Zurvivalist

Survivalist Training Camp

If anyone needs up-to-date survivalist info . Crafting - Hunting - Camping -  Trapping - Fishing 

Or just PvE focused play in general feel free to ask here. 

• Like 1

where da deers at?

:-)

Sources of water are where I usually find them.

• Like 1

Here is a map of all animal spawn locations That I have found and confirmed , It is a Work in progress . 

iQwSjwZ.jpg

• Like 2

I think you might like our PVE server.

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/230997-dayz-dukes-military-surplus-pve-only-trader-nwaf-active-admins/

Also we do buy tanned leather.......

I'll check that out in the morning , Probably wont be able to join until they fix the dual core bug 

OK, here is mine: what happened to the furnace? I remember when they introduced a major overhaul to fireplaces and you needed either the tripod or the furnace to cook. 8 small rocks added to a fireplace did the trick. However, I can't replicate that now and can't even mine big stones with pick-axes to see if big stones are still there (although they were non-stackable so they're probably useless for furnaces anyway).

I guess lard is no longer necessary for cooking, right? It doesn't attach to that 'fireplace' line, above the proper content itself.

OK, here is mine: what happened to the furnace? I remember when they introduced a major overhaul to fireplaces and you needed either the tripod or the furnace to cook. 8 small rocks added to a fireplace did the trick. However, I can't replicate that now and can't even mine big stones with pick-axes to see if big stones are still there (although they were non-stackable so they're probably useless for furnaces anyway).

I guess lard is no longer necessary for cooking, right? It doesn't attach to that 'fireplace' line, above the proper content itself.

I have had no trouble mining stones- and I have actually just made one of those improved stone fireplaces to cook steak with. I was able to apply the cooking pot straight to the stone fireplace without ruining it. I stacked 8 stones- whether that was how many was needed... not sure. 

I've been wanting to do that for awhile so I finally sat down and did it. Problem is the fireplace is not persistent even with the stones- so put the stones back in your pack or in a barrel to keep them around for the next time. Pretty sure I lost the tripod as well (from another cooking experience).

As for lard- I found that it wasn't needed for cooking per se, though  you can still use it to make a torch. 

Edited by ENO75

Lard at the moment is only required for cooking in the Frying pan . 

I will double check the issues with the fire place, and post a up-to-date tutorial on what i find 

• Like 2

Thanks, guys. It seems that the furnace is there, it's just I tried to mine from that big rock structures, not the smaller rocks as I should. Thanks for the info and the video, I didn't know about the 5-stone circular fireplace. And that meat in cooking pots won't burn (I remember it wasn't the case). Good job.

One more thing - can you add frying pans to furnaces and tripods? I remember you could just when they introduced them, the pan was just placed vertical there.

Another question - does the game spawn above the Northern Highway at last? I understand that animals roam now, but I yesterday I shot deer as far up as 034 001, right next to Grozovoy Pas. What gives?

While we're on it - rabbit snares do work up North, right?

Thanks, guys. It seems that the furnace is there, it's just I tried to mine from that big rock structures, not the smaller rocks as I should. Thanks for the info and the video, I didn't know about the 5-stone circular fireplace. And that meat in cooking pots won't burn (I remember it wasn't the case). Good job.

Happy to help. and thanks.I'm a bit new obviously at the whole video tutorial thing. 

One more thing - can you add frying pans to furnaces and tripods? I remember you could just when they introduced them, the pan was just placed vertical there.

You can use a frying pan on the Stone oven , The Barrel fireplace ( with lid closed) and inside houses that have a fireplace.And of course gas stoves . 

Another question - does the game spawn above the Northern Highway at last? I understand that animals roam now, but I yesterday I shot deer as far up as 034 001, right next to Grozovoy Pas. What gives?

I'm getting mixed info on rather or not they actually spawn above the highway line. In 58 they did not ., Now in 59 they may, or they just roam into certain areas.. I haven't personally spent enough time up that way to  track them. 

While we're on it - rabbit snares do work up North, right? Yes . Rabbit snare, fishing, fish nets .

Keep an eye on my channel I will try to keep posting new Hunting videos and tutorials for everything survivalist related . 

• Like 1

Good work with that channel. I would probably also add a discussion and display of in-door fireplaces and gas stoves (super useful for a quick bite, especially if you restrict yourself to eat only what you hunt/fish/farm/pick). New players should know about this option (yeah I know you mention house ovens). But it's just me.

You know, back in the mid-0.40 builds I think I myself knew virtually all there was to the outdoorsman style, including minute details - I was literally counting apple pick attempts, how many trees you can chop with one axe (back before kindlings),timing cooking and wood consumption, etc. I gave up when I realized how much of it is going to be gone or changed, but we can get back to it once we're close to the final release, with the likes of Tatanko and others.

Good hunting!

• Like 1

Good work with that channel. I would probably also add a discussion and display of in-door fireplaces and gas stoves (super useful for a quick bite, especially if you restrict yourself to eat only what you hunt/fish/farm/pick). 

Was going to add in a video on indoor and gas stoves when i showed how to cook with a frying pan ..

Just have to find one first lol 

Frying pans, lots of small houses usually not near a large city. Vybor, north of cherno those small towns.

Most times those are not looted.

Do we have any suggestions as to where the game spawns, as opposed to where it roams? I know for sure that animals despawn on a server restart, probably coming back to where they originally started from. Did anyone spot any animal right after a restart?

Do we have any suggestions as to where the game spawns, as opposed to where it roams? I know for sure that animals despawn on a server restart, probably coming back to where they originally started from. Did anyone spot any animal right after a restart?

Kozlovka, there is a small farm if ya follow that small road to the east of it. Goats spawn there, found chickens there and a pig too.

• Like 1

Kozlovka, there is a small farm if ya follow that small road to the east of it. Goats spawn there, found chickens there and a pig too.

Oh, yes I remember that green house well from back before the overhaul. I wonder if Msta spawns as well, I had tough luck finding any animals there.

Hmm msta i went there but only heard a sheep and never saw it. There were quite a few animals there before.

Edited by DaveB

Oh, yes I remember that green house well from back before the overhaul. I wonder if Msta spawns as well, I had tough luck finding any animals there.

Had a confirmed report just a few days ago in Msta of a Domestic Pig . not the wild boar . 

Just learned something new . Sadly I did not get it on video , as it caught me very much off guard . 

I logged into my normal server. Day time cool

I did my normal thing.

Crouch, draw rifle , wait and look around before i move 

I hear steps... ( after reflection on the events , the steps were not normal people steps. more of a rustling like you get when you sit in saw grass on the coast . ) 

I look around .. Dont see anything. 

I logged out between a bush , pine tree and rock .. so i blinded myself a bit .

I started moving forward to peek out and see what's going on around me ( on 1pp server) 

Look to my right , look too my left , nothing 

all clear,

Stand up take two steps and and looked to my left

A DEER not five feet from me , on other side of big rock

I see doe , doe sees me ,

I raise rifle

Doe FUCKING SCREAMS ! and runs like hell

I shat myself and try to keep it in my screen, look to my right , JUMP OUT OF MY SKIN as i dodge a charging Buck, WHO ALSO SCREAMED as it ran by!!!!!!!

I stand there ..paused , in total shock and awe. as those white cotton like tails bounce across the field 

I've tracked game for miles, recording their animations and sounds. mapping their routes .. Never heard them scream when scared!

god dammit.. good job Devs ....good job  

Edited by J0nathan
  • Like 2

i always passed up this post because i though it was a clan thing, but i was wrong i see. so now i will keep an eye on it from now on. i'm  half blind so live off the land is how i play the game or at least want to play it, but it's hard to do it by your self by getting the loot needed to live off the land . i hope that more crafts are added that don't depend on loot from houses and sheds..