Sign in to follow this  
NinjaTurkey

1pp Radios really make the game immersive

Hey guys. So this is different to my usual videos. Iv (hopefully) made it more immersive. So i very rarely get to use radios ingame, nevermind get decent footage but this time i did. I'm with BarelyInfected (Rene) and we play using no teamspeak or external comms. Only ingame chat. It leads us into a tense situation you would never get on teamspeak. Thanks for taking the time to watch, cheers guys. Will edit each time a new episode is out, with the newest ep at the top.

Chapter three - The search for Rene continues but i get into serious trouble just as things are looking up for me.

Chapter two - Picking up right where we left off i go in search of Rene, who i lost contact with while talking on the radio. 

Chapter one - I meet Rene in Polana and we use direct chat and radios (no external chat like ts). We decide to set up a camp but get into a little bit of trouble on the north east airfield.

Edited by NinjaTurkey
  • Like 7

Thanks therandomredston :) It is DayzUnderground, type underground in filters. Its currently based in the US but i believe they are going to be getting a EU server. 

• Like 1

I often carry one, but never get the chance to hear someone, or use it...  And I play a lot on DayZ Underground, but it seems they don't like lone wolves, as I've been killed every single time I saw someone, and no one ever replied when I tried talking to them. Probably bad luck, as I get into non-hostile encounters very often on most servers, even public ones. Very nice video!! I really like yours and René's channels. Cheers! 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

I often carry one, but never get the chance to hear someone, or use it...  And I play a lot on DayZ Underground, but it seems they don't like lone wolves, as I've been killed every single time I saw someone, and no one ever replied when I tried talking to them. Probably bad luck, as I get into non-hostile encounters very often on most servers, even public ones. Very nice video!! I really like yours and René's channels. Cheers! 

Thankyou Odin_lowe, yeah Rene's channel is one of my favourites. I think your time on Dayz Underground is just bad luck, you gotta be careful how you approach people. Make sure your in control of the encounter, if not back out. Maybe we will run into each other on there at some point.

• Like 2

I love in games coms but sadly, every one will still use what ever third party VIOP so they can have some one listening in.

• Like 1

When there is a EU-underground server, I'll definitely try that out. Seems like my kind of game. I've recently gone through collecting 5 radios and batteries and handing them out to strangers. I can see when they are online, and we'll see if I have better luck talking over radios then. Did you know you can also type in direct while you're radio is on? (it can even be in your backpack). It suffers the same effects as the talking with static breaking up the sentences. Very cool!

I also still have to try out placing a radio in a container and putting it in e.g. a police station to use as bait ^^ I'm not that evil, though. 

All I know is that the chances to pick up anyone on a normal server with the radio are low to zero. I've never been able to make contact, which is why I'm just giving out armbands and radios now, so I can recognize people. It takes some getting used to, because I keep forgetting to turn them on; or I want to save battery. Licking the batteries to test voltage is a fun detail. Maybe in 0.60 the radio station will bring some new use to radios. Unless you deliberately use them for immersion and testing, there is no point in carrying one. But when servers are stable and online for long, my strategy of handing out radios to strangers might win me a lot of allies. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, S3V3N said:

When there is a EU-underground server, I'll definitely try that out. Seems like my kind of game. I've recently gone through collecting 5 radios and batteries and handing them out to strangers. I can see when they are online, and we'll see if I have better luck talking over radios then. Did you know you can also type in direct while you're radio is on? (it can even be in your backpack). It suffers the same effects as the talking with static breaking up the sentences. Very cool!

I also still have to try out placing a radio in a container and putting it in e.g. a police station to use as bait ^^ I'm not that evil, though. 

All I know is that the chances to pick up anyone on a normal server with the radio are low to zero. I've never been able to make contact, which is why I'm just giving out armbands and radios now, so I can recognize people. It takes some getting used to, because I keep forgetting to turn them on; or I want to save battery. Licking the batteries to test voltage is a fun detail. Maybe in 0.60 the radio station will bring some new use to radios. Unless you deliberately use them for immersion and testing, there is no point in carrying one. But when servers are stable and online for long, my strategy of handing out radios to strangers might win me a lot of allies. 

Yeah the chances on a normal server are pretty low. Underground is good for this kind of thing. It did know you could type but i didn't know it would break up with static, thats pretty cool.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, The Riddler (DayZ) said:

Great video and truly gave me chills when you lost contact with Rene!!! 

Thanks Bean King! Yeah imagine being in that situation. I was sort of panicking. If we had been on ts it would have been a case of, "oh where are you, oh ok i'll come to you" then this whole situation doesn't happen. I always use ts its great for social gaming, but i really enjoyed using ingame chat only. Very immersive experience. 

I want to play with you using only radios.  That would be great!  I've mentioned it to some of the guys I play with several months ago and a couple of them said they may be on board, but we never got around to it.

Edited by schwaBAM

15 hours ago, schwaBAM said:

I want to play with you using only radios.  That would be great!  I've mentioned it to some of the guys I play with several months ago and a couple of them said they may be on board, but we never got around to it.

Hop on the Dayz underground server and maybe we shall meet.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sofa King said:

You better hurry with part 2, cause I am very anxious to watch it!

Very nearly done ;) Either tonight or tomorrow release, worse case sunday.

On 4/14/2016 at 3:22 PM, Sofa King said:

You better hurry with part 2, cause I am very anxious to watch it!

Part two is here, check the first post of this topic. (Will update this topic with each new episode).