Sign in to follow this  
p1nd

TWD morgan way of surviving

All who have seen TWD will know what im talking about so lets go on (if you dont know morgan just wiki him ;) )

i would really like to be able to craft a wooden stick like morgans so i don't have kill anybody with it. So when you get in melee range it can knock you out but you will need tools to create the stick. It should one shot zombies in the head and if you knock a player down, when the player is down you can kill him or help him as i would. the stick only knockout players and kills zombies, and if the dev wanna take a challenge it would be nice to have a way to knock out weapons from players hand when you are close to them, but will need to be skilled with the stick( something like XP in fighting with stick)

So the stick will:

1. kill zombies in one hit to the head

2. one hit knock out players in melee but won't do any damage to them

3. if possible it can knock out weapon from players if you have survived with the stick 10 hours plus maybe.

feel free to comment on your thoughts

• Like 1

If this weapon was implemented among your specifications it would be entirely too OP and over used no matter how difficult to craft. I'm sure once the game has been finished/finalized you may see versions of what you are seeking from fan-made mods, or maybe even as an addition straight from the team. As of right now though, added this stick to the game would be a waste of time in contrast to the other fundamental aspects of the game the devs could be working on.

still <3 TWD - last episode was killer.. (no pun intended)

Best Regards,

Quentin S.

Edited by therandomredstone

It won't be OP in any way when you can get killed very easy before you can get in range. but  i agree there is momre importent thing to Work on but if they're gonna add new weapons it should be that stick.

Heroes need a stick :D

why would you need special tools? there's a broom in the game already (if im not mistaken) broom+saw=broom (stick) done.. you have youself a bo-staff like idea... that's not an entirely new weapon.. since morgans weapon is a solid stick and not something glued together or whatever... this wouldn't be 'difficult' to make for the devs.. all they need to do is BIND an action to saw+broomstick.. just like rags+sticks= splint. 

it would drastically reduce the amount of ammo/firearms needed.. thus the KoS rate+bandit shoot outs for your gear.
PLUS the fact that at the moment... the melee mechanics are just shit... zombie gets 3 hits.. you get one.. it's about as fluid as a piece of wood..
should this be changed.. so the hits are almost realtime (mouse click is hit) only then will melee weapons become popular again.

12 hours ago, therandomredstone said:

If this weapon was implemented among your specifications it would be entirely too OP and over used no matter how difficult to craft. I'm sure once the game has been finished/finalized you may see versions of what you are seeking from fan-made mods, or maybe even as an addition straight from the team. As of right now though, added this stick to the game would be a waste of time in contrast to the other fundamental aspects of the game the devs could be working on.

still <3 TWD - last episode was killer.. (no pun intended)

Best Regards,

Quentin S.

^ @therandomredstone 'fundamental aspects' as in what? more guns? we don't NEED more guns 40+ guns is enough if you ask me... and 'overused' how/why? and you think in the current build 'fal' 'sks' 'SVD' and the upcoming snipers/big machineguns will NOT be overused... sorry to burst ur bubble but heck yeah they will... ever tried walking on NWA with a fal? instantly get your head blown off by some 12 yo kid 'who wants it' LOL... so 'over use' of a 'stick' as you call it... highly DOUBT IT... why? because most people are still scared shitless to come into close contact with players.. when their fully geared.. you won't see a fully geared person randomly walking on the road.. without some form of MP5/SKS/Scorpion/glock 19/fal... NO chance in hell.. most certainly not with 'just a staff/stick'

Edited by Tigermonk
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Tigermonk said:

^ @therandomredstone 'fundamental aspects' as in what? more guns? we don't NEED more guns 40+ guns is enough if you ask me... and 'overused' how/why? and you think in the current build 'fal' 'sks' 'SVD' and the upcoming snipers/big machineguns will NOT be overused... sorry to burst ur bubble but heck yeah they will... ever tried walking on NWA with a fal? instantly get your head blown off by some 12 yo kid 'who wants it' LOL... so 'over use' of a 'stick' as you call it... highly DOUBT IT... why? because most people are still scared shitless to come into close contact with players.. when their fully geared.. you won't see a fully geared person randomly walking on the road.. without some form of MP5/SKS/Scorpion/glock 19/fal... NO chance in hell.. most certainly not with 'just a staff/stick'

Fundamental aspects as in mechanics, performance, optimization, the engine, bugs.. the list can go on. If guns are considered 'fundamental aspects' to you, then you need to spend more time thinking about how games are developed.

'overused' as in if there was a one-shot stick that knocked players unconscious more conveniently than any other melee weapon in the game.. bambi's and other semi-geared players that lacked a working firearm and were knowledgeable of this 'stick' then they would find it pretty neat if they obtained one. If I spawn on the coast on a full server and these 'one shot sticks' were around, they would be plentiful and wielded by people looking for some easy-loot from some unsuspecting players. You said it yourself, "the upcoming snipers/big machineguns will NOT be overused... sorry to burst ur bubble but heck yeah they will". any "snipers" or "big machineguns" that are already in the game or have yet to be implemented are going to be very difficult to obtain. So judging from what you've said, if semi/high-grade military sniper rifles and machineguns are going to be "overused" then how "overused" is a one-hit knockout piece of wood going to be?

Edited by therandomredstone

1 hour ago, therandomredstone said:

Fundamental aspects as in mechanics, performance, optimization, the engine, bugs.. the list can go on. If guns are considered 'fundamental aspects' to you, then you need to spend more time thinking about how games are developed.

'overused' as in if there was a one-shot stick that knocked players unconscious more conveniently than any other melee weapon in the game.. bambi's and other semi-geared players that lacked a working firearm and were knowledgeable of this 'stick' then they would find it pretty neat if they obtained one. If I spawn on the coast on a full server and these 'one shot sticks' were around, they would be plentiful and wielded by people looking for some easy-loot from some unsuspecting players. You said it yourself, "the upcoming snipers/big machineguns will NOT be overused... sorry to burst ur bubble but heck yeah they will". any "snipers" or "big machineguns" that are already in the game or have yet to be implemented are going to be very difficult to obtain. So judging from what you've said, if semi/high-grade military sniper rifles and machineguns are going to be "overused" then how "overused" is a one-hit knockout piece of wood going to be?

To be fair, if this was implemented, it wouldn't be that the staff would be overpowered, it is that 99% of all the other melee weapons in the game are under-powered. Day Z is the only game I play where you can crack someone in the head with a hammer, or stab them with a knife, and they won't die.

"Balance" the other melee weapons, and we might get somewhere.

Besides, if you make a staff, you have zero reason not to carve/attach a point on the end, making a spear.

Edited by Whyherro123

1 hour ago, Whyherro123 said:

To be fair, if this was implemented, it wouldn't be that the staff would be overpowered, it is that 99% of all the other melee weapons in the game are under-powered. Day Z is the only game I play where you can crack someone in the head with a hammer, or stab them with a knife, and they won't die.

Besides, if you make a staff, you have zero reason not to carve/attach a point on the end, making a spear.

Never really looked at it that way but it's so true. Maybe if they boosted the power of other melee weapons this staff wouldn't be such a problem.

5 hours ago, Whyherro123 said:

first of spears are confirmed for the game second the staff/stick will do no dmg to players and that will make it perfect for people like me who doesn't wanna kill when a situation get dangerous, so if i could knock them out fast i would be so happy :)

R.I.P my English :(

10 hours ago, therandomredstone said:

who says that stick is a one hit wonder... this isn't TWD like that guy who made this topic claims.. NO stick in dayz is... if it was.. I would just get an ashwood stick and sweep a military camp in no time... just saying..

i've never said 'guns' are a 'fundamental asset' because I hate the amount of guns in game... 40+ guns... 50% is NEVER used by players... WO1 P1 pistol? really? really?! NO.... i've stated this on the forums many many times over... the devs should focus MORE on getting this game to 'work' in the first place.. rather than adding gun after gun after gun after gun.. with all its time consuming 'load mechanisms/animations/gun sounds etc.' because if half the guns arent even used.. why are they IN the game... LOL

4 hours ago, p1nd said:

first of spears are confirmed for the game second the staff/stick will do no dmg to players and that will make it perfect for people like me who doesn't wanna kill when a situation get dangerous, so if i could knock them out fast i would be so happy :)

R.I.P my English :(

You do realize that staffs (your "stick") are really lethal in real life, right? They can break bones with ease, and crush someones skull just as easily.

If anything, making a staff less lethal than it should be would just be annoying.

I can't wait for the first mod that provides abundant and powerful non-lethal weapons. It would be awesome if it was easier to rob/subdue other players than it was to murder them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Whyherro123 said:

You do realize that staffs (your "stick") are really lethal in real life, right? They can break bones with ease, and crush someones skull just as easily.

If anything, making a staff less lethal than it should be would just be annoying.

'You do realize that staffs (your "stick") are really lethal in real life, right?' <-> you DO know that this is NOT real life.. this is (call of) dayZ a game that has its flaws since day 1... if this was 'real life' I wouldn't roll with an SKS... I'd just make make a barbwire bat.. set it on fire and swing at you... for shits and giggles.. 'that's fo real brah' DayZ is NOT real... lol I'll "tap' on you the head 5 times in the time it takes dayZ to do that once... because 'that's real life' 

15 hours ago, Tigermonk said:

who says that stick is a one hit wonder... this isn't TWD like that guy who made this topic claims.. NO stick in dayz is... if it was.. I would just get an ashwood stick and sweep a military camp in no time... just saying..

i've never said 'guns' are a 'fundamental asset' because I hate the amount of guns in game... 40+ guns... 50% is NEVER used by players... WO1 P1 pistol? really? really?! NO.... i've stated this on the forums many many times over... the devs should focus MORE on getting this game to 'work' in the first place.. rather than adding gun after gun after gun after gun.. with all its time consuming 'load mechanisms/animations/gun sounds etc.' because if half the guns arent even used.. why are they IN the game... LOL

The guy who made this topic was suggesting for a 'one-hit wonder' so my response was based simply off of his specifications. You're still not getting any point across that has not already been proven. I never said you thought guns were a fundamental aspect. I said "if" they were considered a fundamental aspect to you, since that's what you thought I meant when I said fundamental aspects. But that's enough banter for one topic. auf wiedersehen.