Sign in to follow this  
Ultimoses

Amazing audio incoming!

Unfortunately, we didn't hear much new info on the so called "audio engine enhancements", as it's stated on DayZ's Trello. But in the most recent status report, Hicks goes over the remaining tasks for the dev team prior to the 1.0 release, and among them is the "Eden Update Audio Tech merge". And jeez, this is huge! You can get a small example of how DayZ might sound once this is in on their official website: https://arma3.com/news/top-10-arma-3-eden-update-audio   

Oh boy, I'm so excited for the months ahead :D

3D sound is super exciting!

Coupled with Occulus support this would make for an awe inspiring DayZ experience.

• Like 2

Sound is awesome in latest Arma 3 update. When you are in city suburbs but there is gufight in city you hear eco of gunshots. I survived real war and I can tell you its 95% realistic.

2 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

3D sound is super exciting!

Coupled with Occulus support this would make for an awe inspiring DayZ experience.

I would be willing to put faith back into SA if this was announced, or maybe we shouldn't ask this until beta?

Joking aside, i really think this is cool, but reading reports the VR stuff is very lacking and we need better products out there? i dont know, since i dont own one. My major concern would be, how long before i get annoyed by it and start getting headaches.

News on that i found out why i was getting so many headaches in SA, dayz out of sync too, but it was mainly the discs in my neck going out of position and i would start to get headaches. Nerve being pinched. Sorry off topic.