Pyongo Bongo

Coastal Poverty was wonderful [WARNING silly content]

I remember a long time ago, people in tattered clothing sitting on the street around a campfire (they were too poor to actually light their assembly of twigs, books and rags) next to their collection of more tattered clothing they were handing out to people, talking about the insane fireman who killed a lot of their friends. They had defeated him with the miraculous blow of their most powerful weapon, a pitchfork, that Homeschooliazon had propelled into his eyesockets. The hungering men were going to put him on a trial even after he had murdered a handful of other survivors with his pickaxe, snarling and cursing, but he succumbed to his facewounds and they shared his corpse in community, every one of them devouring one fourth of his body. They were in Elektrozavodsk, the town of COMPLETE HOBO INSANITY! AAAAAAARGH!

Their resting was interrupted by one of them attacking another with a rusty steak knife, the fight had been started by the russian man, who just did not like the looks of his brother.

The poor brother was ganged up on and devoured by the now smaller group, as two ghastly figures with doll-like faces, wielding tools of war approached them.

THEY SHOT UP ALL THE WINDOWS WITH THEIR AK'S WILDLY BUT THE RUSSIAN MAN WAS TOO SKILLED AT AVOIDING AK-BULLETS AND TOTALLY WHACKED THE GUY IN THE FACE WITH A SHOVEL HE HAD FOUND AND BEAT THE HELL OUT OF HIM, HE JUST GRABBED HIS GIGANTIC AK AND REIGNED TERROR UPON THE OTHER GUY WHO HAD ABOUT TEN THOUSAND BULLETHOLES IN HIM BY NOW AND NOBODY COULD TOUCH THE RUSSIAN GUY SINCE HE HAD THE BIGGEST GUN AROUND AND IT WAS GOOOD PLEAASE BRING BROKEN PERSISTENCE BACK OVERHAULED OFCOURSE MAYBE PLEASE.

I hope people will use this opportunity to discuss and talk about intense loot/loot-respawn scarcity in previous patches and (hopefully) patches to come despite this post's silly start :)

Edited by homeschooliazon

7 minutes ago, homeschooliazon said:

Their resting was interrupted by one of them attacking another with a rusty steak knife, the fight had been started by the russian man, who just did not like the looks of his brother.

I know this story It wasnt a "rusty steak knife" it was a "rusty butter knife."

2 minutes ago, GuyRandomMan said:

Broken Persistence was awesome, but I doubt it would come back.

I hope they will change the loot economy into something that feels like the first itteration of loot persistence we could enjoy on stable servers, with most items not despawning and Top Gear (lol) getting more rare over time, forcing players to visit abondoned parts of the map, struggle to survive and maximise interaction between players and the game-world, like farming, setting up camps/stashes/safehouses and heavily impacting towns by storing/withdrawing loot from them. I think the broken persistence we had was too radical when it came to necessary items respawning and creating loot explosions, this is why I think it will not and should not come back the way it was.

18 minutes ago, homeschooliazon said:

I hope they will change the loot economy into something that feels like the first itteration of loot persistence we could enjoy on stable servers, with most items not despawning and Top Gear (lol) getting more rare over time, forcing players to visit abondoned parts of the map, struggle to survive and maximise interaction between players and the game-world, like farming, setting up camps/stashes/safehouses and heavily impacting towns by storing/withdrawing loot from them. I think the broken persistence we had was too radical when it came to necessary items respawning and creating loot explosions, this is why I think it will not and should not come back the way it was.

I agree, in my opinion there are far too many supplies, guns for example, at this point in the Zombie apocalypse the majority of them would be gone, on a max pop server only a few people should have guns and even fewer should have ammo.

• Like 1

Sounds like a normal afternoon to me, except not finding matches, and not knowing how to use human guts and a stick to start a fire, so you had to eat your friends raw, and that can be unhealthy   Hmmm. crafting skills are what you lack, not persistence.
You know v0.6 is going to introduce intestinal tapeworm parasites? 
You'll be able to make bowstrings out of them and nooses for suicide, and tie people up with them, so it's not all bad news.

• Like 1

Bow drill?  I'll see it when I believe it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, emuthreat said:

I'll see it when I believe it.

I admit, I like your rendition of the saying a bit more.

After playing many hours of 0.60 I can say that there has been a lot of being poor, people hit over the head with shovels, cannibalism and me being in love with the patch!