Sign in to follow this  
Xbow

Mosin Nagant Sporter

Given the fact that Chernarus is an eastern European country I think that the Mosin Nagant is under represented. Especially since Mosin Nagant Sporters are quite common in eastern Europe as is the 7.62 x 54R cartridle. The weapon should be able to take either a PU scope, a hunting rifle scope OR just the iron sighte. 

8334871.jpg

Just an idea. Would this weapon have a place in the game? 

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 1

Meh , I'd rather not have another exact replica of the sporter / mosin / izh 18 (or anything that mixes them)... Let's get some variety now ! Enough with the civilian , if we're gonna get new guns let us have the bizon or the m-240 or something exciting !

41 minutes ago, blackberrygoo said:

Meh , I'd rather not have another exact replica of the sporter / mosin / izh 18 (or anything that mixes them)... Let's get some variety now ! Enough with the civilian , if we're gonna get new guns let us have the bizon or the m-240 or something exciting !

I'm on the opposite side of that spectrum, I couldn't give a damn about more military guns. We need more variety in the 'civilian arsenal'. It's a survival game, so those military guns should be a lot fewer than the civilian, and much harder to grab (Because let's face it, you can get decked out completely in less than a day) However, based off my limited knowledge of guns here, I wouldn't see the point in THIS particular one. It, as blackberrygoo said, is practically a replica (As far as I can tell, prove me if I'm wrong)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zyriun said:

I'm on the opposite side of that spectrum, I couldn't give a damn about more military guns. We need more variety in the 'civilian arsenal'. It's a survival game, so those military guns should be a lot fewer than the civilian, and much harder to grab (Because let's face it, you can get decked out completely in less than a day) However, based off my limited knowledge of guns here, I wouldn't see the point in THIS particular one. It, as blackberrygoo said, is practically a replica (As far as I can tell, prove me if I'm wrong)

A replica of what the !Z18? That's horse shit the IZh 18 is a BREAK OPEN single shot rifle in 7.62x 39 while a Mosin Nagant of any type is a 5 shot BOLT ACTION in 7.62 x 54R. The weapon is only comparable to  the Winchester Model 70 (but in 7.62 x 54R instead of .308. So please tell me how is that a replica of anything. The last thing I want to see is DayZ devolving into ARMA because some fan boys want to sport military arms and even Light Machine guns. 

I want to see wat people would really have like this semi automatic Remington 742

1411037_01_remington_742_woodsmaster_308

OR The semiautomatic HK model 940in .223 (5.56mm or .308)) R5467d__56777.jpg

and this Mauser K98 in 7.92 x 57 173999f07339c32fb89b2f62c3ab00a6.jpg

Mauser K98 sporter in 7.92 x 5735677x1.jpg

and now for the absurd bullshit

23lb M240 barrett-m240-lightweight-762mm.jpg  or this 20 pound PKM 500px-HungarianPKM.jpg

So there are clowns that  want a M240s and PKMs  belt fed machine gun. But that's just swell as long as the 240 weight +23lbs and uses 100 round disintegrating link belts and the PKM weights 20lbs and uses a non disintegrating belt (how hard should those be to find?) .**Enough with the boring military small arms for the Fan Boys**. here is a CLUE these LMGs are CREW SERVED weapons not individual weapons they make as much sense in DaZ as the terminators mini gun.      

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Xbow said:

A replica of what the !Z18? That's horse shit the IZh 18 is a BREAK OPEN single shot rifle in 7.62x 39 while a Mosin Nagant of any type is a 5 shot BOLT ACTION in 7.62 x 54R. The weapon is only comparable to  the Winchester Model 70 (but in 7.62 x 54R instead of .308. So please tell me how is that a replica of anything. The last thing I want to see is DayZ devolving into ARMA because some fan boys want to sport military arms and even Light Machine guns. 

I want to see wat people would really have like this semi automatic Remington 742

1411037_01_remington_742_woodsmaster_308

OR The semiautomatic HK model 940in .223 (5.56mm or .308)) R5467d__56777.jpg

and this Mauser K98 in 7.92 x 57 173999f07339c32fb89b2f62c3ab00a6.jpg

Mauser K98 sporter in 7.92 x 5735677x1.jpg

and now for the absurd bullshit

23lb M240 barrett-m240-lightweight-762mm.jpg  or this 20 pound PKM 500px-HungarianPKM.jpg

So there are clowns that  want a M240s and PKMs  belt fed machine gun. But that's just swell as long as they weight +20lbs and uses 100 round disintegrating link belts (how hard should those be to find?) .**Enough with the boring military small arms for the Fan Boys**. here is a CLUE these LMGs are CREW SERVED weapons not individual weapons they make as much sense in DaZ as the terminators mini gun.      

Oh my god, yes! They defintely need to add the Mauser Karbiner 98 kurz. In my opinion it's the most beautiful rifle I have ever seen, a typical German masterpiece!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IMT said:

Oh my god, yes! They defintely need to add the Mauser Karbiner 98 kurz. In my opinion it's the most beautiful rifle I have ever seen, a typical German masterpiece!

I agree I I have three k98s two Yugos and one early war german made gun (my favorite). I would never make a sporter out of any of them (dont fuck with perfection) I did however have my best Yougo Mauser K98  refitted with a Lothar Wathher barrel in .308 winchester, a replica scope and mount, a Timnet trigger and had it glass bedded.  it can hold a 1.5 min group out to 1000m (thats 15 inches at 1000 meters.  The German real deal can hold a 2min group out to 800m right out of the box.   

Edited by Xbow

6 minutes ago, Xbow said:

I agree I I have three k98s two Yugos and one early war german made gun (my favorite). I would never make a sporter out of any of them (dont fuck with perfection) I did however have my best Yougo Mauser K98  refitted with a Lothar Wathher barrel in .308 winchester, a replica scope and mount, a Timnet trigger and had it glass bedded.  it can hold a 1.5 min group out to 1000m (thats 15 inches at 1000 meters.  The German real deal can hold a 2min group out to 800m right out of the box.   

My guess is that you're from the United States? I think it's real hard to shoot or own such a beatiful gun here in Europe, it's a real shame. I want to shoot the thing once in my life though, I just have to.

Edited by IMT

Due to the location Chernarus takes place in, it would make since for a lager proportion of the guns found in cites, settlements, homes, etc. to be fed by 7.62 rounds. I really believe that the civilian variety in the game is not as diverse as it should be so +1 for more civilian guns. 

11 hours ago, IMT said:

My guess is that you're from the United States? I think it's real hard to shoot or own such a beatiful gun here in Europe, it's a real shame. I want to shoot the thing once in my life though, I just have to.

Yes I am from the USA. Something that confuses me is why many Western European countries are against their citizens owning guns. It seems especially strange to me because the USA's tradition of gun ownership and sporting arm manufacture for civilian use comes to us from the American born Dutch and German gunsmiths of the early 18th century. And it seems that the Eastern Europeans have an easier time owning rifles and shotguns.

Take a look at this Rifle it was the last bolt action produced for military use. The .30-06  Danish Madsen M47 rifle

dm2845-58.JPG

If I could find one I would buy it instantly

Edited by Xbow

2 hours ago, Xbow said:

Yes I am from the USA. Something that confuses me is why many Western European countries are against their citizens owning guns. It seems especially strange to me because the USA's tradition of gun ownership and sporting arm manufacture for civilian use comes to us from the American born Dutch and German gunsmiths of the early 18th century. And it seems that the Eastern Europeans have an easier time owning rifles and shotguns.

Take a look at this Rifle it was the last bolt action produced for military use. The .30-06  Danish Madsen M47 rifle

If I could find one I would buy it instantly

That's strange indeed, as far as I know the people in The Netherlands itself are against guns. In my honest opinion, I think guns should be allowed for recreational use. You can shoot a gun at a shooting range over here but shooting a Mauser Kar 98k will be pretty hard here. It's a shame because I absolutely love weapons of WW2.

That's a nice gun but still doesn't beat the Mauser Kar 98k for me. You can say what ever you want about the Germans in the war but they produced some damn fine weapons.

2 hours ago, IMT said:

I absolutely love weapons of WW2. ..//..
You can say what ever you want about the Germans in the war but they produced some damn fine weapons.

Yep - and put them to fine use until there weren't enough men left in Germany to do it any more.
You are saying the inventors and manufacturers and government did not use these weapons exactly as they were designed to be used?

2 hours ago, IMT said:

That's strange indeed, as far as I know the people in The Netherlands itself are against guns. In my honest opinion, I think guns should be allowed for recreational use. You can shoot a gun at a shooting range over here but shooting a Mauser Kar 98k will be pretty hard here. It's a shame because I absolutely love weapons of WW2.

That's a nice gun but still doesn't beat the Mauser Kar 98k for me. You can say what ever you want about the Germans in the war but they produced some damn fine weapons.

I dont know if the Madsen M47 is as good as the k98 ( I tend to doubt it), my interest is that it is simply an interesting rifle. I like this one as well the M1903A3 Rifle in 30-06 its a Mauser pattern rifle. These served as the US Army /USMC sniper rifle before the M1 Garand. Considered to be the best Sniper Rifle of WW-II (But hey its really a Mauser)   

100_7018.jpg

THis was the springfields replacement

m1cm1d_sniper_rifles_800.jpg

I agree the Germans made some great weapons in WW-II the two most interesting ones to me are

The FG-42

RHEINMETALL%20GERMANY%20FG42%20SECOND%20

and the MP-44

a-sturmgewehr-44-assault-rifle-44-modifi

Sturmgewehr Assault Rifle

2 hours ago, pilgrim * said:

Yep - and put them to fine use until there weren't enough men left in Germany to do it any more.
You are saying the inventors and manufacturers and government did not use these weapons exactly as they were designed to be used?

All I'm saying is that even they used them for the wrong reasons, they were still some damn fine weapons.

2 hours ago, Xbow said:

I dont know if the Madsen M47 is as good as the k98 ( I tend to doubt it), my interest is that it is simply an interesting rifle. I like this one as well the M1903A3 Rifle in 30-06 its a Mauser pattern rifle. These served as the US Army /USMC sniper rifle before the M1 Garand. Considered to be the best Sniper Rifle of WW-II (But hey its really a Mauser)   

THis was the springfields replacement

I agree the Germans made some great weapons in WW-II the two most interesting ones to me are

The FG-42

and the MP-44

Sturmgewehr Assault Rifle

The Mauser wasn't the best for sniping though, I know that the Mosin Nagant's PU-scope had some advantages over the scope which goes on the Mauser.

And yes, those two are also some good weapons, specially the StG 44. It's the predecessor of the AK-family you all love so much in DayZ. Although people call it a MP-44 sometimes, that name is theoratically wrong. MP stands for Machine Pistole as in SMG like the MP40 was. The Sturmgewehr 44 is an assualt rifle so therefore MP-44 is incorrect. Sturmgewehr literally means assault rifle.

4 minutes ago, IMT said:

All I'm saying is that even they used them for the wrong reasons, they were still some damn fine weapons. ..//..

No problem - brilliant design - very sexy I agree, and they were used for exactly what they were designed for.
That's why we don't get to keep them at home (in Europe)
Also, a good hunting rifle is a lovely thing but we don't have much space left for hunting in, ya know? Just saying. Times change.

On 3/11/2016 at 10:28 AM, IMT said:

The Mauser wasn't the best for sniping though, I know that the Mosin Nagant's PU-scope had some advantages over the scope which goes on the Mauser.

The The Russian PU scope is a piece of crap compared to any of these German optics. And when you add the fact that the Mauser K98 is a far more accurate weapon than the Mosin Nagant.  I cant see how the PU scope makes the Mosin Nagant in any way superior, except perhaps because of its simplicity. The bottom line is that a select sniper grade Mauser K98 with a 4X ZF39 scope makes a Mosin Nagant 91/30 PU sniper rifle  look like a farm implement. .

deb9096241baf863eb84ddd93378187c.jpg

More recently The Mauser ZF39 4X sniper rifles were used to a horrific effect in Kosovo by yje Serbians. My German built K98 with its  ZF39 4X scope can and does turn in 1" to 1.5" Minutes of accuracy or expressed another way can shoot groups of 10" to 15" at 1000 yards.

In general the Mosin Nagant rifle has this reputation...... 

The Mosin Nagant is the first rifle mentioned in this hall od shame. Since I own a Mosin Nagant Mosin Nagant 91/30 PU sniper rifle I can assure you that it is inferior in every way to The Mauser K98 sniper rifle, The Springfield 03-A3 sniper rifle And the Lee Enfield No.4 MK I (T) Sniper Rifle. I own all three of these weapons and have had them all tuned up by a very good gunsmith and the Mosin is dead last in terms of accuracy, smoothness, handling and ease of use. 

Edited by Xbow

Reminds me of this one time I combined a Sporter and a Mosin into one.TpKTZI5.jpg

Good idea, 7.62x54mm rifle that can take a hunting scope, alternative to the M70. +1