SFRGaming

Dev team, take some notes

Hello there

What exactly are the devs supposed to "take note" of?

They've been aware of the game for a while and we're looking forward to it.

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 1

I'm curious too. Escape from Tarkov seems to be a completely different kind of game. 

As far as I see:

1. Map is way smaller compared to DayZ

2. It is more of an instance based game, far from DayZ's dynamic and mmo style

3. It is a PvP game, it's not as in-depth as DayZ is (base building, camping, sickness etc. etc.)

I could count more and more but, I don't see why DayZ devs should take notes from Tarkov. Maybe the looting system could be referred to at some point, but other than that, as others have also suggested, the two are completely different games. You join a session, PvP, loot all you can and leave.

I can see this game going a long way to weed out the people who only play DayZ for the pvp leaving behind the real survivors. Competition is healthy amongst developers and while EFT looks good, as said above, they are two completely different beasts altogether.

• Like 3

Hello there

Rdgs

LoK

Perhaps they're supposed to take note of:

No need to worry about death

xx

that would certainly make a change

I can see this game going a long way to weed out the people who only play DayZ for the pvp leaving behind the real survivors. Competition is healthy amongst developers and while EFT looks good, as said above, they are two completely different beasts altogether.

Survivors of WHAT?!?!?!

DayZ isn't a survival game. It might be in the future, but from 2012 to present,it hasn't been. Surviving in DayZ is about as difficult as making your bed.

• Like 2

Survivors of WHAT?!?!?!

DayZ isn't a survival game. It might be in the future, but from 2012 to present,it hasn't been. Surviving in DayZ is about as difficult as making your bed.

you make you bed ?

It actually looks like a nice FPS game.

I admit I was excited, just for a moment I thought it was Crysis 4 at last

[sigh]

You guys missed the entire point of this. Look at the mechanics. The details

You guys really like to jump the gun dont you?

• Like 2

You guys missed the entire point of this. Look at the mechanics. The details

You guys really like to jump the gun dont you?

Im still unaware of your point.

L

Hello there

Rdgs

LoK

The weapon system, looting, environment, damage system, etc

Perhaps they're supposed to take note of:

No need to worry about death

xx

that would certainly make a change

You even got that wrong. The guy in the video explained it's one of the cons to participating in raids. Dying means you lose everything and you have to rebuild your characters gear and skills even.

• Like 1

Again, I still am not sure what you are trying to say.

L

Again, I still am not sure what you are trying to say.

L

If you watch the video and pay attention to what I just mentioned, you'll see the mechanics that I believe would fit nicely in dayz

The only thing Ive seen, from the info I have been following from this game, that i rather liked is the weapon customisation screen, and that's not an original idea to this game either.

The game does look nice but I dont see what the devs *need* to take notice of.

L

-snip-

DayZ isn't a survival game. It might be in the future, but from 2012 to present,it hasn't been. -snip-

Yup and until it changes drastically the lowest common denominator rules the day (random mini FPS competitions).

If BI is smart they will release modding tools along with the major updates to survival mechanics.

Otherwise the KoS and PvP people are going to scream... bloody murder? (lol, the irony)

How many hours of looting, and getting healthy, and tangling with infected, are all of the PvP types willing to deal with before they can go pew pew?

This reminds me, I must invest in Kleenex stock and soon...

You even got that wrong. The guy in the video explained it's one of the cons to participating in raids. Dying means you lose everything and you have to rebuild your characters gear and skills even.

I am not criticizing this game SFR, but you ought to read about it yourself before posting, then you can explain this to me:

http://www.escapefromtarkov.com/

bullet point # 22

No need to worry about death - you will not lose anything of your main character.

maybe the EFT devs didn't mean that at all - they just said it and I missed the point

no prob.

xx

Yup and until it changes drastically the lowest common denominator rules the day (random mini FPS competitions).

If BI is smart they will release modding tools along with the major updates to survival mechanics.

Otherwise the KoS and PvP people are going to scream... bloody murder? (lol, the irony)

How many hours of looting, and getting healthy, and tangling with infected, are all of the PvP types willing to deal with before they can go pew pew?

This reminds me, I must invest in Kleenex stock and soon...

as a PvP-oriented player, i can say i look forward to easy mode finding a dark corner to die in permanently. The lack of infected, almost all populated servers being 24/7 daytime, and broken loot (either one extreme or the other from one patch to the next) really ruins the gameplay for me. While to do prefer to let others do the work and take the spoils for my self (shoot-Kill-Take)- without massive time investment for both predator and prey it has no meaning.

I have stopped playing SA entirely and won't be returning untill full-release or mod tools, as i want to play 'extreme hardcore' where having 3 bullets or working fire arm of any description and health enough to reach the next town is 'doing exceptionally well'. i want a high risk of dieing from exposure/thirst/zeds/etc before ever finding a gun at all. i want to be pretty much forced to supplement my food with either farming/scavenging/hunting or by raiding others because there is next to no canned goods around. real time day/night cycles. weather, and more. I like the PvP element, and KOSers make it more tense in my opinion, but i want the risk-reward ratio much more brutal then it has ever been. When i see a player i want to think to myself 'is his/her gear Worth my bullet' instead of 'YAY! something to shoot!'

• Like 2