-MadTommy

Is there any hope left? Please tell there is!

41 minutes ago, airborneguy said:

I wonder when Bohemia will step in and do something about this mess.

That's all I want. A simple shift in the way they communicate....

That would pretty much solve the abstract negativity. The game is progressing and if big brother comes along to pat us on the head occasionally we pretty much run out of reasons to bitch. The bugs and lack of functionality and features are perfectly ok, seeing as it is a work in progress. Like it or not the game is still in development so no one can complain too harshly about that. I have found myself shifting my impatience over to the management side of things because it is the easiest fault to pick out. Not once have I bitched about bugs and not once have I complained that they should roll back a build because I had more fun playing on a previous one. Two steps forward and one step back is, regrettably, still progress. Once we have better oversight it pretty much returns to just a game in early access...without all the frustrating missed goals and contradicting timelines/roadmaps.

Btw. according to November status report, first goal for 0.60 experimental was before christmas, if memory serves me right ... pretty much no communication apart from a cryptic "there is blockers" since then and a temporary goal update for February, which in turn was missed again. Now we're a quarter of a year behind the original schedule.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Noctoras said:

"there is blockers" 

Damn cock blocking bugs! >:(

• Haha 1

You guys ever see those cheesy "undercover expose" videos? Someone should strap a GoPro onto their heads and just go on a DayZ Studio crash.

Surely there is someone living nearby who could do a bit of investigating for us...right?

Let's call it "PrayZ...The search for truth in the quest to build a classic" LOL !

12 hours ago, [Gen]Adzic said:

II think those that think the game is coming along nicely are truly blessed with DayZ love, how'd you get it? I'd like some.

I guess I remember when the game was a ghost of what it is now and see that improvement has been steady. If you take a crappy game like Fallout 4 one has to remember that it took 4 years of development time before release.  DayZ early Alpha came out in Dec 2013 it is now March 2016. For a complex multiplayer game like DayZ 27 months of dev time (thus far) is not excessive or out of the ordinary.  For $30.00 I rate the early access Alpha as the best bargain I have ever gotten from any game. Bohemia had claimed that mid 2016 would see the release of ver 1.0 I think late 2016 is more realistic (Xmass?). And if it takes longer I am not going to have a duck over it.

But hey Echo the dolphin and my little pony have been completed for long long while perhaps those games would attract the weak sisters more than DayZ

Edited by Xbow

Another week started, still no news about update. Soon it will be 4 months from last update.... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, igor-vk said:

Another week started, still no news about update. Soon it will be 4 months from last update.... 

I+m+just+waiting+for+the+next+console+re

This is me whenever I read these forums.

But I want to be like this..

stickman_o_857014.gif

• Like 2

Motd: "Remember guys, after 060 and beyond this game will start showing ous its true nature!" 

PS Dev team!!! say somthing!!!!! give ous something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xDDDDDDDdddddd

On 4/3/2016 at 0:41 PM, -MadTommy said:

I have a long history of supporting BI.. form Arma1 initial release... I got into the dayz mod, purchased Dayz standalone on release. I have always been positive about its future.  I don't play presently, last gave it a try December 2015, I've been waiting for some tangible progress.  I've reached my limit of faith in the team.  The time in development, the sales and revenue generated.. seriously WTF is going on.  Can anyone convince me there is any hope left?  I wanna believe, i'm NO hater!!

Didn't read through the all topic, sorry about that.

For what matters i'll give you my 2 cents after i've spent 300+ hours in this game. 300+ hours don't make me a vet at all, but i can assure you it's for me the most time i've never put into a videogame. I've had my "fan" moments where everything seemed great, and i've had my "hater" ones where i thought "what the hell are these guys doing, this game is broken".

Do i think they will complete this game? Even though i don't care, i think no, they will not complete the game as we all hope / expect. I think so because dayz has been built on outdated technology (whence the need of a new renderer) and it seems like they realized this way too late, i mean why even launch a 0.1 release if you already know the renderer is not suitable for the game puroposes? 

Seems like there are tech limits that will make this game outdated the day it will eventually launch in 1.0, can you even think, for example, about a game released in 2016 where

- you can't jump

- you can't enter a building whose entrance is 30cm height, nor vault the smaller of obstacles

- you can't hold items in hands without fearing they will disappear

- you fear death when walking on rocks or exit a vehicle

- desync issues make interactions, melee above all, a pain in the arse

- optimization is so low that a server can't handle more than a handful of zombies and cows (i've seen like 3 cows overall)

I'm not even mentioning the things i hope to see fixed with this new renderer, nor the survival features this game promised and still lacks (diseases, weather conditions actually affecting character, hunger and thirst being a real fact only for the fist 10mins after spawn)

My personal conclusion is as follows: i've put 300 hours into this videogame. I actually had fun, and i still do in its current state. Is this game polish? No, it's still a broken game with lots of unattended promises so far. However, i like it and i do enjoy it anyway, so i accept the fact that this is the game i've bought, and i've had something very close to my expectations. Trust me, i'm no hater and i would like to see it finished, but cant lie myself anymore.

Please also note that i don't mean to offend people that is beyond all doubts putting lots of work and effort into this project.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Xbow said:

I guess I remember when the game was a ghost of what it is now and see that improvement has been steady. If you take a crappy game like Fallout 4 one has to remember that it took 4 years of development time before release.  DayZ early Alpha came out in Dec 2013 it is now March 2016. For a complex multiplayer game like DayZ 27 months of dev time (thus far) is not excessive or out of the ordinary.  For $30.00 I rate the early access Alpha as the best bargain I have ever gotten from any game. Bohemia had claimed that mid 2016 would see the release of ver 1.0 I think late 2016 is more realistic (Xmass?). And if it takes longer I am not going to have a duck over it.

But hey Echo the dolphin and my little pony have been completed for long long while perhaps those games would attract the weak sisters more than DayZ

Yes but how long was dayz in development before they released us a pre alpha? 

22 minutes ago, airborneguy said:

Don't matter.. he and other likeminded folk, will still love and defend the game, even if another 3 years passed by.. Makes me right fucking jealous (and have feelings of guilt) that I don't share that same mindset.

I'm a good guy too, you could say.. it takes 3 years to piss me off haha!

• Like 1

On 19-3-2016 at 11:09 AM, S3V3N said:

I guess what we all can agree on is that it is time for change. And many, like myself, have been impatiently waiting for the particular set of changes, the 0.60 release will have in its wake. The thing is - Dayz was for gun-jockeys for a long time. They would find their rifles within an hour and go pew-pew on the coast. Fine - that's one way to play the game. 

Then we got tents+persistence, which put the gun jockey at a disadvantage, because suddenly people on the coast could be as geared as him and players more often had good gear than not; at least those that play organised. 

Then with the CLE and ongoing changes to it, it wasn't as easy to find a weapon anymore, or at least the way they spawn changed. We adapt and we have new things to do, like hunting + some crafting, radios + cars. So the original Pew-Pew game was kinda taken away, or diminished in favor of new mechanics and different ways to play the game. Yet the problem is that none of these "alternatives" are ready to be enjoyed yet. Hunting is probably the most developed of them all, but there aren't enough goals to keep you busy with it.

So what  I'm saying is: we used to see DayZ SA as a PvP-shooter on a huge map, but that was due to the fact that gunplay was one of the few enjoyable things in the game. Now there are more things, but they are broken or incomplete features, so the game is kind of in Limbo right now. It's not a great shooter, if you just want action. It's no survival game either and it isn't a good vehicle simulation or scary zombie game. But now comes a time when all these features CAN finally be made a reality. For the team to miss the rough date for a 0.60 release is hardly inspiring in that regard. If they have that many problems laying the foundations, which terrible bugs and glitches will we have to expect, during the year? And why is there no word about Beta starting in Q2, yet? That's obviously ridiculous and the devs should state so. They should at some point of this development be able to calculate roughly when features are ready. At the moment, Dayz is not the game it's meant to be. So from here on out, I simply expect the devs to do better. Much, much better - in everything. Because, let's face it, they pretty much made fools of themselves in the last year with all the failed patches and announcements. 0.59 being playable like that just barely saved them. But to regain credibility it would really be good to have this patch and future patches arrive on time. I don't care how much work it is. We gave you a year or more, since the new renderer was announced and expected and yet you still don't get it done. So do it! And do it now, before more people start thinking this broken pile of barely playable we have right now is Dayz. 

and again.. we're on the same page bro... very good comment. I mean we can make all the lists we want.. (like I did with the money issue etc and time span/work done etc.) 
but a very long story short.. the devs have just been 'talking' and 'talking' and 'talking' about dayz and not putting out.. their roughly a year behind (beta in Q2 etc) its all on the dayz website.. I've even posted a link of all the stuff they wanted to have finished by 2015.. yes last year.. very tidy list of animals in Q1 this and this in Q2 this and this in Q3.. companion animals/predetors in Q4 its all on the main site.

but as far as that goal... they're roughly 8 months behind on full announced features in X amount of time. so I hope after 0.60 they WTFU otherwise like you said.. they're going to lose their audience thus their cash flow (since their owned by Bohemia) thus their fat paychecks at the end of each month.
it's as simple as that..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, airborneguy said:

Good question. To my understanding it took about a year  to go from  creating the game design document to the Alpha release. 

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Xbow said:

Not sure what you mean by that comment. Are we talking about the Dreamcast version of Echo? Or the 16 bit version and its sequel? Because the 16 bit version while maybe a slight bit more casual is still 100xs more challenging than that of Dayz itself. Dayz is actually more casual than most old retro games for the point being there are always ways to get out of every situation in that game no matter how tough it is. In almost all 8, 16, 32, and 64 bit era games the learning curve is rather steep and way more punishing. In most modern games there are pretty much almost always ways to get out of situations or ways to curve the toughness to a less intense degree.

I just recently fired up my old NES today after fixing it and installing a new piece of hardware and after playing Ninja Gaiden 2 for a few hours i can safely say were pampered as fuck in terms of toughness of todays games.

Edited by Deathlove

5 hours ago, Deathlove said:

Not sure what you mean by that comment. Are we talking about the Dreamcast version of Echo? Or the 16 bit version and its sequel? Because the 16 bit version while maybe a slight bit more casual is still 100xs more challenging than that of Dayz itself. Dayz is actually more casual than most old retro games for the point being there are always ways to get out of every situation in that game no matter how tough it is. In almost all 8, 16, 32, and 64 bit era games the learning curve is rather steep and way more punishing. In most modern games there are pretty much almost always ways to get out of situations or ways to curve the toughness to a less intense degree.

I just recently fired up my old NES today after fixing it and installing a new piece of hardware and after playing Ninja Gaiden 2 for a few hours i can safely say were pampered as fuck in terms of toughness of todays games.

I have never played Echo the Dolphin but I have observed a few people playing it. It seems like a game for weenies.

"We are pampered today", I agree playing some Wasteland or an old Infocom text game like Infidel is proof of that 

Edited by Xbow

1 hour ago, Xbow said:

I have never played Echo the Dolphin but I have observed a few people playing it. It seems like a game for weenies.

With this statement I would have to disagree with you as I own the original one in almost mint condition with box. Much like Dayz Echo was trying for a much different experience with game play. Watching it and playing it are two different things as the game does progress increasingly tougher the deeper you go in.

While I enjoy hard core gore fest games it's still nice to play games like Echo and still be challenging as hell.

I'm not embarrassed to say I played some Echo on the Mega Drive, didn't much like the game I have to say.. but back then when new games weren't coming out every week it gave me something to play until I got Road Rash 2.

• Like 2

since my last comment regarding the DEV list for 2015.. was deleted... I'll just repost some truth...
and forum mods... telling people stuff like: 

Hello there

Pure Twaddle.

I suggest you stop spouting your nonsense if you wish to remain here. You dont have to be a fan of the Game, the devs or us mods but you are in *our* forum and will beHave appropriately.

Lies and/or/slander will not be tolerated.

Rgds

LoK

Edited 6 March by OrLoK

that will not help set the community at ease... there's legit reason for people's frustration.. this is ONE of them:
https://dayz.com/blog/dayz-moving-into-2015

yes this is off your OFFICIAL dayz website... clear as day... it stated the dev. plans for the entire 2015 (yes 2015 not 2016) 
like i've stated in previous comments.. the devs are at LEAST 6 months behind schedule.
at the current rate of progress their putting out 3 updates/year and this rate is steadly DEcreasing.. 0.60 november/0.60 in February/0.60 in march/0.60 in ???? 
since its almost april.. we'll just say april.. that leaves 20+ updates until BETA release which was planned for Q4 2015

'Q4 2015'

BETA version

Animal companions (dog, horse)

Steam community integration (Achievements, Steamworks modding, etc)

Construction (building shelters / walls / ...)

so the people have a very good reason to doubt the devs commitment on the deadline,
since it stretched onward and onward leading into spring 2016 with an update planned for Q3 LAST year.

I'm not saying it will never be finished like the other guy did (thats what the mod responded to like this) 
but that doesn't justify a direct threat by the forum mods to force people to shut up and 'get back in line'

that's not how the internet works.. and most certainly not how freedom of speech and expression works in the world.

regards,

tigermonk

Edited by Tigermonk
  • Like 2

I just had an interesting bug, my character got glitched away into the void. I was on a server that had always been reliable there were a few  other players on the server but I knew that those characters we shooting up the zombies NWAF.  I ended my session in a dense thicket of pine trees  about 4km away from the NWAF. When I logged back on to the server I was on the Coast. I exited and tried a couple different servers...on the coast on all cases. I gave the situation a mighty Fuck Me!!!  Then I spent ook a few hours to get completely geared up and resupplied with consumables again.  

I accept this kind of thing after all the game is in Alpha but I have to tell you I really am looking forward to the day when glitches like the one I experienced are as rare as hen's teeth. Am I bitching nope But hence forth I am going to steer clear of that server.  

There is indeed hope, and even if you get glitch-killed you have the pleasure of going back to square one, assembling your stash again, and using your wits instead of your firepower for awhile.

Cheers          

On 3/23/2016 at 2:14 AM, [Gen]Adzic said:

I'm not embarrassed to say I played some Echo on the Mega Drive, didn't much like the game I have to say.. but back then when new games weren't coming out every week it gave me something to play until I got Road Rash 2.

I played Jaws Unleashed by the same people that made Echo...I liked it for awhile. 

On 18/03/2016 at 1:16 PM, -MadTommy said:

I'll reinstall when 0.6 comes out i suppose.  People saying be patient and don't you realise they are rewriting millions of lines of code etc..that is the problem, it's the ever lasting set backs that have eroded my faith over the years.  There always seems to be an excuse why nothing ever gets done in a timely fashion and the holy grail is always just around the corner.  Now it's "when the new renderer is in everything will fall into place".. well I really hope its true, but anyone who is holding their breath is likely gonna turn very purple.

I really do hope things work out.  I love the Arma engine/sandbox/survival thing, but the game is no better now than it was 2 years ago, sure stuff has been added but to what end. Now we can shoot each other with different weapons, wear different colour hats, wear different length trousers, eat different tins of food, grow veggies which is fairly pointless as there is food everywhere... and we have less infected, numerous major bugs & hackers galore.  Sigh.  I want to look back at thread  in year's time and feel embarrassed.

Over 18 months later... has anything changed?  Seemingly not.

*Oh wait we are waiting for the patch that will fix the issues and after that progress will be much much quicker*   Please be true!

Edited by -MadTommy
  • Haha 1

Focus on the positive.

We get 1.0 in 2018.

patience is key.

3 to 6 more Month with Game breaking Apples and Berries until the new Mechanic arrives with 0.63.

Apples are Game Breaking like they are now.

There is no Hope left anymore, Devs seem to do this on purpose for unknown reasons.

You did it Devs you found the Point where Fans who believe in Dean Halls Vision crack up.

Yes this Game development now starts to feel like one of those ea Games of other Companies. Dont make it feel like the WarZ scamm in terms of Apples.

Edited by Hajami

1 hour ago, OrLoK said:

Focus on the positive.

We get 1.0 in 2018.

patience is key.

Dayz .63 in 2018? or new BI tools not sure what you mean. Like arma 3 engine or arma 4?