I'm thirsty as fuck for some PVP but almost everywhere my squad goes is empty,even on high pops. Myshkino, empty. Zelenogorsk,empty. Not interested in Cherno,we've been to that city enough.

So where should we look for PVP?

Outside Cherno/Elektro/Berez it's pretty slim pickings, especially if you want an 'even fight'.  Svetlojarsk and Novo up the far NE are generally quite full of people with good geometry/topography in that area for it to be exciting, but the people i see are also quite low-geared compared to say, the NW.  NW has generally higher geared people, maybe even groups, but they're a lot thinner in number yeah...

If you just want to shoot a man, do a run of the regular loot spots: NWAF, Mysh, Vybor, Kamenka, Zeleno, Novy/Stary Sobor etc..

I'm thirsty as fuck for some PVP but almost everywhere my squad goes is empty,even on high pops. Myshkino, empty. Zelenogorsk,empty. Not interested in Cherno,we've been to that city enough.

So where should we look for PVP?

ARMA III Wasteland?

• Like 1

The helicopter corridor is the place that I've seen the few people I've had contact with lately.  They're a cagey bunch along there. Unless your version of PvP is getting sniped or hosed from behind a tree, you can mostly expect no contact, instant deathscreen or leg breaking, or spotting and killing them first; pretty droll, IMO.

• Like 1

If your "thirsty as fuck" for pvp, go onto a high pop and take you and "squad" over to NWAF. I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of ass-hats over there for to you to pvp with, and if not go on down to Vybor were everyone and their uncle goes...which makes zero tactical since, seeing how out in the open it is there, with about zero cover. Or here's a fun idea take over the prison with your budy's. There is no shortage of ass hats that go there too. And if there's not then loot the crap out of the place. Either way its win win for you, seeing your probably going to die all the time, its kind how of it works, its how it is in dayz for the instant grad pvper, if you want trouble well you can find it. You die, then you can quickly gear back up, instant grad pvp and repeat the cycle right? That's my basic advice to you if your looking for pvp, any military loot spawn serves 2 purposes, PvP or gearing lol

Careful what you ask for  :rolleyes:

Edited by CJFlint

Arma 3, Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc.

These posts are literally the worst. DayZ is 90% PvP, always has been. When PvP dries up, so does your game.

These posts are literally the worst. DayZ is 90% PvP, always has been. When PvP dries up, so does your game.

I'm not against PvP. I'm all for it being an organically occurring part of the game. I hate the PvP seeking behavior that causes 90% of the map to be devoid of players and any real form of interaction, discovery, or opportunity. When movement dries up, so does your game.

Edited by ColdAtrophy

I'm not against PvP. I'm all for it being an organically occurring part of the game. I hate the PvP seeking behavior that causes 90% of the map to be devoid of players and any real form of interaction, discovery, or opportunity. When movement dries up, so does your game.

People have been fighting in the same areas since 2012, and it's been peachy so far. Are you implying DayZ is going to die because every little town they've been adding recently is devoid of players?! Every town looks the same; they serve no purpose other than to take up space better used for us to hide our camps in so that we can restock when we die during, you guessed it, PvP.

Searching for people's camps is the second most fun thing to do in DayZ, which is becoming trivial in the standalone. We're running out of woods, mang!

@OP: NWAF, Veresnik, Vybor, Green Mountain, Balota, Chernogorsk, Elektrozavodsk, Berezino - these places will never fail you. Tried, tested and true since the mod. :D

People have been fighting in the same areas since 2012, and it's been peachy so far. Are you implying DayZ is going to die because every little town they've been adding recently is devoid of players?! Every town looks the same; they serve no purpose other than to take up space better used for us to hide our camps in so that we can restock when we die during, you guessed it, PvP.

Searching for people's camps is the second most fun thing to do in DayZ, which is becoming trivial in the standalone. We're running out of woods, mang!

@OP: NWAF, Veresnik, Vybor, Green Mountain, Balota, Chernogorsk, Elektrozavodsk, Berezino - these places will never fail you. Tried, tested and true since the mod. :D

i remember from the mod that Stary Sobor was often way higher profile than the NWAF, especially the sniping hill on top of it,

had some awesome sniping battles there with my team, an M24 and a range finder while my friend had a M109

that M109 firing sound... so awesome...

If the goal is to never evolve past spawn, die, repeat in the same strips of coast that people have been PvPing in since 2012, then I guess I misunderstood what a survival horror MMO is. 

I'm not suggesting that DayZ is going to die because of this prevailing playstyle. I'm actually saying that it's damn near dead because people who want PvP can get it much faster and without all the bullshit that SA offers. If this project cannot move past that, then this game serves no purpose other than as a griefing tool. PvP has been done better by hundreds of other games.

Edited by ColdAtrophy

If the goal is to never evolve past spawn, die, repeat in the same strips of coast that people have been PvPing in since 2012, then I guess I misunderstood what a survival horror MMO is. 

I'm not suggesting that DayZ is going to die because of this prevailing playstyle. I'm actually saying that it's damn near dead because people who want PvP can get it much faster and without all the bullshit that SA offers. If this project cannot move past that, then this game serves no purpose other than as a griefing tool. PvP has been done better by hundreds of other games.

name me one game that offer the same amount of survival elements ALONG with realistic bullet physics and rewarding tactical play

Edited by Zombo

name me one game that offer the exact same survival elements ALONG with realistic bullet physics and rewarding tactical play

Choosing to PvP on the coast non-stop in a rinse and repeat cycle fundamentally rejects survival so I'm not sure what you mean. If people embraced both sides of this spectrum, like you suggest, then I wouldn't be having this conversation.

Edited by ColdAtrophy

Choosing to PvP on the coast non-stop in a rinse and repeat cycle fundamentally rejects survival so I'm not sure what you mean. If people embraced both sides of this spectrum, like you suggest, then I wouldn't be having this conversation.

nobody forces you to stay on the coast battling an endless line of newspawns re-equipping on their corpses...

if you want non-stop pvp added to survival, better play another game, in DayZ i get away from the coast as soon as possible,

inland pvp is way more meaningfull because you can't re-equip in a few minutes, which drives away most players

i just don't feel immersed if i get bumrushed by a guy having nothing but his shirt and pants, while i am holding a rifle,

and yet due to lag and desync, it's happening a lot and can even get the unarmed guy free loot

thats why i would stay far away from the coast and pvp in areas where there is a lot of military loot

you can get a lot of contacts with other people for example at the military tents west of zelenogorsk and in zeleno itself,

and don't have to worry about the people you killed coming back after 15 minutes to get you

stary can also be very good to see contact, it overlooks a wide area many people travel through,

because there is the road leading the fastest from chernarus to NWAF, the other one being in zelenogorsk

of course, just traveling there and looking for five minutes wont grant you pvp, the best practice is to just wait and let people come to you, it makes it far more likely to meet people

Edited by Zombo

nobody forces you to stay on the coast battling an endless line of newspawns re-equipping on their corpses...

if you want non-stop pvp added to survival, better play another game, in DayZ i get away from the coast as soon as possible,

inland pvp is way more meaningfull because you can't re-equip in a few minutes, which drives away most players

i just don't feel immersed if i get bumrushed by a guy having nothing but his shirt and pants, while i am holding a rifle,

and yet due to lag and desync, it's happening a lot and can even get the unarmed guy free loot

thats why i would stay far away from the coast and pvp in areas where there is a lot of military loot

I think there was a breakdown in communication somewhere. I get the overwhelming feeling that you have missed my point completely.

I think there was a breakdown in communication somewhere. I get the overwhelming feeling that you have missed my point completely.

you said people can get the stuff DayZ offers much faster in other games, i wanted you to name one

you said then, without naming one, that coastal pvp is BS, which i agree with, and wanted to tell you spots where you could get PVP while NOT on the coast, what exactly don't you understand?

you said people can get the stuff DayZ offers much faster in other games, i wanted you to name one

you said then, without naming one, that coastal pvp is BS, which i agree with, and wanted to tell you spots where you could get PVP while NOT on the coast, what exactly don't you understand?

Arma 3 offers the same PvP experience of DayZ minus the survival aspects that the SA is currently not flush with anyway and which is primarily ignored by the majority in favor of coastal rinse, repeat bullshit. You asked me to name another game that offers the whole package, but what I'm saying is that people are ignoring survival almost completely so what difference does that really make? That's why I said, "if people embraced both sides of the spectrum, I wouldn't be having this conversation".

I've been to NWAF on a Saturday on a 50/50 server and witnessed a ghost town. The best my buddies and I could figure is that either 1) people are afraid to go there when the population is high or 2) they are still on the coast. A trip to the coast confirms where the population is at. People don't leave the coast, generally speaking. Your idea that going to mil zones means organic, emergent PvP is simply not true. Furthermore, I'd like to see more mechanics and objectives that support PvP popping up just about anywhere.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 1

DayZ does PvP better than any other game as far as adrenaline is concerned, which is why most people play it. You cannot recreate the sense of loss, frustration, and angst that DayZ offers. Even playing H1Z1's survival mode is "meh" when you die. No one has been able to recreate that experience for me, hence me continuing to play after 1,600 hours and the mess that the game is still in.

• Like 5

You cannot recreate the sense of loss, frustration, and angst that DayZ offers.

I agree, but I think this is the primary reason for never leaving the coast. People do what they can to avoid feeling attached and therefore, grief. Who cares if you lost an AK that you just punched some random guy to get?

People don't leave the coast, generally speaking. Your idea that going to mil zones means organic, emergent PvP is simply not true. Furthermore, I'd like to see more mechanics and objectives that support PvP popping up just about anywhere.

Oh it is, if you of course just go to a mil zone, loot the place and leave, its a very slim chance that there will be someone at the same time on such a big map

And people definitely leave the coast, or else you'd never see people run around with an M4

And of course, mil zones pvp is organic, if there would be nobody, and nobody would decide to go there, there wouldn't be any pvp, but there is, at least if i decide to go snipe there

basically, you can't at the same time make pvp that feels immersive and feels tense, and at the same time be 99% pvp, because anything that is there EVERY TIME makes you get used to it due to overstimulation, be it stress or anything else

thats why you can play cod and don't be afraid to die or aren't afraid to lose all your stuff, because you simply don't care

DayZ is about surviving, not about making it's pvp constant and everywhere, if you want that, like you said, just go play Arma 3 wasteland and you should be happy the whole time, or not?

basically: to get good pvp in DayZ you need to stop running around everywhere and be patient, it's not BF4 or wasteland mod

Edited by Zombo

DayZ is about surviving, not about making it's pvp constant and everywhere, if you want that, like you said, just go play Arma 3 wasteland and you should be happy the whole time, or not?

I agree. Unfortunately, most of the playerbase would obviously disagree with us. Putting yourself into gunfights constantly is not something someone who has a primary goal of continuing to live would do.

I'd also argue against your point that PvP should not be everywhere. I think there should be no breaks in tension. You should be terrified for your life 24/7/365.

Edited by ColdAtrophy

Move past that? People take a look at the bigger picture. Who would be testing the standalone through 2 years if it wasn't for the pvpers? The OP is not asking the game to be more pvp oriented his asking where he can see some action because guess what the state of the game right now leaves lil to do without other players. Your in a sandbox filled with other people and letiraly nothing to do but loot rinse repeat.best way to loot is taking other ppl shit... Dead or alive

OP - if you Are truly looking for good pvp I would suggest just hanging around NWAF/ vybor/lopatino. Make sure you are in a full server and it preferably says pvp somewhere some of them even say North Pvp those are really good

I agree with you guys there a nothing worse than dying losing all your shit and having to spend 2 hrs to get back to where you were that's why I love killing other ppl, I can only imagine they re fucking reaction , there's nothing better than you running up on a dude at nwaf and them talking shit about kos and pvping, come one your at the hottest location with a gun out... That's why I believe and this is just my opinion ppl that complain want to Pvp they are just always the one on the bad end of the stick so for them Pvp equals garbage, they needs nature , weather and pve