Sign in to follow this  
Woody2

Weapon firing randomly on its own

I had a bit of a shock playing tonight when entering a shed at the back of a house, my AKM suddenly discharged 8 rounds randomly without me pressing the mouse or any key! A couple of dayz ago I noticed on two occasions that my character started throwing random punches

I have a wireless mouse but they are nothing new. It doesn't seem especially sensitive so I don't think its that. Anyone got any ideas?

Since it's wireless the first thing that comes to mind is either some sort of outside influence interfering with the signal, but there's no real way to test that as it could be something as out of your control as someone with a CB radio in their car driving by (I've never had such a thing interfere with my mouse, but it has happened to my sound system strangely enough),  Something may also just be 'wrong' with the mouse, I've had problems with buttons dying or spamming on me in the past with my wireless equipment, so I've slowly started replacing stuff with more wired things (a wired mouse is next on my shopping list when this one finally dies).

• Like 1

Never had it start like that on its own but sometikmes when you shoot the gun continues to spray bullets til you run out, wether you want it too or not. Happened to me yesterday. Its quite annoying as you cant move away while the gun is firing so it kinda locks you in place.

Thanks guys - I may try using a wired mouse again and see if I get anything similar again.

For all those down on wireless mice welcome to an age where wireless is having less latency than a wired mouse while being bombarded with more direct interference signals than you could EVER get in a real world situation......

• Like 1

I did see this in a stream/video Chow did not too long ago (his trumpet seemed to discharge randomly at one point in time). If anyone comes up with a set of repro steps, please do let me know. In the meantime I talked to Andy about this, so we'll see if we can reproduce the bug internally as well.

• Like 1

I use a Logitech G500s mouse which has a known problem for static electricity build up, most noticeable at around 30% relative humidity (indoors). It sometimes leads to no clicking being registered or double/triple clicks. Never had it "click" spontaneously though but I thought I'd mention it because I guess the issue could be hardware related.