Sign in to follow this  
HeadlessJoey

2 Seconds Delay

Hi,

Recently I have been having a problem with some specific servers I always play on (my squad's server and 2 others we go on regularly).
Whenever I click anything in my inventory it will take 2 seconds before it happens but I am not lagging myself.
I tested this with my squad and I counted down from 3 and when I said GO I put my gun in my hands. On their screen it was instantly in my hands however on my screen it took 2 seconds.

This is with everything I do whether it's eating food or putting my gun on my back.

However this problem only seems to happen in our own server (and a few others) whether it's full or has 2 players on it (morning and evening).
Then when I join another server (some of them) it seems to be totally fine and I have no delay at all. My ping doesn't seem to be the problem, ingame I have my normal 40 ms but it still has 2 seconds delay, outside in the serverlist it does have a little higher ping than other servers.

I tried to find out what is causing this problem but it's not my internet and it's not my PC either because it's only some specific servers.

I really don't understand what is happening though because I played on this server for more than 2 months and it was always fine then this suddenly happened out of nowhere (no idea what caused it) and it's unplayable.

I am wandering if anyone else has or had this same problem?

So it's on some servers, not all of them, and it's basically a 2 second delay on anything (sometimes people also just stop running and then they instantly teleport ahead).

What I do know is that it's not my internet nor my PC.

I hope anyone can help me because it's really unplayable and it's a waste of the server for me.

HeadlessJoey opens satchel, what does joey take on his adventure.

thats desync my friend, lag in your connection to the server or the server slow on sending commands back.

very common in online gaming really 

you have already said its not your pc and its not your connection, therefore it has to be the server, remember a gsp has mutiple game servers running on a blade.

the game is in early access and fps issues are going to be there while they optimize the game fully with the fetures added.

True, I too think it has to do with the server, especially since it's only some servers.

However what I cannot figure out is why it so suddenly happened on our own server, the one I have been playing on for a total of 6 months and never had any problems on till now.
I could ask the provider to see if it has anything to do on their end because I know nothing changed on my end. I even changed to 3 other locations (friends) and there too I have the same problem.

This problem has been here for around 2 weeks now, I changed location in real life, changed locations in game (basically been all over the map testing this 2 second delay), reinstalled the game and tested when the server was full and empty (2 others online) but always the same problem; 2 seconds delay/desync.

So there is no solution to this problem? Knowing that before (5 months) on the same server it has been totally fine and that it is only some servers that I seem to be having this problem on?
Something has to be the cause and I've been searching for others with similar problems like this one but 90% of the people seem to complain about low FPS and the rest thinks is unplayable (I got 2000+ hours so it's pretty playable if you ask me) but not a single one of them has my problem that I have a 2 second delay/desync on a server that has been fine for the last 5 months and even weirder is that some (like 50/50) of the other servers everything is totally fine and I don't have that 2 second delay/desync.

I hope someone comes with some ideas/solutions I haven't tried and I'll keep searching and asking around and if I ever do find the cause I'll post it here for others that might have the same problem.