freethink

The nobility, skill and courage of french #dayz players summed up in 67 secs

You know why the French had so many civil wars? - So they could win a war, occasionally. 

I've played with English, Norwegian, Swedish, Russian, Spanish, Romanian and god knows what other nationalities. But with the French in Dayz, I've always had trouble, as soon as they have a working weapon. But most of them are terrible shots, so just keep running (unless it's a behaviour experiment you're conducting) and don't react to "stand still, I don't shoot" or "I 'ave something for you". Chances are you can get out alive. Also there never seems to be just one French at a time. One French is probably harmless, but since they always come at least in a pair, we'll never know.

Occasionally I've wondered, if they just misunderstood me, but I've given them the benefit of the doubt far too often. I really don't know what's the issue. I like a good fight, but I've always, always experienced the same sneaky execution attempts like you have. And since it's never a one-on-one, I usually died, too but I made damn sure I wasn't the only one. And now I just ignore French-English speaking people and go my own way. Really feels wrong to pick out the French in particular, but out of all the incidents I've had with French players, even since the mod days, maybe 1% ended non-violently or in a fair fight. It's so odd! My favorite Dayz nationality are probably Russians. I've been killed by Russians and even I had to smile about how smart they went about it and how accurate they shot. That's something I learned from and I can respect, but this blatant lying and the constant talking that many French do pisses me off to no end. Again apologies to the French players, who don't act like that, but the majority of your countrymen drag you down in my rating.       

he is clearly pointing a gun at your head and you stand there???

Edited by Reg Park

I was in the process of baiting a zombie so I could get a southern spawn when I saw them. Even though they struggled against that one zombie I doubt I'd have been able to escape five heavily armed players.

Them being french has little to do with anything -  dbags come in all nationalities, religions, races, classes yadda yadda 

• Like 1

I have only once met a nice french dayz player. And it was a girl. All the others (many) have been douches.

I'm honestly not suggesting all french gamers are terrible at games or terrible people, it just amused me that they acted exactly like the stereotype. I act like a drunken irishman a lot of the time too.

You know why the French had so many civil wars? - So they could win a war, occasionally. 

..//..

'scuse me - the French never HAD a civil war.. you probably mean the English or the Americans or the Russians, or maybe the Chinese

xx

Edited by pilgrim

I met some friendly French just a few nights ago.

vS3Ux7p.png

But we were betrayed by some unfriendly French.

"Vous êtes mauvais les mecs, sérieux. Merci pour la voiture."
0nixJqv.png

• Like 1

'scuse me - the French never HAD a civil war.. you probably mean the English or the Americans or the Russians, or maybe the Chinese

xx

If it's not a war with an external enemy it's called a civil war. And they've had a good dozen of those. Besides, it's a John Cleese joke. 

I have a French friend but on the whole, we find French players generally act aggressively. It might be once they know we are an English speaking team. I know of another team who always execute French players, so who can blame the French for striking first. I got a lift off a French player recently and we tried to speak in his poor English and my poor French but it was enjoyable nevertheless. Of all the nationalities I come across, I find the English players the most dangerous but that might be because I see more of them.  I am English too

I'd probably do the same.  I like to see what people are actually going to do, and let them confirm for me that they're just as boring as I expect.

All you do by trying to resist in situations like that is give them a funner time any ways because that's what they're expecting you to do.  I'd rather stand there and let them kill me with no real emotion, so they don't get any real satisfaction out of it and potentially also question their decision afterwards =P

If it's not a war with an external enemy it's called a civil war. And they've had a good dozen of those. Besides, it's a John Cleese joke. 

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to shoot you.

What was the date of the last civil war in France, please?

I know.

I think Boneboys knows.

I guess you'll have to look it up because you obviously don't know.

(You know what a civil war is, I guess? - in the USA there has been 1 Civil War and 1 Revolution, following the standard definition (let's leave the Indian Wars out, ok, even though they weren't an "external enemy" according to modern accounts)

- it's a John Cleese joke about being British, it's very amusing.

xx

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to shoot you.

What was the date of the last civil war in France, please?

I know.

I think Boneboys knows.

I guess you'll have to look it up because you obviously don't know.

(You know what a civil war is, I guess? - in the USA there has been 1 Civil War and 1 Revolution, following the standard definition (let's leave the Indian Wars out, ok, even though they weren't an "external enemy" according to modern accounts)

- it's a John Cleese joke about being British, it's very amusing.

xx

I'm not sure about the last one, but you might have heard of one called "The French Revolution" ;)

Here is the John Cleese quote for you, at around 1 Minute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ULvKtcmWgo

I don't know who taught you history, but I find it amusing you have not the faintest idea what a civil war is. It doesn't have to be called "civil war" (in the name) to be one. Oh you US-Americans... Have a nice day. 

Edited by S3V3N

I'm not sure about the last one, but you might have heard of one called "The French Revolution" ;)

Here is the John Cleese quote for you, at around 1 Minute:

[ - ]

I don't know who taught you history or if you were raised in a barn, but I find it hilarious you have not the faintest idea what a civil war is.. Oh you US-Americans... Have a nice day. It doesn't have to be called "civil war" (in the name) to be one

in fact BOTH

NO ONE taught me history

AND I was raised in a barn

Just one mistake S3V3N - I am not a US-American I am a Scot-Irish-Gypsy of British origin, living in FRANCE

where I have been for the last twenty-five years

I have here on my desk 2 musket balls I dug out of the ground at the site of Ligny, which is not far -in more senses than one -  from Waterloo

these are Prussian musket balls (not French) - some folk on this Forum could tell the difference at first sight - and nothing to do with 'civil war', but I just thought I'd mention one of my interests.

You may think Waterloo is in France (heh).. some people do say dumb stuff around here but its good to be able to laugh. I know you have the best intentions.

If your BARN has an internet connection, like mine - why don't you look up the facts and get educated, instead of sounding silly.

When historians say a "civil war" they do not mean a "revolution" a "terrorist attack", "invasion", or "war between nations". I deliberately quoted you 4 examples of 4 very different types of civil wars but you didn't get the point. I'll bet you thought I was bullshitting you, hu?

Never mind

i agree john Cleese is funny.

xx

Edited by pilgrim