, much less is given to other aspects - this is game design.
As DayZ players (and unlike players of some other types of games) we all want a game that is in some sense "realistic" - as the term is commonly used in games. If we did not want "realism" we could all play chess - that  game is highly immersive but non-"realistic".

So - back to my suggestion:  Why not have impact (fire, melee) register on players to some extent to make firefights more interesting, to open new possible results and techniques, wider and alternative combat-play possibilities, and perhaps even make combat slightly more "realistic" .. but I'm happy enough to leave "realism" at a fairly low percentage as long as firefights in DayZ become just a little more ..  immersive.

I wouldn't expect the immediate effects of blows registering to be more "realistic" than the level of realism we find in dayz fishing for instance..ie - "realism" at about 0-3% ?? (difficult to judge)  and less "realism" than THAT would be just fine and dandy.

So I wondered why zero attempts have ever been made in the whole ArmA family since it's inception right up to DayZ SA, to "indicate" a hit by a reaction - however slight - on the part of the player. Seemed odd, So I mentioned it.

xxP

I like the devs too.

When the new player controller gets in, the new animations for wounded players will come too, so we're probably gonna see something along the lines of this. Players getting hit, depending on where they get hit, will have different reaction animations.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for immersion, I just have a very hard time with quotes like : "In real life it's like that, so it should be the same in the game, since it's a "realistic" game!" I have very little tolerance for this, and I should work on that. Tigermonk is totally right about something, I should have simply ignored him in the first place.  ;) 

Edited by odin_lowe
typo
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, AmberHelios said:

Last chance @Rags!

Last chance for what?