Zurvivalist

A NOOB and his chainsaw...

We all have our little unicorn items , Our Mt Dews ( for those of the mod days ) 

Mine is the Chain saw. 

I either can never find it , or when i do , i dont have a camp to store it and get full use of it . 

99% of the time when I actually do find one ... Its in a tree stand where I CANT TAKE IT DOWN 

Actually found 3 up there once... died falling out while trying to get one down ... 

https://youtu.be/70g5Hn3T3hk

BTW , how do i get video to embed ?

Edited by J0nathan
  • Like 1

-snip-

Loot tables and spawn locations are Alpha, like everything else.

Copy the URL from the address bar not the share section of youtube and post "as is".

*sigh*

- go to the bottom of the ladder

- take enough things out of your pack

- go up ladder

- get chainsaw

- go down ladder

- put chainsaw in hands

- put things back in pack

if you don't have a pack that's 5 wide, chainsaws also spawn in other places.  I have one that I got in a shed.

Edited by Red_Ensign
  • Like 2

I thought this topic was something bad, the devs actually where bugging you.

However change the title, i got slammed for making a title much like this.

Never seem to have on the right back back when i find one . 

Havent found one in a shed since early 58 

Like I said, unicorn items 

The entire post was meant kinda as a joke. 

• Like 1

99% of the time when I actually do find one ... Its in a tree stand where I CANT TAKE IT DOWN 

Actually found 3 up there once... died falling out while trying to get one down ... 

..//..

Pick it up in your hands

Put yourself in first person so you can see better

Throw it out  - make sure you see where it goes, climb down and collect it.

xx

• Like 3

I'd like to see deerstands/towers fixed in terms of throwing items out of them, it's a real pain in the ass.

I haven't seen a chainsaw in .59, in .58 I think they were fairly common.  I don't think they should be as rare as they seem to be.

Pick it up in your hands

Put yourself in first person so you can see better

Throw it out  - make sure you see where it goes, climb down and collect it.

xx

the point of the video , is you cant throw them out  of tree stands 

On 12/1/2016 at 2:02 AM, J0nathan said:

the point of the video , is you cant throw them out  of tree stands 

Oh yes ya can

Best way with any object is - get close to the top of the ladder, directly facing it, crouch down, first person view, aim to throw the object through the middle of the doorway, aiming at about the mid top half of the opening.

I'm not sure you can throw anything out across the wooden barrier around a stand  - but I ain't tried much because the doorway works so easily. Just watch where it lands (it can roll or slide or hide in undergrowth, might go a short or a long distance) and if it lands in a tree you're screwed. It might not work on the first throw but it's easy to get the aim if you try a couple of times.

Interesting thing, J0nathan, if you practice, you can throw objects clean out of the door and leave them hanging in the air outside the stand, a foot or so out from the top of the ladder.

However, IMO it is truly very difficult to throw barrels out of hunting stands (for a reason that is obvious, if you try)  - someone could make a video about that?

Seriously, chainsaws are not so obvious - get close to the edge. It is about 50/50 if you throw it out or fall out yourself. Practice by throwing everything you find out of shooting stands. Fairly often, if you throw the stuff out, one or two new loot will spawn; usually a beanie .  :)

xx pilgrim

Edited by pilgrim / pilgrim

Here I was thinking that this thread was about, you know, something serious?

"Can't" ( more specifically, "have some difficulty") throwing things from a deerstand? Probably something wayyyyy down there on the "alpha bugs to fix" list.

More in line with the topic, just find a big enough backpack. Or ..... go without. Its "just" a chainsaw. 

Edited by Whyherro123

Here I was thinking that this thread was about, you know, something serious?

"Can't" ( more specifically, "have some difficulty") throwing things from a deerstand? Probably something wayyyyy down there on the "alpha bugs to fix" list.

More in line with the topic, just find a big enough backpack. Or ..... go without. Its "just" a chainsaw. 

Chainsaws are important to him, man! It's NOT just a chainsaw, OK! (sarcasm)

chainsaw-goofy-o.gif

• Like 3

throwing in general is very bugged, but yeah... i'd just throw as per Pilgrim, because leaving guns/primary's on the ground is dangerous as fk.

• Like 1

We all have our little unicorn items , Our Mt Dews ( for those of the mod days ) 

Mine is the Chain saw. 

I either can never find it , or when i do , i dont have a camp to store it and get full use of it . 

https://youtu.be/70g5Hn3T3hk

have you thought about throwing it down?  :D

ok, nvm, was allready suggested xD

Edited by Zombo
  • Like 1

If you were with friends [ or close to the coast ]

you could maybe just hold it and throw yourself out?

they could catch you.

.. or park your car at the bottom and do it this way

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

JOnathan are you the one who took a chain saw to the deer stand by Gorka to get the three chain saws that was in the stand , and removed it all tougher it's on the map but it's no longer there and it was one of my go to deer stands.

• Like 2

Running around Cherno with a roaring chainsaw and loaded AKM on your back is loads of fun. If you haven't tried it, I recommended that you try it at least once.

• Like 1

Actually found one today in a shed for the first time. No camp to store it in ofcourse due to bugged server and other issues... 

But It was damaged, I played with it a bit , cut down a bunch of trees, got it to badly damaged. 

And nothing i could figure out would repair it . 

Tried tape, rock, tools, weapon cleaning kit. 

Guess the option isnt available yet 

I have found 3 pristine chainsaws in the last 2 days. I tend to fill them up, run around sawing zombies then dump them when they run out of gas. :)

Congratulations on necroposting! 3 years! That's impressive! 🙂

42 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Congratulations on necroposting! 3 years! That's impressive! 🙂

It was a spambot...

But, how about them chainsaws, eh?

• Haha 1

I saw that post. So spambots can necropost threads in a vague not-quite-human-but-I-can't-put-my-finger-on-it manner? Geez.

And yeah, I completely forgot about chainsaws. They were kinda fun against zeds and orchards alike. Will we see them again?

• Beans 1

7 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

I saw that post. So spambots can necropost threads in a vague not-quite-human-but-I-can't-put-my-finger-on-it manner? Geez.

Yes, they are getting smarter. Only after he failed the Voight-Kampff test could I conscientiously terminate him. He put up a good fight too.

• Haha 1