Konfucious K

O.60 Servers are up?

I was just perusing the server list in the game and saw them there. Have they been there all along or is this a tease from the Devs?

0.60_1.png

Edited by Konfucious K
  • Like 3

Additionaly, much "experimentalprep" activity over at steamDB *fingers crossed* 

• Like 2

An announcement at Pax is not that crazy a concept. Gives them something to go "wow" over. Hopefully that means we're invited too!

Hey guys,

We'll have a small presence at PAX East this year - taking the opportunity to show the latest build of .60, meet and greet some Chernarussian survivors, and answer questions about the upcoming ,60 experimental release.

We'll be working again with Astro Gaming, MrBlack0ut, and Anthony Kongphan. Our schedule for the weekend looks like such:

Friday: 2:00 to 3:00 - Meet & Greet w/ Creative Director Brian Hicks, Brand Manager Dustin Hucks, Anthony Kongphan, MrBlack0ut

Saturday: 2:00 to 3:00 Meet & Greet w/ Creative Director Brian Hicks, Brand Manager Dustin Hucks, Anthony Kongphan, MrBlack0ut

Saturday 2:30 to 5:30 Live Stream w/ rotating guests on latest 0.60 build - Gameplay, Discussion, and Questions (Creative Director Brian Hicks, MrBlack0ut, Brand Manager Dustin Hucks)

Sunday: 2:00 to 3:00 - Meet & Greet w/ Creative Director Brian Hicks, Brand Manager Dustin Hucks, Anthony Kongphan, MrBlack0ut

We're obviously all excited to get .60 on to experimental branch and in the hands of the Early Access users, so we're keeping it light this year - but rest assured we'll be showing live gameplay, handing out sweet DayZ swag, and doing our best to answer your questions during the weekend event.

Live Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/astrogaming
Tweet your questions to: @dayzdevteam (Hashtag #PAXEast)

(All times are US EST)

PAX East: east.paxsite.com

(Copied from another thread)

1 minute ago, HarryPotter (DayZ) said:

Im guessing its a build for the PAX stream.. not for us

They wouldn't need so many servers surely? And mine are located in the UK/Germany and since PAX is in the US I'm really edging to some good news. Also, what's to stop them from making the servers invisible if it's just for them? *sigh* alas, It will be announced "when it's ready" but I can't help but feel a twinge of anticipation.

I want to believe that the instant the build is ready for the public they will release it and not wait for an event.

This is promising though.... it looks like any day now, any - day - now.

• Like 2

If 0.60 comes out before the weekend, I am taking off work for the day haha. I wonder what update(s) will be in the new patch besides just the new renderer? Looking forward to it DayZ Team!

They wouldn't upload a version for PAX though, would they? They'd just have it on a hard disk. Fingers crossed for this week or next. If they have a working build I hope they don't wait for PAX, but it's understandable if they do.

I think i just peed a little....

6 minutes ago, SmashT_ said:

27 minutes ago, Konfucious K said:

I think i just peed a little....

Well... Now that is quite exciting.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Holy shit, it's ebrim!

Welcome back!

It must truly be happening!

Ha, yeah, I've been skulking around the forums for a couple weeks now waiting. This is all looking promising. It's been quite a while.

• Like 1

Pretty interesting to see that they're gonna show 0.60 at PAX, but I won't be watching, as I've always played Experimental instead of watching it. Discovering new things in experimental builds has always been something I've look forward to in the past, since experimental first came out, and having it spoiled at PAX will just ruin the experience for me. 

It's pretty sad to see them show it and have it played exclusively at PAX.  :( 

After all this wait. Never been complaining before about this, or anything really, but it feels like a big FU to the rest of the community who won't be at PAX. It could also mean they will show experimental 0.60 at PAX, and push it to stable next week. I really don't see the point of showing it there, but locking the servers so the rest of the community can't play, test, and report bugs. In other circumstances it would have been interesting to see upcoming features at PAX, but in the current situation, it just feels weird and quite frankly, like a slap to the face to the experimental team.

Don't get me wrong, it's just a week-end and it'll pass very fast, it's not about time, it's about spoiling the fun for the discoveries. (Thus why I'll avoid the PAX vids, streams and what-not, to be able to test 0.60 myself, otherwise I won't have any reason too.)

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

I do believe they said on reddit all servers are for internal testing.

Because THAT is the first, best, and only place to find all of the freshest official DayZ news; not these-here official forums, no sir.

I'm still compulsively checking the bugtracker in anticipation.  It's still down for maintenance.  They wouldn't release .60 to experimental without a working bugtracker, would they?

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 3

Hmm maybe not, as per Smoss say: A replacement for the feedback tracker has been decided upon, so IT is in the process of getting it up and running. Of course we would like for it to be up and running by the time 0.60 hits experimental but in case it is not, an alternative method of gathering feedback is via the Experimental topic for 0.60 which will be created here on the forums (as stated as well in the initial post above). The 0.60 Exp topic will be created in the following sub-forum: https://forums.dayz.com/forum/135-experimental-patch-discussion/

• Like 1

I see two possibilities here: 

1. Tomorrow

2. Monday

...of course there is always "when its ready" too. 

• Like 3