St. Jimmy

DirectX 12 confirmed?

This section contains information about video games in production. It is likely to contain information of a speculative nature, and the content may change dramatically as more information becomes available.

Would be nice though :D

Edited by GunRunner

hey there, 

from what i know, DX12 is confirmed but there is some goals other goals to reach before it happens. they need renderer released first then upgrade to DX11. after that they will start working on Dx12

Well, I don't think DayZ with be "released" in 2016 either.

Well, of course it won't be released in 2016. lol

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

Well, I don't think DayZ with be "released" in 2016 either.

That doesn't really matter as it is, despite the bugs in its current state, better than finished games out there.

I am noticing some great things from Dx12 now. Windows 10 is ok, i just use it because of dx12.

Squad also was mentioned it is going Dx12 on your list. Ark already is Dx12 supported and it runs like a champ. So when dayz is tweaked dx12 should run nicely.

10-20%? improvement or more for some people i would estimate.

Eden then Apex updates for DayZ +/- Arma3 Enfusion engine.

What the hell does this mean? When is Arma 3 switching over to Enfusion from Real Virtuality? Why would they change the engine for an already released game?

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 1

I should have worded it better.

I'm not entirely 100% on this, but i believe Arma3 is getting an Eden developer program/package/thing update, which may also work for DayZ. 

Then there is the Apex which is rumored to include DX12 for Arma3, which may also benefit DayZ.

A quick search of google (with results being spammed by BI information) suggest that Nexus update is live, Eden may be live, and Apex is lacking in any particular techinical details (with me hearing limited rumors of DX12 introduction).

Suffice it to say, all three update packages appear to lean heavily towards Arma3 development, but again, there may be some cross-compatability or co-benefit here.

• Like 1

That doesn't really matter as it is, despite the bugs in its current state, better than finished games out there.

certainly better than H1Z1, weird bunny-hopping in firefights is sooo immersive, don't you think? xD

I should have worded it better.

I'm not entirely 100% on this, but i believe Arma3 is getting an Eden developer program/package/thing update, which may also work for DayZ. 

Then there is the Apex which is rumored to include DX12 for Arma3, which may also benefit DayZ.

A quick search of google (with results being spammed by BI information) suggest that Nexus update is live, Eden may be live, and Apex is lacking in any particular techinical details (with me hearing limited rumors of DX12 introduction).

Suffice it to say, all three update packages appear to lean heavily towards Arma3 development, but again, there may be some cross-compatability or co-benefit here.

Right, right. I remember reading about the Eden update a little while back. There was a post about it on the main menu feed of Arma 3. I think it has to do with the scenario editor being much more in-depth. Not very sure about Apex. Off to Google I go. 

Hope I didn't come off sounding like a dick, btw. I was just genuinely bewildered.

EDIT:

Apex is a content expansion including a bad ass looking new South Pacific map.

I'm already excited about a DayZ port of this map.

Edited by ColdAtrophy

8 hours ago, Tarrin said:

Any news here in 2018th?

"no current plans for this as there are technical limitations".

/s

For real though. I don't see it happening ever anymore.

Also that was quite a necro.

Edited by DannyDog