Sign in to follow this  
tatchell (DayZ)

Up-to-date Gun Comparison: CR527 vs IZH 18?

So being able to have a sawn off "rifle" in addition to the mosin is a bad thing. I like variety, crappy guns or not when you're down on your luck and finally find a gun that goes with some ammo you're carrying it's always a "happy" moment.

So being able to have a sawn off "rifle" in addition to the mosin is a bad thing. I like variety, crappy guns or not when you're down on your luck and finally find a gun that goes with some ammo you're carrying it's always a "happy" moment.

As said if the improve the sawn of mechanic than it might become useful. Just think your example through. Why would you switch from a mosin to the sawn off? Mosin does more damage and can shoot multiple times and switching takes ages, just to shoot 1 bullet its awful. 1 bullet in close range will probably always be awful so I dont know if they really can improve it.

And again if you are "happy" that you found an IZH then you would also be happy if you would find a CR.

I really like variety too but it should be meaningful otherwise the world will fill with junk..

@me1andme2

It's dayZ, guns and ammo take some time to match up. You find a gun and ammo to go then in my opinion you're all set.

But opinions differ.

IZH has it's place for sure.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

@me1andme2

It's dayZ, guns and ammo take some time to match up. You find a gun and ammo to go then in my opinion you're all set.

But opinions differ.

IZH has it's place for sure.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

What is it's place?

What is it's place?

It doesn't need a "place", it's not a competitive game where you choose your loadout and each weapon has balanced pros and cons. As a cheap gun which seems to sell well in former Eastern Bloc countries it's a good addition to the weapons list. Once it accepts a scope and the various spawns are worked out it may be a bit more useful but not every weapon is going to be equal.

Go back and read the actual assesments of the gun earlier in the thread.

Pretty sure it's been summed up pretty good already.

It doesn't need a "place", it's not a competitive game where you choose your loadout and each weapon has balanced pros and cons. As a cheap gun which seems to sell well in former Eastern Bloc countries it's a good addition to the weapons list. Once it accepts a scope and the various spawns are worked out it may be a bit more useful but not every weapon is going to be equal.

Weapons don't have to be "equal", they just have to be useful, or different enough to justify taking up a weapon spawn.

Right now, the CR527 does literally everything better than the IZH-18. Can be chambered in single-shot, can already accept a scope, can be painted, and can accept a relatively-common magazine. They even fulfill the same "role", that of a popular hunters weapon. I, in all seriousness, have found more CR527s than I have IZH-18s. My clan makes regular use of the CR527, with and without the scope, and with and without the magazines, but we have never used the IZH-18.

Much like the Derringer and Sporter, the IZH-18 looks cool on paper, but when you actually try to use it, its flaws are readily apparent. It isn't even that useful as "babby's first gun", considering how you can walk down the street and pick up a shotgun and 15 rounds, then go ROFLstomp a geared-out bandit into the dirt with ease.

This is an apparent issue with the 7.62x39mm in general, and many bullets in particular, but I have had some serious bad luck with putting people down with it recently. I shot a bambi center-mass the other day (from around 50 meters or so, and the round impacted in between the upper torso and the stomach), and they still had the ability to sprint up to me, Rocky Balboa style. I had to pull out a shotgun,  break their legs, then splatter their dome.

If bullets actually behaved like bullets, then the IZH-18 might actually be useful. But, right now, another relatively-common firearm does literally the same thing, while possibly being "better". No dice.

• Like 1

IzH adds another step to the progression towards being geared. You obtain pistol with no mag but you have rounds. Sweet! Then you find 7.62x39mm rounds but have no weapon to fire them. Rats! Then you find a pretty little IzH in a house to fire those bullets with. Sweet! Then you either shoot some other idiot with it and take his better gun, or you find a CR/sks/mosin etc etc and upgrade to that. Rpg 101 guys.

• Like 1

There really are a whole heap of different shirts and shoes and hats that have the same properties.

But also there are some clothes not waterproof, or warmer, or they have more pockets, or they are not camo, or they are loud colors, some clothing can be torn into rags or repaired, some can't.

... some are bright yellow AND waterproof ( did I already mention that?).. Some players love the green rubber boots but  other players don't like them.

if two things are "the same" but one is "better" than the other then obviously at least one of them should be taken out of the game.

On the other hand, if all "hunting rifles" could be replaced by RPG7s. this will make hunting easier  ATM - as long as plenty spawn in shooting stands.

:)  Variety is great =  players like different stuff for different reasons or they make do with what they've got - plain shirt / check shirt -  myself I like the plain green, but I wouldn't be seen dead in the red check shirt unless I only had one shirt.

-snip-

But, that is just the thing.

The different varieties of "Check shirts" aren't all different things, that fulfill different roles or do different things. They are just different colored shirts. 

Not including that many articles of clothing don't exactly "behave" as they should (really, "check shirts" should be semi-decent articles of clothing, instead of the eye-candy they are), but most of the different pieces of clothing do "different things". Military jackets provide camouflage in different environments, raincoats prevent you from getting wet in rain, insulated jackets keep you warm, and cargo pants provide more carrying space. They all do (or really, "should") different "things".

I view the CR527 and the IZH-18 like two different varieties of a Double-barrel shotgun, for lack of a better example. We already have the IZH-43, so we realllllyyyy don't need a Winchester Model 24 double barrel. We don't "need" another .308 Winchester bolt-action rifle. All of the various firearms in game represent various categories: Military surplus bolt action, military surplus semi-auto, high-value bolt-action, automatic pistols in various calibers, etc. 

I am still rather confused as to why we have 4 different 9mm automatic handguns, 2 with literally the same magazine size. Cut it down to 2, or even one. Asides from the fact that the Makarov and P1 are almost laughably unused.

Weapons don't have to be "equal", they just have to be useful, or different enough to justify taking up a weapon spawn.

Right now, the CR527 does literally everything better than the IZH-18. Can be chambered in single-shot, can already accept a scope, can be painted, and can accept a relatively-common magazine. They even fulfill the same "role", that of a popular hunters weapon. I, in all seriousness, have found more CR527s than I have IZH-18s. My clan makes regular use of the CR527, with and without the scope, and with and without the magazines, but we have never used the IZH-18.

Much like the Derringer and Sporter, the IZH-18 looks cool on paper, but when you actually try to use it, its flaws are readily apparent. It isn't even that useful as "babby's first gun", considering how you can walk down the street and pick up a shotgun and 15 rounds, then go ROFLstomp a geared-out bandit into the dirt with ease.

This is an apparent issue with the 7.62x39mm in general, and many bullets in particular, but I have had some serious bad luck with putting people down with it recently. I shot a bambi center-mass the other day (from around 50 meters or so, and the round impacted in between the upper torso and the stomach), and they still had the ability to sprint up to me, Rocky Balboa style. I had to pull out a shotgun,  break their legs, then splatter their dome.

If bullets actually behaved like bullets, then the IZH-18 might actually be useful. But, right now, another relatively-common firearm does literally the same thing, while possibly being "better". No dice.

We won't be able to agree because we seem to have completely different criteria for these items. Depends if they want to make this more game or more simulator. The former? Select weapons because they have some unique features and/or contribute to game balance. Latter? List of items is dictated by whatever real-life situation the game is based on, and the only thing the IZH has to do is help represent common civilian firearms. For that reason I think this rifle is one of the best selections they've made.

The first criteria above excludes so many weapons. No bolt-action .22, too useless compared to pumps, levers and semis. CZ75, Hi-Power, SIG or Glock: pick one. Remington / CZ / Browning / Tikka / SAKO / Savage / Sauer / Ruger / Howa / Weatherby .308 (or similar) hunting rifle? Nope, despite representing the most common type of civilian rifle... all similar to Winchester, so only one will be chosen from this vast category. Same criticisms of IZH-18 goes for any single-shot rifle. Etc.

Do I use the IZH-18? Nope. It sucks and I always find something better before I find ammo. Even if loot spawns, damage and movement was fixed, it would still be inferior. Given that guns are used for PVP, why would anyone want a single-shot instead of a bolt-action? But unless there are guns spawning everywhere as now, we may not get to pick and choose so easily.

Cheap fairly popular rifle, deserves to be in game. There are quite a few weapons I'd rather get rid of.

We won't be able to agree because we seem to have completely different criteria for these items. Depends if they want to make this more game or more simulator. The former? Select weapons because they have some unique features and/or contribute to game balance. Latter? List of items is dictated by whatever real-life situation the game is based on, and the only thing the IZH has to do is help represent common civilian firearms. For that reason I think this rifle is one of the best selections they've made.

The first criteria above excludes so many weapons. No bolt-action .22, too useless compared to pumps, levers and semis. CZ75, Hi-Power, SIG or Glock: pick one. Remington / CZ / Browning / Tikka / SAKO / Savage / Sauer / Ruger / Howa / Weatherby .308 (or similar) hunting rifle? Nope, despite representing the most common type of civilian rifle... all similar to Winchester, so only one will be chosen from this vast category. Same criticisms of IZH-18 goes for any single-shot rifle. Etc.

Do I use the IZH-18? Nope. It sucks and I always find something better before I find ammo. Even if loot spawns, damage and movement was fixed, it would still be inferior. Given that guns are used for PVP, why would anyone want a single-shot instead of a bolt-action? But unless there are guns spawning everywhere as now, we may not get to pick and choose so easily.

Cheap fairly popular rifle, deserves to be in game. There are quite a few weapons I'd rather get rid of.

Bolt-action .22LR: I agree, Get rid of the Amphibia, give us a "CR427" (http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-452-scout-22lr-beech-single-shot-adapter/)

Automatic Pistol: The CR75, hands down. "The locally-produced" automatic, that was likely the service pistol for the CDF and the Chernarus Police? It makes the most sense.

Bolt-Action rifle: I would rather have a "local" .308/equivalent bolt action, but they gave us the Winchester

"Civilian hunting firearm"....... you mean the CR527, the "locally produced in-country" brush gun? Lightweight, can accept a scope, and can be chambered and accept magazines? 

I dunno, I just don't think it is worthwhile taking up a possible weapon spawn. There are quite a number of firearms I feel the exact same way about

Variety is fun.  I used to use the double barrel in the mod because I wanted a challenge.  It turned out it was pretty good for its own reasons, though arguably it was still one of the worst guns in the mod.  Likewise in the SA most people are going to grab a pump over the double barrel, just like they'll grab an akm over an sks or whatever.  If all we had was the "best" version of everything the game would be super stale.

The izh rifle is a piece of junk, but I'm glad it's in.  I was using it the other day and although I didn't get to for very long as I ran headlong into a guy by accident, I still want to return to that.  It's fun and it's potentially a good way to work on your aim as well.

Taking up a "spawn" is a weird way of looking at things.  Especially because the spawn rates aren't equal or all shared.  Not always finding what you want is also part of the game.

"Taking up a weapon spawn" what does that mean? Diluting the lethality of firearms in the loot table? I don't see what's wrong with that if weapons are difficult to find and field. Ya, if we always have a choice, it's a waste of space. But I doubt it will always be that way

I'd be curious to see how the: "This game is all about PVP." and "This gun is junk." crowds overlap. I'm willing to be they are much the same. 

This gun would allow me to kill a deer, cow, or whatever to get the food I desperately need. In fact I did the other day. I got my butt off the coast and ran inland. I was able to find water and a few apples to tide me over. Then I found a boar and was able to shoot it at range and that fed me to energized with plenty to spare. Found loose ammo in a deerstand and the gun in a house. 

Sure other guns would do it as well or better, but if I run into this gun and the ammo and nothing else that matches guess what I'll do. It should be more common than the CR527 for game balance. This would give me an advantage (once they eliminate super sprint) against melee and a chance against other guns. Would I go looking for trouble with it? No, but typically you don't get to dictate when trouble comes and I think this is a solid progression gun I can find all over the place.

• Like 3

I'd be curious to see how the: "This game is all about PVP." and "This gun is junk." crowds overlap. I'm willing to be they are much the same. 

This gun would allow me to kill a deer, cow, or whatever to get the food I desperately need. In fact I did the other day. I got my butt off the coast and ran inland. I was able to find water and a few apples to tide me over. Then I found a boar and was able to shoot it at range and that fed me to energized with plenty to spare. Found loose ammo in a deerstand and the gun in a house. 

Sure other guns would do it as well or better, but if I run into this gun and the ammo and nothing else that matches guess what I'll do. It should be more common than the CR527 for game balance. This would give me an advantage (once they eliminate super sprint) against melee and a chance against other guns. Would I go looking for trouble with it? No, but typically you don't get to dictate when trouble comes and I think this is a solid progression gun I can find all over the place.

Amen amigo. I wonder the same thing myself. And I like your view/stance on the IZH/CR527 topic.

Alas people have made up their minds and it seems there's two (at a minimum) very different groups/mind sets when it comes to peoples opinions on DayZ. The lone wolf, survivalist types will always differ in opinion from the big squad PVP focused groups. It's just how it is, I only hope BI sticks to their guns with development and once modding comes along everyone will get to play the DayZ they enjoy.

..//..

Why would you switch from a mosin to the sawn off? Mosin does more damage and can shoot multiple times and switching takes ages, just to shoot 1 bullet its awful. 1 bullet in close range will probably always be awful so I dont know if they really can improve it.

..//..

Well:

You just found a loaded sawn off in the middle of some battle and you grab it and get out of the way, you also got 1 can of ruined beans.. (that's all..) but you survived past your spawn

NOW up country a while later you have found a .22 rifle AND in the next bedroom a full mag - (lucky dude)

And at this moment you are searching through some houses at the edge of town, looking for something a little better before you go big time

And you wonder to yourself:

"If I edge through that doorway and (bad luck) a kitted guy with an assault rifle comes running through face to face the other way - which do I want in my hand ?

The .22 or the Sawn Off ?

This is not a "problem" about the game - it is a "decision" you have to make IN the game.

Myself, I'd rather have the sawn off.. ( either obrez or shotgun I don't much care)  - I won't have the time to to pull the trigger more than once.

Other folk will have different opinions - that's fine too.

xx

Amen amigo. I wonder the same thing myself. And I like your view/stance on the IZH/CR527 topic.

Alas people have made up their minds and it seems there's two (at a minimum) very different groups/mind sets when it comes to peoples opinions on DayZ. The lone wolf, survivalist types will always differ in opinion from the big squad PVP focused groups. It's just how it is, I only hope BI sticks to their guns with development and once modding comes along everyone will get to play the DayZ they enjoy.

You just mostly hear from one of those two groups because "survivalists" like to sit around and bitch that the game isn't "survival" enough, and then take their aggression out on the people who like to primarily pvp, who in turn defend themselves.  So you mainly see those two extremes and most of the other people go on playing the game instead of sitting around the forums talking about it.

Edited by Bororm
  • Like 1

Well:

You just found a loaded sawn off in the middle of some battle and you grab it and get out of the way, you also got 1 can of ruined beans.. (that's all..) but you survived past your spawn

NOW up country a while later you have found a .22 rifle AND in the next bedroom a full mag - (lucky dude)

And at this moment you are searching through some houses at the edge of town, looking for something a little better before you go big time

And you wonder to yourself:

"If I edge through that doorway and (bad luck) a kitted guy with an assault rifle comes running through face to face the other way - which do I want in my hand ?

This is not a "problem" about the game - it is a "decision" you have to make IN the game.

Myself, I'd rather have the sawn off.. ( either obrez or shotgun I don't much care)  - I won't have the time to to pull the trigger more than once.

Other folk will have different opinions - that's fine too.

xx

I was talking about a fighting situation where you had a loaded mosin and a sawn of as backup. maybe that wasnt clear enough sry

2nd your scenario has an actual right answer, the Sporter (only 22 rifle with a mag). The IZH doesn’t kill with a single shot (except to the head but so does the 22(worst case he’s unconscious)) so saying you prefer it because you doesn’t like to "pull the trigger more than once" is nonsensical. The 22 on the other hand can kill before you have reloaded the IZH. The 22 does more dps and has a shorter "time to kill" so it’s objectively better for close quarter combat no opinions needed here - thats math.

If you wanna keep the gun for flair/rp, fine - that’s your opinion.

If you are in love with its iron sight,  fine - your thing

But

Don’t try to argue that that weapon has any value in pvp by putting it in some weird scenarios.

Edited by Me1andMe2

I was talking about a fighting situation where you had a loaded mosin and a sawn of as backup. maybe that wasnt clear enough sry

2nd your scenario has an actual right answer, the Sporter (only 22 rifle with a mag). The IZH doesn’t kill with a single shot (except to the head but so does the 22(worst case he’s unconscious)) so saying you prefer it because you doesn’t like to "pull the trigger more than once" is nonsensical. The 22 on the other hand can kill before you have reloaded the IZH. The 22 does more dps and has a shorter "time to kill" so it’s objectively better for close quarter combat no opinions needed here - thats math.

If you are in love with its iron sight,  fine - your thing

But

Don’t try to argue that that weapon has any value in pvp by putting it in some weird scenarios.

'scuse me M&M,

weird scenarios is what Dayz is about.. so you 1-shot the guy accurately in his helmet and then he sprayed you, bad luck

if you want a 100% pvp game, or you only want to pvp, there are better than this - look around; there are games where you can even choose your loadout.

But no problem, if you set out to pvp with your weapons of choice in DayZ go right ahead, go and find those weapons and don't get shot on the way there. I have ZERO problem with the way you play. If you want to fight with baseball bats or snare rabbits that's 100% ok with me too.. really.. do what you feel.

but in this game you start with no weapons, in your underwear, is that what you'd call normal pvp?

How you deal with DayZ is your choice, the way I deal with it is my choice - I don't see any flag to capture, etc - you possibly think a fishing pole and an axe is more of a waste of time than an AK

but suppose your AK has no ammo left?.. maybe you can poke the dude with your fishing pole? or maybe you have a spare gun in your mini damaged backpack

But why would you be wearing a small backpack when you could be wearing a large one?

Well - that's because you are playing DayZ - ALL the stuff that happens in this game are "scenarios"

For your style of play, you have made an intelligent decision about what weapon you want if you can find it. You will find that other folk make other decisions and have other styles of play.

Even in straight PvP - or IRL - it's sometimes worth remembering - an enemy you don't understand can be more dangerous than one who thinks the same as you.

xx

Edited by pilgrim

'scuse me M&M,

xx

300+ words. Completely offtopic and no substance besides "this is more than a (typical) PvP games" (see 7 words same message). No idea why you even brought it up (because i said its bad in pvp? the scenario that YOU mentioned?). It seems like you just pick some keywords(scenario, pvp), completely ignore any context, and write what currently runs through your mind. No matter if this even fits in the current discussion in anyway.

I am sorry if I am begin rude but you keep repeating it over and over again. You keep ignoring points that have been brought up bring up no counter points but tell stories that span multiple sentences just to get across a point that could have been depicted with a few words and still is no real counter argument.

Finally I will leave you an examination of our previous comments so that you understand what I expect of a discussion so that we can have better discussions in the future.

You just found a loaded sawn off in the….

Since you brought up a completely different scenario than I aimed at I wanted to set it straight and make the scenario I was talking about clear

2nd your scenario has an actual right answer, the Sporter

Here I show my answer to your question (Sporter)

Myself, I'd rather have the sawn off.. ( either obrez or shotgun I don't much care) - I won't have the time to to pull the trigger more than once.

The IZH doesn’t kill with a single shot (except to the head but so does the 22(worst case he’s unconscious)) so saying you prefer it because you doesn’t like to "pull the trigger more than once" is nonsensical

Here I show why I think that your answer of your question doesn’t make sense. Argument(only pull trigger once) and Counterargument(1 body shot is meaningless)

Myself, I'd rather have the sawn off.. ( either obrez or shotgun I don't much care) - I won't have the time to to pull the trigger more than once.

The 22 on the other hand can kill before you have reloaded the IZH. The 22 does more dps and has a shorter "time to kill" so it’s objectively better for close quarter combat no opinions needed here - thats math.

Here I give my argument that the 22 is better, some backup. So instead of just opinions I present facts (more shots, quick fire rate, shorter time to kill)

If you are in love with its iron sight, fine - your thing

Here I show that there can be reasons for the weapon but they are not related to the mechanics of game but to your taste. Nothing wrong with that but not a strong argument imo.

Here I want to make it clear that no matter the scenario you will not give this weapon value in pvp (as shown 22 won). I called it weird because your scenario implies getting a sawed of weapon + ammo and a 22 rile + mag and nothing else (weapon wise) which is unlikely and will not happen often (not impossible but still unlikely since other better weapon are easier to get and more common).

Now to your last comment

weird scenarios is what Dayz is about.. so you 1-shot the guy accurately in his helmet and then he sprayed you, bad luck

1) Never claimed that it is or is not about weird scenarios

2) Only your opinion. So don't present it like a fact even though I agree

3) No idea what the headshot part is about. Is it another weird scenario? Is it about the cruelty of dayz? What is it aimed at? I have no idea

if you want a 100% pvp game, or you only want to pvp ….

Never made a claim like this.

Just because I made a comment about the pvp or think it is important im suddenly 100% pvp. Also a quick passive aggressive “Hey do you know there is COD” before there is the pseudo friendly “but its fine” part.

Overall no reason for this paragraph no real arguments were made no counterpoints presented.

but in this game you start with no weapons, in your underwear, is that what you'd call normal pvp?

Completely different discussion with information that everybody knows. Is it a normal pvp? What is normal? What has this question to do with the current discussion? Utterly different discussion that is not needed.

How you deal with DayZ is your choice, the way I deal with it is my choice - I don't see any flag to capture, etc - you possibly think a fishing pole and an axe is more of a waste of time than an AK

but suppose your AK has no ammo left?.. maybe you can poke the dude with your fishing pole? or maybe you have a spare gun in your mini damaged backpack

But why would you be wearing a small backpack when you could be wearing a large one?

Comparisons of weapons tools, and clothing out of the blue.

Explaining things that nobody asked for (we all know that an ak without ammo is not as good as an axe, thanks) and that makes no sense (weapons and tools have their own slot so why did you bring it up again?) Then you moved to clothes (I see backpack as clothes) in the last sentence which are a whole discussion in their own rights.

I didn’t mention any of this. I didn’t say any of this is false or true. Why bring it up? Just to get to the point that you can take “inferior” items( the small backpack) because you want? Despite the point that clothes have vastly different criteria than weapons?

Well - that's because you are playing DayZ - ALL the stuff that happens in this game are "scenarios"

For your style of play, you have made an intelligent decision about what weapon you want. You will find hat other folk make other decisions and might have other styles of play.

Still keeping with the Dayz can be played how you want part. Still wondering how this has anything to do with the IZH. You can still do it with the IZH removed. You can still do it with the IZH replaced. How a “style” of play is reliant on this weapon I don’t know.

I have already said if you want it for rp or flair fine. But there is no reason to repeat the same thing over and over again. Its your opinion and that’s fine but as said before keep it at that and don’t try to say it has any other value by saying it is good when used this or that way as you have tried in your previous comment

• Like 1

I do both because until I meet up with my group I am all alone and I'd rather a gun with a chance of a one shot knockout than many other things. Sure the CR527 is better as it does what the IZH does plus "upgrades" when you find the parts... but you don't always find the parts. We are being spoiled right now with loot. I doubt it will stay this way forever. I find guns everywhere and ammo so yeah I can decide which is better. When the choice becomes this or nothing... people might see merit in the gun. ;)

You just mostly hear from one of those two groups because "survivalists" like to sit around and bitch that the game isn't "survival" enough, and then take their aggression out on the people who like to primarily pvp, who in turn defend themselves.  So you mainly see those two extremes and most of the other people go on playing the game instead of sitting around the forums talking about it.

Uh huh... because both sides don't bitch, just the one.  :rolleyes: 

You have several people in this thread alone complaining how this gun that they consider worthless for PVP is taking up the spawn slot of a "good gun". 

DayZ needs to be a mix. If it is all survival I can do that in other games like "The Long Dark" or "The Island". If it is all PVP I can do that in other games like ARMA III Wasteland/Exile or a dozen other FPS. 

Uh huh... because both sides don't bitch, just the one.  :rolleyes:

You have several people in this thread alone complaining how this gun that they consider worthless for PVP is taking up the spawn slot of a "good gun". 

DayZ needs to be a mix. If it is all survival I can do that in other games like "The Long Dark" or "The Island". If it is all PVP I can do that in other games like ARMA III Wasteland/Exile or a dozen other FPS. 

Honestly?  It mostly is the one side who bitches.  You rarely see pvpers complaining about farming and shit because they just don't bother with it if they aren't into it.  I suppose that's the "problem," that you aren't forced to pve but you are pretty much forced to pvp.  The real problem is people who don't realize that's what the game is about.

BTW the guy you're referring to who said it takes up a "good" gun spot is one of those hardcore "survivalist" people I'm talking about.  And on the flip side I'd consider myself a "pvper" if we're categorizing ourselves and you can see my own stance on it in my other post.

Edited by Bororm

Giving the IZH another go, to practice my aim mainly.

The 7.62x39 round is really weak.  I shot a dude in the head and he just shrugged it off and ran.  He had a gorka helmet on, but that was pretty disappointing.  I was only about 50m away.

Shot another guy in the leg first, then his head.  Killed him (no helmet).

I think going for leg shots is the way to go, which is kinda true of every gun imo.  People are just too tanky and too mobile.  Headshots are unreliable, and chest shots even more so.

A final note:  The reload is really fucked for this gun.  Half the time it won't play the animation.  I had a strange animation bug while running with it as well, where my character was stuttering.