Has there ever been a black one? Can't think of seeing one

Edited by ultimoses

I have a couple in storage, but I haven't touched them for quite some time.  I'm starting to wonder if items housed in persistent storage containers actually do count against the CLE spawn targets.  i have a couple fairly large camps still standing on a public server, and I have noticed that helicopter loot is not very good anymore.  But like clockwork, whenever I lose a top-tier gun, it is almost immediately replaced by a new one spawning at the helicrashes.

• Like 2

Yeah, it spawns, had one the other day.

• Like 2

Is it really that rare? I've not found many of them and my friends always snatch them and get killed :) True, most of them are beige, but I'm usually finding a beige one and then a black one a few days later. Come to think of it, I've developed an obsession with clothes. I have a couple of favorite outfits I always collect; they basically take up half a car tent. One of them is the all-black gear, including M65. Another is the hero look with just the checkered shirt+holster and blue jeans; reminds me of the mod days :)

Dayz is becoming a regular dress-up-game for me. Minus the romance.

sometimes I can't find any, and other times I find several.  right now I have a full black suit except for that - making due with a black tactical jacket.  had a black drybag but the big white logo on the back seemed too visible so I use a black crafted leather sack (it's actually brown but I think it's less visible than the drybag).  the black tactical jacket and the black crafted leather jacket (which is actually pitch black) don't have the little triangle of white on the front.

it's too bad about the dev's insistence on the toolbar limitations based on what you wear.  there's lots of things I would rather (as a gamer and roleplayer) wear than an m65 but an m65 is necessary now to get all 10 hotbar slots.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, emuthreat said:

I'm starting to wonder if items housed in persistent storage containers actually do count against the CLE spawn targets.  i have a couple fairly large camps still standing on a public server, and I have noticed that helicopter loot is not very good anymore.  But like clockwork, whenever I lose a top-tier gun, it is almost immediately replaced by a new one spawning at the helicrashes.

I have seen what I consider proof of this concept. Private hives really show it off when large camps exist. I could be wrong, but Im convinced at this point its happening.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Red_Ensign said:

t's too bad about the dev's insistence on the toolbar limitations based on what you wear.  there's lots of things I would rather (as a gamer and roleplayer) wear than an m65 but an m65 is necessary now to get all 10 hotbar slots.

This. I hate it when stuff like this forces all players to funnel into a specific loadout. It's similar to when a particular thing is overpowered in an RPG or shooter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColdAtrophy said:

This. I hate it when stuff like this forces all players to funnel into a specific loadout. It's similar to when a particular thing is overpowered in an RPG or shooter.

I cant wait to unlock my RAMBO soft skills. 

1 hour ago, lrishjake said:

I have seen what I consider proof of this concept. Private hives really show it off when large camps exist. I could be wrong, but Im convinced at this point its happening.

Good, I was starting to think that I was the only CLE heretic.  It sure did make me feel better about not finding any FNXs for a month, when I later found a camp with half a dozen of them.

On a side note, the camp looked eerily similar to one that I had believed despawned, right down to my love of gasmasks and cowboy hats, and ColdAtrophy's token gas lamp.  No way to know for sure unless they make it so we can permanently engrave guns.  (I'll carve RAMBO into all of mine, so people will be afraid to keep them)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

permanently engrave guns.  

This, I would encourage the devs to work on. 

I'm still waiting for tactical underpants, so I can sew my name into the elastic.  I'm tired of people killing me and then thinking that my name is Calvin Klein.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

I'm still waiting for tactical underpants, so I can sew my name into the elastic.  I'm tired of people killing me and then thinking that my name is Calvin Klein.

tumblr_mszr69DeIp1shlmnso4_500.gif

• Like 1