-MadTommy

Is there any hope left? Please tell there is!

The OP would never have started this thread...and many more would be less bummed...IF THE DEVS WOULD AT LEAST SAY "HI ALL" in the tracker!

Last post was over a month ago with a photo of yet ANOTHER weapon concept (yippie whoopee doopie do!) and Hicks' last post was even longer....

SOMEWHERE in the DayZ SA fraternity there MUST exist someone who could assume the role of PR liaison for us?

This would turn the majority of activity in this forum back towards the game and less towards speculation and impatient venting. IMHO.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OrLoK said:

,"Illuminati Lizard base in New Zeland" etc

tatum_channing_laughing_hysterically-150

• Like 2

Those who are filled with fear will find in time that a lot of energy was wasted.. 

2873583-3933224607-bb9e4.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/4/2016 at 6:41 AM, -MadTommy said:

I have a long history of supporting BI.. form Arma1 initial release... I got into the dayz mod, purchased Dayz standalone on release. I have always been positive about its future.  I don't play presently, last gave it a try December 2015, I've been waiting for some tangible progress.  I've reached my limit of faith in the team.  The time in development, the sales and revenue generated.. seriously WTF is going on.  Can anyone convince me there is any hope left?  I wanna believe, i'm NO hater!!

To me, even the fact that they are still (somewhat) consistently bringing Dev blogs and updates is hope enough. What is going on? It's fucking hard to say from our end isn't it? It's hard to see just how many bugs/gamebreaking issues they have to iron out daily just to keep the game going in the right direction. I understand where you're coming from though, it's hard to play anymore because it just seems like a grind to get looted up, go kill some people, die, and repeat. All this plus the many people deciding to dupe and/or script is really starting to tarnish the gameplay. Really hoping they develop the survival side of things more soon.

Edit: and I would just like to randomly vent my frustration with not having a dayz-themed forum anymore. GRRR!!!

Edited by Kohlbar

On 4.3.2016 at 3:45 PM, OrLoK said:

Look at it from an economical point of view wich is the only one that matters in this world.

Why should they finish the game?

They already have made around 80 000 000 $ with the product. Everyone who wants to buy DayZ already has it and not much more revenue can be generated.

Are the devs of DayZ planning to make another game after DayZ ? Do these guys have any reputation to loose that cant be compensated with a piece of that 80 mil pie?

It would be illogical from a buisnesmans standpoint to finish or invest into the further development any more than needed to keep enough people convinced.

You would just tug along in relation to the revenue still generated. Guys like Brian Hicks dont have the say on that sort of things.

Edited by feanor12345

39 minutes ago, feanor12345 said:

Look at it from an economical point of view wich is the only one that matters in this world.

Why should they finish the game?

They already have made around 80 000 000 $ with the product. Everyone who wants to buy DayZ already has it and not much more revenue can be generated.

Are the devs of DayZ planning to make another game after DayZ ? Do these guys have any reputation to loose that cant be compensated with a piece of that 80 mil pie?

It would be illogical from a buisnesmans standpoint to finish or invest into the further development any more than needed to keep enough people convinced.

You would just tug along in relation to the revenue still generated. Guys like Brian Hicks dont have the say on that sort of things.

And this is so wrong. The number one selling point of the games Bohemia develops is: Modding. And as soon as DayZ stands on a robust base and is released to be modded, the sellings will most probably go trough the roof or at least rise significantly when the first really good mods turn up. Never underestimate modding. Not to mention the people who didn't buy DayZ yet because they want to wait for the finished product. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, lrishjake said:

Those who are filled with fear will find in time that a lot of energy was wasted.. 

2873583-3933224607-bb9e4.jpg

the fear comes from enjoying something and it gets canceled. I dont expect it with this but it does happen, more today then ever.

edit= Also the lack of infomation, brings all kinds of wondering out and the lack of completion of the game. (we know its being redone but still lack of completion).

People dont see that its being redone, and assets need to be put back into the game once again. Its a slow process.

Edited by sneakydude
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ultimoses said:

And this is so wrong. The number one selling point of the games Bohemia develops is: Modding. And as soon as DayZ stands on a robust base and is released to be modded, the sellings will most probably go trough the roof or at least rise significantly when the first really good mods turn up. Never underestimate modding. Not to mention the people who didn't buy DayZ yet because they want to wait for the finished product. 

DayZ is not directly developed by BI.

say what? proof, because the last i heard it was BI.

1 minute ago, feanor12345 said:

58 minutes ago, feanor12345 said:

Of course it is.

• Like 4

I bought this game years ago, WAY past any sort of refund stage (Actually I don't even think that system was part of steam then). I feel I've waited patiently, infact I don't particular appreciate anyone who says "you know what you bought/buying into" or "suck it up and wait for awesome a little longer you impatient jerk" as them sorta comments get on my tits.. Rocket once told people not to buy it yet and wait for the game to get polish, he never once said how long that 'wait' period should have been for.. now I know years after that comment why he didn't.

I'll try this game again when it's launched (whenever that is) just to justify the cost of the game all them years ago and to see if what Rocket said holds true and it 'was' better to wait. Guess I will just have to continue to wait and see, not like there's much of a choice haha!

1 hour ago, NuckFut said:

I bought this game years ago, WAY past any sort of refund stage (Actually I don't even think that system was part of steam then). I feel I've waited patiently, infact I don't particular appreciate anyone who says "you know what you bought/buying into" or "suck it up and wait for awesome a little longer you impatient jerk" as them sorta comments get on my tits.. Rocket once told people not to buy it yet and wait for the game to get polish, he never once said how long that 'wait' period should have been for.. now I know years after that comment why he didn't.

I'll try this game again when it's launched (whenever that is) just to justify the cost of the game all them years ago and to see if what Rocket said holds true and it 'was' better to wait. Guess I will just have to continue to wait and see, not like there's much of a choice haha!

If you've played it since you bought it and have enjoyed playing it then you've gotten your money's worth. When DayZ is finally released that will just be icing on the cake. I'd rather them take their time than to rush the game and then take years (BF4 anyone???) to get it into a playable state.

• Like 1

Honestly? money will be worth it when we step in the polished game, for the very first time again and play it for 24 hours. I then can say we got our money's worth. Right now the only thing we have been doing is running around looking for limited resources with major non spawning restrictions and no infected.

So we cant tell people that anymore, all we can say is its been redone, they will need time to put all the assets back into the render, and fix as many glitches they can internal until they bring it to the table in the next coming weeks. All we can do, is help when beta comes around and submit the bugs to be fixed. There will be lots by then.

Or we all wait until the very close to ending and play it on release and never look back at the game we helped create and fix. We own it on steam, we can reinstall it any time we want, and then experience it for the first time again.

If you want to help continue to submit bugs, wait until .60 and the bug tracker comes back up. We then can help continue our bug submission reports. I believe they are programming a new submission site and fixing the exploited issues.

Otherwise wait until its finished and then come back when its ready for the public.

For the private modding people, they have to be keeping an eye on the game at all times because of early release for clans, friends, gaming communities etc.. This way they will be ready for when it comes around. I too am waiting for the modding part of it.

Edited by sneakydude
spelling like always

9 hours ago, NuckFut said:

Dude, forget about the launch date. Game will never be launched. i know from inside that the plan si too keep it at this stage until they will abandon the project. The ideea is to keep adding stuff (items) to make ppl comeback and to make others to buy it in order to maximize sales.

Trolls aside,

No tangible progress is working persistence, a working CLE system, many more vehicles since the last couple updates and renderer wip has been shown.  Oh, let me guess, vids are totally faked right?  Game is ded guize, refundz please, rabble rabble.

Also, CristiX.  I'm pretty sure you've been banned from the Steam forums for spouting off the same nonsense.  inb4 denial.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, CristiX said:

-snip- i know from inside -snip-

Watch it, guys! He knows it from the inside!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CristiX said:

Dude, forget about the launch date. Game will never be launched. i know from inside that the plan si too keep it at this stage until they will abandon the project. The ideea is to keep adding stuff (items) to make ppl comeback and to make others to buy it in order to maximize sales.

Hello there

Pure Twaddle.

I suggest you stop spouting your nonsense if you wish to remain here. You dont have to be a fan of the Game, the devs or us mods but you are in *our* forum and will beHave appropriately.

Lies and/or/slander will not be tolerated.

Rgds

LoK

Edited by OrLoK
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

If you've played it since you bought it and have enjoyed playing it then you've gotten your money's worth. When DayZ is finally released that will just be icing on the cake. I'd rather them take their time than to rush the game and then take years (BF4 anyone???) to get it into a playable state.

I've played it incrementally since the game was 1st announced and put up on steam. Not once have I enjoyed it enough to have justified what I was supposedly buying into. That is my opinion and my feedback as a customer, you don't like it and feel you have some right to sway my opinion? guess what you don't and I don't care what you think. You like the game? and are happy to wait, then good for you.

Like I said, I'll try this game when it launches.. if it still sucks then in my opinion.. yes, I've wasted my money. If it don't then I'll see you all ingame when the time comes. I'll be going back into hibernation now unless someone else has anything to say and would like further education on a personal opinion?.

20 hours ago, feanor12345 said:

Don't be ridiculous. Of course it is. 

You are full of complete nonsense. I hope no one is naive enough to believe that lie. 

Edited by narchy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, OrLoK said:

(snip)

I suggest you stop spouting your nonsense if you wish to remain here. You dont have to be a fan of the Game, the devs or us mods but you are in *our* forum and will *beave* appropriately.

(snip)

Looks to me like he was "Beaving" just how one would expect.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 2

I prefer to look at things this way; Once the game is fully done it has a bigger chance of becoming rather stale or surpassed by another game, "because there is nothing new to get excited about." If you look at games like GTA V that took 2-3 years to develop and had a staff of hundreds working on it. In essence there really isn't all that much on there either. At least very little "new" stuff we already didn't have in GTA 4. 

These days we are getting games like COD, FIFA, NBA, AC coming out on an almost yearly basis.  But again, the development teams are far bigger than Dayz has. Also if you really look at it, those games are all exactly the same with a few tweaks and some new skins for things.

Dayz may have started out as a mod for Arma 2, but  it is being built from the ground up, to become a game in it's own right. Until then we can expect new things added, bad things removed and tweaks that will improve this game over time. But once the game is fully finished, I bet there will be people complaining that there is nothing new on Dayz anymore. 

3 hours ago, Phuck Norris said:

I prefer to look at things this way; Once the game is fully done it has a bigger chance of becoming rather stale or surpassed by another game, "because there is nothing new to get excited about." If you look at games like GTA V that took 2-3 years to develop and had a staff of hundreds working on it. In essence there really isn't all that much on there either. At least very little "new" stuff we already didn't have in GTA 4. 

These days we are getting games like COD, FIFA, NBA, AC coming out on an almost yearly basis.  But again, the development teams are far bigger than Dayz has. Also if you really look at it, those games are all exactly the same with a few tweaks and some new skins for things.

Dayz may have started out as a mod for Arma 2, but  it is being built from the ground up, to become a game in it's own right. Until then we can expect new things added, bad things removed and tweaks that will improve this game over time. But once the game is fully finished, I bet there will be people complaining that there is nothing new on Dayz anymore. 

I could imagine that modding support would help in that regard though.

• Like 1