Sign in to follow this  
idie

Respawn far away from your death location

Hi guyZ,

It would be cool if there was a system like:

you die at berezino, you cannot respawn near this city for the next 30 minutes, even if you suicide to try to spawn there.

I explain myself, last time, I was at Solni' when I started fighting a 4 man squad, I killed three of them, but in the mean time, one of them just respawn next to the city, so he came back and looted his own dead bodie to take back his weapon and his gear to fight me again.

4 guys to kill was Ok but not 5 !

Is anything planed on this problem ?

Have a nice dayZ guyZ

I hope not, thats part of the DayZ experience, you don't know where you're gonna spawn, plus if you aren't spawning at one location it means you've got more chance at spawning at a good location e.g near electro

I feel like the odds of that happening usually is pretty slim, and that minor chance it will happen shouldn't tip us into the spawning system we have already, because it's a pretty solid system already.

Maybe in the future, but in its current state this will ruin the community, same goes for adding stamina or mod support. 

People already hate how they have to either walk for 20 minutes or respawn for 10 minutes before they can even play how it is

Looting your own body IS a problem, but I regard far-away-spawn as the wrong way to tackle it.

Spawns should be all over the map. Also set a timer for each suicide, increase the time by five minutes. A lot of players abuse the "suicide bug".

• Like 1

Well,

this was not the first time it happened to me, and I think it happens all the time.

How many times I killed a guy in a spawn area (like cherno) and he was back 5 minutes later to try to kill me... I don't have a number, but it is huge !

Everybody agree that you should not loot your own body, but you can spawn right next to it ? There is a problem here.

When you die in a game like DayZ, you should not have a second chance.

On 24/03/2016 at 0:33 AM, thefriendlydutchman said:

People already hate how they have to either walk for 20 minutes or respawn for 10 minutes before they can even play how it is

no - NOT everybody
The DayZ game bottom-line is that you start out as a lone survivor somewhere on the map.  Metagaming lets you cut that out and turn it into a team PvP game, but not everybody wants that. No

15 minutes ago, idie said:

Everybody agree that you should not loot your own body, but you can spawn right next to it ? There is a problem here.

no - NOT everybody.
Teams keep the body's gear for their friend, and plenty of players loot their own bodies when they can. Not everbody has special agreed gaming standards. No

My suggestion:

Edited by pilgrim*

On 29/3/2016 at 6:45 PM, pilgrim* said:

no - NOT everybody.
Teams keep the body's gear for their friend, and plenty of players loot their own bodies when they can. Not everbody has special agreed gaming standards. No

Of course, not everybody

I think you should be able to loot your own body too.

Especially while the game is in alpha/beta and you can die because you walked on a little rock...

This was just a personal statistic I've maid, I read a lot of people saying you should not be able to do that.

On 29-3-2016 at 6:45 PM, pilgrim* said:

no - NOT everybody
The DayZ game bottom-line is that you start out as a lone survivor somewhere on the map.  Metagaming lets you cut that out and turn it into a team PvP game, but not everybody wants that. No

no - NOT everybody.

My suggestion:

Not at all what im saying, most people dont play alone, and if you do play alone looking for other players thats fine, but most players play with friends

anthus simply for that reason the system shouldnt be changed.

55 minutes ago, thefriendlydutchman said:

most players play with friends

(like I said twice already in this same thread)
NO - not everybody

You really want to claim your play style is the only way to play - and want to change the game to fit YOUR play style
But you are wrong, it ain't the only way to play. Say what you look for in DayZ but don't say that's what everyone wants. No - they don't.

12 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

(like I said twice already in this same thread)
NO - not everybody

You really want to claim your play style is the only way to play - and want to change the game to fit YOUR play style
But you are wrong, it ain't the only way to play. Say what you look for in DayZ but don't say that's what everyone wants. No - they don't.

Again thats not what I meant I just generalized the community because that is what MOST people want, (why are we making some words caps I really dont know lol) in other words if we add this function a small portion of the community would be happy but more people would be pissed anthus it shouldnt be added

..when you have to explain abc to someone...

5 hours ago, thefriendlydutchman said:

I just generalized the community because that is what MOST people want,

No - it is not what most people want
Why is this difficult to understand? Speak for yourself but please don't tell the community what they want - If you do this, I will in turn tell you that the community 100% thinks you are wrong - then it will be your turn to tell me I am wrong, OK?

does anyone follow this ? (I am not most people, you are not most people, he is not most people ..)

and anyway, it's a very poor idea [ed: to modify respawn locations based on previous spawns] and it won't work, (whoever wants it) - Think it through. It is totally open to abuse and it would wreck the game. good grief!

:)

Edited by pilgrim*
for clarity

Just now, pilgrim* said:

No - it is not what most people want
Why is this difficult to understand? Speak for yourself but please don't tell the community what they want - If you do this, I will in turn tell you that the community 100% thinks you are wrong - then it will be your turn to tell me I am wrong, OK?

does anyone follow this ? (I am not most people, you are not most people, he is not most people ..)

and anyway, it's a very poor idea and it won't work, (whoever wants it) - Think it through. It is totally open to abuse and it would wreck the game. good grief!

thats exactly what I said ''most people do not want this suggestion.'' I think we misunderstood eachother

''I will in turn tell you that the community 100% things you are wrong.'' ah the irony.

so you tell me that I dont know what the majority of the community wants, but you do know? LMAO the amount of hypocricy

On 31/03/2016 at 2:13 PM, thefriendlydutchman said:

"'I will in turn tell you that the community 100% things you are wrong.'' ah the irony.

so you tell me that I dont know what the majority of the community wants, but you do know? LMAO the amount of hypocricy

1 )  Sometimes I do use gentle irony because it is better to remain polite, but just now I am not using "irony" -  I am using your own argument exactly, to show how weak it is - by me pretending to be the spokesman of the community instead of you. I am not the spokesman of the community.

2 )  I am not the majority of players, dude, I am one player. - How many players are you ?

3 ) you quote me saying " I don't know what the majority of the community wants - but you tell me you do know ? "  now Laugh Your Ass off Again.  What have I said that is hypocritical ?

I usually try to be polite - I try to be logical - I try to understand that other players are not me. I will appreciate the same effort from you - and accept you have a level of comprehension, and we can have a useful discussion. 

My own suggestion linked earlier, aims to reduce suicide-travel metagaming. I strongly dislike respspawn abuse.
My link is to a thread where the OP's and other spawn suggestions are mooted - this thread should usefully have been merged with that In-My-O
(this is my individual one-off, solo, opinion, out of my own head: take it leave it, or put it to the vote. I am not  a "god-told-me" fanatic, or the voice of the people, nor a demagogue, I'm just a dude passing in the street, ya know?)

Edited by pilgrim*

Yeah...fuck that. Honestly the current state of DayZ is already fucked due to the bugs and glitches, you know I had a friend a couple of days ago fall off 2 steps of stairs and died? He did not jump of course, he slid down the stairs and died. Yeah a 30 minute timer away also  would be like me committing suicide in all the towns and still having that annoying timer on so I wouldn't be able to play at all. From my first fact that the bugs in DayZ are too fucked up for any of this and honestly I do not even like the fact how I spawn 30 miles away from Cherno in Berezino when I've been killed by a hacker. So yeah.

Edited by Cavity