XibaRootS

Cable Car

Do anyone have more info about the cable car? IF it is true that this is coming... oh man, thats gonna be a lot of fun i suppose.

12507364_1034321256637303_37277029622951

12510232_1034321299970632_65378281522014

How the hell is something like that going to even stay powered up for a long period time with no human maintenance to keep it going? Let alone the tools and time you would need to keep something like that in service. Broken down half way or all the way i could see but a fully functional one after however many months or years i cant see. At least not without being sketchy.

The only people that are going to have fun with that thing are the guys with sniper guns aiming at you as you move helplessly above hundreds of feet off the ground. Sticking on the ground is still going to be the better option unless you like ppl to find you easy.

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 5

stairs still kill people in game. this is just asking for mass murder. 

• Like 9

Sounds like a fancy way of 'wiring funds' (aka ready-to-eat-loot) to your favourite shallow grave / corpse heap.

camping made easy :P

• Like 3

snip

It doesn't have to be used really. It's just the aspect of life that used to be in abundance in chernarus before the rage virus hit. I mean, do we NEED all the road blockades and the mass graves plotted around the map? Technically no. However, it adds a sense that something happened before you washed up on the shore of chernarus. I believe that is the main purpose of this.

• Like 4

It doesn't have to be used really. It's just the aspect of life that used to be in abundance in chernarus before the rage virus hit. I mean, do we NEED all the road blockades and the mass graves plotted around the map? Technically no. However, it adds a sense that something happened before you washed up on the shore of chernarus. I believe that is the main purpose of this.

No that i can understand for atmosphere but are they going to be fully functional is the question.

No that i can understand for atmosphere but are they going to be fully functional is the question.

Now? Probably not. The way I see it, they could be. Someone mentioned a LONG time ago (before standalones alpha release) that it would be cool to get a group to repair the powerstation in elektro and provide electricity to a portion of the map. This could very well tie in to that suggestion.

• Like 3

Now? Probably not. The way I see it, they could be. Someone mentioned a LONG time ago (before standalones alpha release) that it would be cool to get a group to repair the powerstation in elektro and provide electricity to a portion of the map. This could very well tie in to that suggestion.

Now if you HAVE to do work to get this thing up and going im all for that but if its as simple as pushing a button or refueling it i would think thats a bit of bs.

• Like 1

This kind of Skilift is on the Taviana (mod) map aswell. It's a nice looking asset and gives you a reason to place some ski-huts and holiday villages on top of the (otherwise empty) mountains. At this point in the map development I don't see where they would fit in, though. Maybe some of the monotonous field/forrest areas in the far north could be remodeled for it. Not a bad idea, if you ask me, because the flat northern border lets us drive/run around the map far too easily and cross over to the western part of the map without a problem. No doubt some high mountains and natural obstacles would prevent this.

I doubt they will be usable at all, but are probably just decoration and part of a new (but realstic) remodeling of the northern parts of the map. They're kind of a guide, like the traintracks and electricity lines. Even though it'd be fun to ride them, you'd have to be suicidal to get on a skilift, where you are a prime target for sniping without any chance to evade/exit. If they wanted to make them usable, they would use gondolas/cabins with the opportunity for cover. It wouldn't look bad or be difficult to add snow to these mountain areas, both as ground texture (layers) or as particle effects (snow instead of rain). It just adds to the variety and you'd need warmer clothes up there. Which is something I like, because there are not enough unique+challenging places on the map and those that are (Prison Island, Skalisky Island, Rify) are not interesting or rewarding enough to visit. 

A fairground would be nice, too. 

>>EDIT<< I just read that the location for this is at Tulga. Which means no snow and not the northern area. I actually like Tulga, because most people don't make the effort to go up there and it's one of the more quiet places to meet.

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

Hello there

I *like* the idea of having them working or not.

As to the reality of it all, well, Im happy to have some creative licence in the game.

But would I ever *risk* going on it? hmmmmmm.

Seems a bit of a bullet magnet.

FYI in the UK we have a water powered Victorian (over 100 years old) hill tram lift which, although it needs repair and maintenance, is purely water powered due to an ingenious use of weight vs gravity and therefore very resistant to Apocalyptic disasters of DAYZ's ilk. (Not that we have many here)

I like it. It adds to the atmosphere and makes one think of things like tourism etc. (Does it precursor some new building types?!? Holiday Camp?)

Rgds

LoK

• Like 3

Ya I would love some more stuff like this , it falls among the things like mini malls , basements , movie theaters , things that we don't NEED but would be soo awesome to have . I would take this puppy on a low pop server all the way to the end if it helps me carry back some tents or gear or what not ! Of course I would want to repair it first though !

• Like 2

UPDATE: FUN FACT: As a child I was once trapped on one of these for many hours. (well, a cable car, but it means I get to bore you with my life story)

L

• Like 2

How the hell is something like that going to even stay powered up for a long period time with no human maintenance to keep it going? Let alone the tools and time you would need to keep something like that in service. Broken down half way or all the way i could see but a fully functional one after however many months or years i cant see. At least not without being sketchy.

Alright, what is the logic of smoking helis then? Would a heli smoke for years? That either makes no sense to me.

• Like 1

People who think this thing is going to be functional are living in a different reality.  It's just a prop.  Seriously mind boggling to me that anyone would think it was anything more.

• Like 4

Alright, what is the logic of smoking helis then? Would a heli smoke for years? That either makes no sense to me.

I agree and by all means unless they actually show helis physically crashing the smoke should be taken out.

• Like 1

a couple of mine heads & winding-gear would be scenic too.

Cable cars are a fine idea,looks OK.

Only a  technicality -  but don't you need mountains for these things (it's traditional)?

Only a  technicality -  but don't you need mountains for these things (it's traditional)?

some theme-parks and zoo's have them over here across flat land.  They're transport first, and a scenic attraction too i suppose. 

It could be from a left-over game reserve or something of the like...

Looks good, but yeah, will not ride that bus.

stairs still kill people in game. this is just asking for mass murder. 

manwhile i will run underneath these things with my barrel in my hands, collecting all the stuff

• Like 3

Seriously? NO MOVING RIVERS and you people think the moving cable car is a debate, more like a obstacle for helicopters if anything

• Like 1

Seriously? NO MOVING RIVERS and you people think the moving cable car is a debate, more like a obstacle for helicopters if anything

HEY im all for moving rivers and ACTUAL REAL LAKES!

• Like 1

oops..

There IS a ski-run on the map already

I'm so dumb I just didn't notice what it was.. I've been past/across it a god few times (maybe I was thinking about something else)

I live in a ski area IRL and the on-map ski-run is a good representation of the last slope /end of a run.. it even has an arrival area /spectator barrier 

So there should be a drag lift, or a wrecked one

xx

UPDATE: FUN FACT: As a child I was once trapped on one of these for many hours. (well, a cable car, but it means I get to bore you with my life story)

L

That explains A LOT. 

• Like 2