Sign in to follow this  
Hicks_206 (DayZ)

DayZ at PAX East 2016

Hey guys,

We'll have a small presence at PAX East this year - taking the opportunity to show the latest build of .60, meet and greet some Chernarussian survivors, and answer questions about the upcoming ,60 experimental release.

We'll be working again with Astro Gaming, MrBlack0ut, and Anthony Kongphan. Our schedule for the weekend looks like such:

• Friday: 2:00 to 3:00 - Meet & Greet w/ Creative Director Brian Hicks, Brand Manager Dustin Hucks, Anthony Kongphan, MrBlack0ut
  • Saturday: 2:00 to 3:00 Meet & Greet w/ Creative Director Brian Hicks, Brand Manager Dustin Hucks, Anthony Kongphan, MrBlack0ut
  • Saturday 2:30 to 5:30 Live Stream w/ rotating guests on latest 0.60 build - Gameplay, Discussion, and Questions (Creative Director Brian Hicks, MrBlack0ut, Brand Manager Dustin Hucks)
  • Sunday: 2:00 to 3:00 - Meet & Greet w/ Creative Director Brian Hicks, Brand Manager Dustin Hucks, Anthony Kongphan, MrBlack0ut

We're obviously all excited to get .60 on to experimental branch and in the hands of the Early Access users, so we're keeping it light this year - but rest assured we'll be showing live gameplay, handing out sweet DayZ swag, and doing our best to answer your questions during the weekend event.

Live Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/astrogaming
Tweet your questions to: @dayzdevteam (Hashtag #PAXEast)

(All times are US EST)

PAX East: east.paxsite.com

• Like 8

*hopes for 0.60 the week after pax* 

so hicks any other news then 'latest installment of 0.60' because we've already seen 3 trailers of the rendering engine... and comparisons.
any ETA on the go ahead to exp.?

• Like 1

Just make sure to sound really upbeat and happy else the crazy analyses will start circulating!  ;P

1 hour ago, igor-vk said:

You will actually stream .60???

probably 'show' closed exp. like the past 3 months have been.

Looking forward to it. I'll be tuned in on Saturday.

6 hours ago, Tigermonk said:

*hopes for 0.60 the week after pax* 

so hicks any other news then 'latest installment of 0.60' because we've already seen 3 trailers of the rendering engine... and comparisons.
any ETA on the go ahead to exp.?

I actually don't think we have already seen everything 0.60 will have to offer, so i'm excited to see what they got.

Also, i am sure Hicks will give you an ETA the 129.317th time someone asks, when he didn't give one the other 129.316 times. Keep asking plox. 

Didn't saw this until now. Hopefully the new forums can somewhat make these kind of topics more visible from the front page of the forums.

Also posts in this area don't show in the recent posts tab on the right of the front page? There's just some delay. Too bad that the spam happened so the recent topics got buried.

Edited by St. Jimmy

On 21.4.2016 at 1:00 PM, igor-vk said:

You will actually stream .60???

You actually expect a reply? ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noctoras said:

You actually expect a reply? ;)

Not really? He blocked me on twitter three times  by now 

10 more min *grabs popcorn* lets see what the great devs have to offer us in 6-8 weeks xD

• Like 1

so... what I've learned so far

player aging (NOT in 0.60 player console not done yet)
no predator animals in 0.60
item decay (maybe in 0.60)
items spawn with items (pants with can of coke/beans/fish hook)
dynamic fog (decreases your FPS, changes to your location)
simul weather (unsure.. partially?)
zombies have different models/clothes
NEW *again* UI (parimeter/inventory)
all in all.. half the 'hyped' stuff is NOT in the upcoming 0.60 build... maybe 0.70 if we're lucky

Edited by Tigermonk
  • Like 1

enough time to bash it when it finally goes live  ;) 

after half a year without a new exp, I don't want to cititcise before having played it.

The best thing so far for me are the new infected animations. They are jumping over fences/walls and it looks really nice. Hope we see that with the new player controller for the players too.

Not many bugs, bit rubberbanding due to bad connection at PAX, textures not loading on infected, less/no loot but nothing gamebreaking, at least for me. We had more worst updates in the past I guess.

UI looks ok, you can zoom on your char in the inventory screen.

Performance looks definitively better as far as I can tell though the stream, no huge frame drops in Elektro...I'm looking forward to it.

edit: a couple of map changes; ski lift looks awesome!

Edited by c4p

So far I've not seen anything that I wouldn't be able to put up with for an experimental build. The loot spawning is definitely a problem, but I'm not sure what else is stopping it from hitting experimental. Grey zombies aren't exactly a gamebreaker.

• Like 3

yeah i'm hoping the loot issue will be the main blocker and that un-textured zombies will not prevent an exp release unless there are bigger reasons causing the model to lack textures.

wow, I watched the almost 3 hours stream - and it`s a huge improvement in graphic. I`ve experienced motion sickness playing the 0.59 patch -

so I hope the eta of 0.60 is some weeks, Hicks.

We don`t care about loot issues on the experimental branch - so we can test it while you guys adjust it in future 0.60 updates. 

Edited by ori42

Great to see the progress in .60. and I really like how the zombies are coming along. Made me think a few times they were players due to the way they were dressed. 

Keep up the great work Dev's and excited to see .60 hit experimental hopefully sooner than later.

On 4/24/2016 at 0:24 AM, ori42 said:

wow, I watched the almost 3 hours stream - and it`s a huge improvement in graphic. I`ve experienced motion sickness playing the 0.59 patch -

so I hope the eta of 0.60 is some weeks, Hicks.

We don`t care about loot issues on the experimental branch - so we can test it while you guys adjust it in future 0.60 updates. 

Yeah, loot is for the weak. With as many chickens as I saw in the PAX stream the only people who starve are the lazy. Best to get them out of the gene pool anyway.

Edited by ebrim
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, ebrim said:

Yeah, loot is for the weak. With as many chickens as I saw in the PAX stream the only people who starve are the lazy. Best to get them out of the gene pool anyway.

indeed, if loot is the blocker, there is no blocker for release - for those who cannot handle it, there always is a stable version to revert to.

Edited by Noctoras
  • Like 3