Sign in to follow this  
RadRzRg

Dayz Private Servers-Allowed or no?

So, I bought Dayz a couple of years ago, but I gave up on it a couple of months later.

However lately I am in a mood to play Dayz,and I was wondering... 

Can I host a private server for only myself and my friends?(Setting up a server on my pc-and not renting one)

Please let me know, as I never was a fan of getting killed when I spawn by bandits:)

-RadRzRg

No.

Not now.

So, if I understood correctly,there is no such option to play strictly with friends unless you rent a private server.

Well, I get it,but will it be a thing in the future?(Near or Not?:) )

It has been said that Server files will be available, under which conditions I am not certain.

You should check the Dev blogs and such.

I'm sure some of our Members will be good enough to post some links or give information relative to your question.

• Like 1

So, if I understood correctly,there is no such option to play strictly with friends unless you rent a private server.

Well, I get it,but will it be a thing in the future?(Near or Not? :) )

It depends on what you consider as "near".

If your "near" is in consideration of a games development time, then "near" is the correct term.

I think somewhere between versions 0.60 - 0.65 ( ~mid of 2016 )

It has been said that Server files will be available, under which conditions I am not certain.

You should check the Dev blogs and such.

I'm sure some of our Members will be good enough to post some links or give information relative to your question.

Ok thanks, one last question... Will there EVER be a singeplayer version of this game?I haven't kept track of updates ~2 years now

Ok thanks, one last question... Will there EVER be a singeplayer version of this game?I haven't kept track of updates ~2 years now

Yes, they mentioned this somewhere mid 2015.

• Like 1

They did mention this, also it wouldn't be until the game was pretty close to beta/release.

First things is first and i totally agree, get the stuff working the base engine. Then make the server files, mod tools.

We all asked this too, after the first blog, video by the team. There is a video of Hicks letting everyone know out there.

Until then either rent, or play on public hive servers. Also there is no reason why you cant run with friends on any of those 0/50 servers. So So many of them.

your choice, private or public. Don't feel you need to go rent a server to farm or kick either, cause one of us will clearly hunt you down :) jking