Sign in to follow this  
DHawks

DayZ QA Q&A Video

Very nice.
Any eta or idea on when the new Bug Tracker will be accessible to the public ?
I know that many are asking this question and that it is perhaps not on the TopOfTheToDo list but I believe it important, if we consider the soon™ to be released 0.60 Exp build.

Thank you and keep up the good work.

:ô/\ô:

Edited by Brokenbones

10 minutes ago, Brokenbones said:

i-snip-

if we consider the soon™ to be released 0.60 Exp build.

-snip-

I think you mean the "when its ready™" to be released 0.60 build ;)

But excellent video! Great to hear more from the team behind the scenes of the game we all love!

7 hours ago, Brokenbones said:

snip                                                              :ô/\ô:

I check every day, thinking that as soon as it is up, .60 will be ready.  I know it is a massive amount of information to carry over, but I kinda feel like it should have been done by now; I get the impression that it is sitting there waiting for .60 to drop, so people won't be tempted to report .59 bugs. (As I might still be doing if it were currently up...)

i realy hope the new feedback tracker will allow normal users to see uploaded media (screenshots/videos).

people referred to their screenshots so often in their reports, and you never reaqly knew if you experienced the same problem or not, just because you couldn't see it.

and from my point of view the average report on the feedbacktracker wasn't helpful.

40% or more duplicates, 20% decent and 20% good reports (rest was complaints about beeing banned, complaints about hackers and player stuck), that's how it has been, as far as i remember that time loooong ago :)

Edited by HaseDesTodes

HEY!!! My question got used in the video!!! Thanks dev team!! I know it was a simple question but I am honored to see my name next to the question!!!! 

THANKS !!!!! 

On 05/04/2016 at 9:01 PM, HaseDesTodes said:

i realy hope the new feedback tracker will allow normal users to see uploaded media (screenshots/videos).

The reason for that was that there were some concerns about crash dumps sometimes containing potentially sensitive information. Mantis only allows you to restrict access to all of the attachments (you can't specify only a certain type to be restricted) and that is why they were all restricted to only be accessible by the ticket creator and the moderators/devs.

• Like 1

Thanks for this insight into the QA process.

Of course, only now do I think of a relevant question....

How often do they use the posts detailing bugs and problems that get posted in the Experimental and Stable threads on the official forum?

Does SMoss or someone similar take notes on things we post here and pass it on or do the QA team members themselves sometimes follow the threads when the builds are new or possibly throughout?

I mainly ask because many of us put our detailed experiences in those threads hoping someone involved sees them there.