Sign in to follow this  
raigprime

Damaged and ruined clothing - another unpopular suggestion ;)

When clothing/items reach a damaged or ruined state then, not only should their protective capacity be reduced, but so too should their carrying capacity.

A backpack/jacket/pants etc. that is damaged should loose a few inventory slots.

Ruined items should radically reduce the number of inventory slots.

I've wondered about this too (why capacity on ruined clothing isn't effected or if there were plans) and always thought it would be funny if ruined clothing/backpacks randomly dropped out items with a small audio cue like you had holes in your pockets.

Edited by SaveMeJebus

Would others be happy with the idea of being able to patch up ruined clothing with rags, also?

I like your idea, it supports realism.

I believe devs talked exactly about that in one of the latest status reports. It is in progress and will be added later with the new character model and UI.

• Like 1

Only if it depends on which part of the clothing item is hit. For example if I am shot in the knee or the arm it shouldn't affect my pockets at all, and clothing inventories will have to be divided into multiple slot groups/pockets so that it can be properly simulated. In any case the items lost or ruined should NOT be random. Introducing more randomness into a skill/preparation-based game is an awful idea...just look what happened with the CS:GO Christmas 2015 update.

In my honest opinion though, we'd be better off keeping the system we have. DayZ is already a very complicated game, more so than modern hardware can really handle, and the more complex it gets the more problems it will be vulnerable to. As much as I'd love more challenge and realism it might affect the game negatively overall.

Edited by OnionOfShame

Only if it depends on which part of the clothing item is hit. For example if I am shot in the knee or the arm it shouldn't affect my pockets at all, and clothing inventories will have to be divided into multiple slot groups/pockets so that it can be properly simulated. In any case the items lost or ruined should NOT be random. Introducing more randomness into a skill/preparation-based game is an awful idea...just look what happened with the CS:GO Christmas 2015 update.

In my honest opinion though, we'd be better off keeping the system we have. DayZ is already a very complicated game, more so than modern hardware can really handle, and the more complex it gets the more problems it will be vulnerable to. As much as I'd love more challenge and realism it might affect the game negatively overall.

That's a fair concern.