GlasgowGamingGuy

Making your own knife - Could save your life

Not a lot of player know this and I discovered it by accident, but you can infact make a knife.

This could be useful in any number of situations, but most importantly, when trying to open a can of food.

The video isn't the best quality as it was one of my first but it shows you what to do.

• Like 2

Not to sound pedantic, but this is pretty old news. It's literally the first thing I do when spawning, even before chucking my road flare :P

Still, never hurts to advertise the basics for the new folks.

Craft knife, cut stick from tree, make rope from rags, make backpack from rags and burlap. Pretty basic stuff really. The most annoying part of it is when you are standing on a rocky beach where you can see literally thousandsa of rocks, you search for it and find nothing, you search again - nothing. And then this happens for twenty fucking times before you find a rock? On a beach? Full of rocks?

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

15 hours ago, Killawife said:

Craft knife, cut stick from tree, make rope from rags, make backpack from rags and burlap. Pretty basic stuff really. The most annoying part of it is when you are standing on a rocky beach where you can see literally thousandsa of rocks, you search for it and find nothing, you search again - nothing. And then this happens for twenty fucking times before you find a rock? On a beach? Full of rocks?

You need that one perfect rock though made from the right kind of stone to make a crafted knife.  I guess that is what they are simuating

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edoian said:

You need that one perfect rock though made from the right kind of stone to make a crafted knife.  I guess that is what they are simuating

I think that's right.

I also think that when this goes beta the improvised knife needs to get much worse at basically everything. Still, thanks for sharing this OP, I'm sure there are lots of new players (and some not so new) that don't know this.

Edited by ebrim
  • Like 1

Well a Flake Knife is pretty wicked. You make a mistake with a flake knife and you will see lots of red stuff. A flake knife is extremely sharp but yes, brittle.. I don't recall ever finding flint or obsidian on any

California beach.  The part that is really wrong is opening a can with a flake knife, lol uh..nope.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Excanto said:

Well a Flake Knife is pretty wicked. You make a mistake with a flake knife and you will see lots of red stuff. A flake knife is extremely sharp but yes, brittle.. I don't recall ever finding flint or obsidian on any

California beach.  The part that is really wrong is opening a can with a flake knife, lol uh..nope.

Yea  but a tin can be easily and fairly efficiently opened by whacking it along the edges of a table or, indeed many more ways without tools, and we can't do that so I look at it all as a trade off. :)

On 4/22/2016 at 8:38 PM, Excanto said:

To be sure, primarily I want to see it degrade very rapidly with use.

• Like 1