Sign in to follow this  
reindeerdundee

Suggestion regarding infected camps and CZ550

Ever since the removal of DMR spawns from the barracks the PvP has steadily become more and more enjoyable experience in the mod. Followed by the awesome attachment system, which was only overshadowed by the abundance of high-end guns people had already stashed. When Europa declared the wipe with incoming 1.8.7 patch and the heavy changes in loot tables, I hoped for the best. There is but one thing that really hinders the experience with STANAG/AK warfare: the abundance of CZ550.

Getting sniped is the bane of PvP in DayZ, and sniper rifles in ArmA have been overpowered since OFP.

CZ550 is basically a reskin for M24, which is a crashsite-tier sniper rifle. CZ can be found in barns, is in no way rare, and everyone and their mother with the slightest experience is running around with one north of Mogilevka. There is almost no reason to get involved in the rich attachment system feature with STANAG/AK guns when CZ is easier to get and a lot stronger weapon.

My suggestion would be to integrate changes to infected camps. We already have different kinds, mostly recognized by either dome or camping tent style of camps. These are often neglected in favor of searching for crashsites, and they are usually even harder to find. Following the ArmA canon, the infected camps could function as NAPA or Chedaki camps as following:

NAPA camps would consist of camping tents and the CZ would be moved from farm loot to spawn only in these point of interests. Possible spawns for camo clothing and AKM. NAPA camps would be spawning similarly as infected camps spawn now.

Chedaki camps would consist of dome tents and the loot would be a combination of eastern weapons and attachments, for example AK74s with PSOs and GL. CZ could also spawn here, and depends on how fixed the positions and rarity of these camps would be, maybe even SVD/PKM. Chedaki camps should be spawning mostly in the north-eastern part of the map.

If the forementioned Chedaki camp seems to be too heavy in guns, maybe add one as a new POI to Devil’s castle? The loot should be heavily generalized on this occasion of course to keep it in check with other military spawns.

My idea with the infected camps would make them more interesting for people to look, have some canon related logic in them and along with other suggestions to also have a more interesting solution to CZ550 problem instead of just lowering the spawn rate of the gun.

Also, Mosin with hunting scope could (and should) replace CZ as a farm/deer stand loot sniper. Awesome gun with nice model that is way too underused as the rivalling CZ is way too common.

My last nitpick suggestion would be to atleast have a chance of double-barreled shotgun to spawn with pellets.