Sign in to follow this  
Luc Tonnerre

Zombies start moving when players are nearby?!?!

uuhmmmmmm... I am not sure how to put this buuuuuuuuuut, wasn't this "zombies giving away players" one of the reasons for creating the Standalone?
I mean, we could just play Arma 3 with Zombies because now it doesn't matter if the zeds spawn or start moving when players are nearby - they give away players in both cases.

weird choice really.

Are there any infos about this? Because If this doesn't change I won't play this game for sure. I really hope this is just some kind of game-mechanic test or something along that line.

Edited by Luc Tonnerre
  • Like 2

Haha, I have been  been waiting so long for someone to notice this and bring it up! Thank you

Hopefully its something that gets addressed further down the road.

• Like 2

I really hope the mighty DayZ gods (aka. dev team) won't stand for it

Edited by Luc Tonnerre

I believe it's to do with a memory related thing, which I hope they can sort out because it's a pain in the ass to be honest

• Like 1

This is a bug and as soon the feedback tracker is up we should just highlight this and they will fix it.

@eugenharton Sorry for dragging you in but maybe you can look into this?

Edited by barelyinfected
  • Like 1

Zombie AI simulation is tied to network bubble, they should have idle set of animations and roaming behaviour when they are in yours. Probably a bug. I`ll look into it.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, eugenharton said:

Zombie AI simulation is tied to network bubble, they should have idle set of animations and roaming behaviour when they are in yours. Probably a bug. I`ll look into it.

Thanks Eugen, I appreciate it. Currently everyone but most noticeably NWA travelers are using it to look across the airfield to determine a player is in the direct area or not. You can check this in most of the streams. I think it's about 500 meters and the zombies will freeze completely. Meaning there is no one around in a 500 meter radius around the zombie.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, eugenharton said:

that makes sense :D

Thanks

(just to confirm: There will be no "magic" indicators for nearby players at all?)

1 hour ago, Luc Tonnerre said:

that makes sense :D

Thanks

(just to confirm: There will be no "magic" indicators for nearby players at all?)

why would there be? that's not 'realism' and thats something their trying to push in this game in recent months... you can LOOK at what zombies are doing.. but thats not really a BIG game breaker.. since that would also apply in real life scenarios xD

• Like 2

In a real life Apocalypse - you come over the brow of a hill and look down on a town - you see zombies moving about and you see them closing in on some location in town

you know there's some poor dumb survivor in there who got the zombies excited..

what do you do - go in to help him, or fire a couple of shots to draw the zombies off, or stay away because he's probably a psycho ? Or stay up high in cover to snipe him when he breaks out?

ATM in DayZ you can make those same decisions.

- how is that "magic" ?

:)

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 4

I like to think of it as a mini game of freeze tag.

# its a feature ?

• Like 1

If it's a bug it's been in there for several patches. I know the zombies behaved this way when the moving still accepted the long range scope.

• Like 1

Well, I like the idea of having zombies following a single zed who slowly lurches towards a player (maybe because it got semi-aggroed)

I like semi-aggro

1 hour ago, barelyinfected said:

No, the freezing zombies is something that got introduced this patch.

No, it isn't.

I know I used it in Novo to see if anyone was around during .57 (I think). It was certainly before this patch because I used the mosin with LRS.

why would it be annoying for zombies to aggro on a player its part of the game. i guess if you dont want xzombies to move around or agro on you either dont go to big cities or axe them to stop moving. 

12 hours ago, stinkenheim said:

No, it isn't.

I know I used it in Novo to see if anyone was around during .57 (I think). It was certainly before this patch because I used the mosin with LRS.

Alright, if you have proof of that I'd love to see it. I really feel it got introduced this patch.

Edited by barelyinfected

7 hours ago, Exiled_Soul said:

why would it be annoying for zombies to aggro on a player its part of the game. i guess if you dont want xzombies to move around or agro on you either dont go to big cities or axe them to stop moving. 

I think you misunderstood something

1 hour ago, barelyinfected said:

Alright, if you have proof of that I'd love to see it. I really feel it got introduced this patch.

I'll check. Not sure if I had my new pc or not then but I certainly used it when loot spawned like crazy in those guard houses. Novo is an underused town but had a fair few of those in the industrial area. I was able to sit on top of the radio tower and gauge when players were coming in because zombies would suddenly start moving.

Couldn't have been .58 because there were no zombies in the game.

As I say, I'll check my hdd and see. If not then we'll just have to agree to disagree. 

On 29.3.2016 at 0:46 PM, Luc Tonnerre said:

LA CASSETTE DE LUC TONNERRE!

(Sorry  but it had to be done)

Edited by Rauchsauger
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, lrishjake said:

I like to think of it as a mini game of freeze tag.

# its a feature ?

If you are really stealthy you can crawl up close behind a frozen zombie and stand up and head butt him before he susses you
This only works if you are naked and your underwear is wet (so they can't smell you)
Otherwise they turn round and jump on you however quiet you are
This might work with goats too

I tried once with chickens but they have 360 eyesight

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

If you are really stealthy you can crawl up close behind a frozen zombie and stand up and head butt him before he susses you
This only works if you are naked and your underwear is wet (so they can't smell you)
Otherwise they turn round and jump on you however quiet you are
This might work with goats too

I tried once with chickens but they have 360 eyesight

wh00t??? wet underpants and zeds can smell now?

r u sirius? o_0

2 hours ago, Rauchsauger said:

LA CASSETTE DE LUC TONNERRE!

(Sorry  but it had to be done)

hehe, oui oui

salut, ça va? ça va bien, et toi?

:p

Edited by Luc Tonnerre