Sign in to follow this  
Just Caused

My car is bugged

I drove my Vlada the Lada car to some forest hill and I left it. After I got back from looting the town, I tried to drive my car and it couldn't move. It has every single component pristine/worn but it just can't move, it's stuck. Wheels start moving and all, but car won't move from original place and starts vibrating. Car isn't stuck in trees, it's 2 meters away from them, I waited for server to restart, it just moved even fahrer from trees and it still can't be moved. How do I get my Vlad back?

Yeah its a annoying bug, not much to do really :( last hope try to shoot some improvised arrows with the bow,see if it moves, it helps when your car is flipped so you never know,its DayZ :)

Have you tried remove tires and move them around?

12 hours ago, DaveB said:

Have you tried remove tires and move them around?

I didn't try to move them around, I just took all of tires and attached them to same spot they were before.

Yeah sometimes rotating them works as dave said. If you can repair tires to make sure they're all pristine that can help with stability on the road too. 

• Like 1

That's the Stall Bug. You'll need a server reset or two, or a friend to get in and drive it a few seconds. Once someone does, it'll unlock the vehicle for you. Also, not every reset will make it drivable, but it's a chance.

Just keep trying from time to time, camp out in the area in the meantime. ^.^

Edit: It's also important to stop the tires from spinning by hitting the brake when it's stuck. Otherwise you'll turn off the engine, dismount, and they'll keep wearing on the vehicle until they pop.

Edited by [DGN] Johnny
  • Like 1

I used to think taking the wheels off, relogging and putting them back on sometimes works. Seems I could have done that without logging off...

What may or may not work, is damaging a wheel, taking it off and repairing it (use your smallest caliber from some distance, or stab it). I used this method when my car was veering right on straight roads (yes, I was angry) - and it works. Best way is to ask a friend to start the car; this is another weird bug...

Lessons I learn from Dayz: sometimes shooting things will repair them.

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

Thanks for all your replies! I will make sure I try everything you said here. Restart seems to fix it sometimes, but server restarted and my vehicle didn't get fixed, atleast yesterday. I'll keep you updated.

Also, I've noticed that server rotates cars straight towards north.

4 hours ago, Just Caused said:

Also, I've noticed that server rotates cars straight towards north.

Yeah, that's been discussed a lot considering many people park in tents only to find them hopelessly jammed inside after a reset. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eno said:

Yeah, that's been discussed a lot considering many people park in tents only to find them hopelessly jammed inside after a reset. 

On the topic of tents, btw.: if you can't enter or leave a cartent with a vehicle, close and open the tent again. After restarts tents appear open, but serverside they're closed.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, S3V3N said:

On the topic of tents, btw.: if you can't enter or leave a cartent with a vehicle, close and open the tent again. After restarts tents appear open, but serverside they're closed.

I saw that too! My other Lada couldn't move so I did that and then realised it's stuck in way of my first post, so I just changed wheels and placed them to second car I had and drove them to hill. That car too got stuck. My car rolled downhill and hit tree during restart and ruined wheel. I'll take me a while to move it.