Sign in to follow this  
tatchell (DayZ)

Up-to-date Gun Comparison: CR527 vs IZH 18?

Okay, so I'm yet to find a comparison between the characteristics of these two rifles (IZH18 and CR527), let alone one that is up-to-date.

So question is, besides the fact that the CR has a magazine option, which rifle actually shoots better? Greater damage? More accurate? Etc etc.

Cheers

About the same if you have no scope or magazine and no comparison otherwise. Technically IZH is more accurate but not in practice.

• Like 1

CR527 is basically the better option.

Damage and accuracy are basically the same since they both use the same round which is the only factor of how the gun will shoot and how hard it'll hit.

CR527 has a 5 round box mag (+1 in chamber) opposed to the single shot of the IZH18, and the CR527 can take a hunting scope, increasing it range and accuracy by quite a bit.

Edited by NexDemise

The IZH rifle is yet another firearm in Day Z that appears to be utterly useless. I can't think of ANY time when I was actually glad to see the IZH, nor when I was actually forced to use it due to lack of firearm.

The CR527 can be chambered, can accept a scope, or can use a quick-release 5rnd magazine. The IZH ..... can accept a single round. If anything, the IZH should be all-but-immune to jamming ..... if firearm malfunctions are ever included.

• Like 1

The IZH rifle is yet another firearm in Day Z that appears to be utterly useless. I can't think of ANY time when I was actually glad to see the IZH, nor when I was actually forced to use it due to lack of firearm.

picture a guy wasting 40 rounds taking you down, only to discover that's the gun he won. XD  lol

• Like 2

picture a guy wasting 40 rounds taking you down, only to discover that's the gun he won. XD  lol

That's literally the only reason that I like to carry a sawn-off Mosin.

If were not including magazine size, you can throw a scope onto the 527. Though I much prefer the iron sights on the IZH18

It is indeed useless when you have a better gun but from playing a few hours yesterday the izh seems pretty common and its ammo isn't too rare either. If you don't go to police stations or military bases it is very likely to be the first gun you find with ammo imo.

It is indeed useless when you have a better gun but from playing a few hours yesterday the izh seems pretty common and its ammo isn't too rare either. If you don't go to police stations or military bases it is very likely to be the first gun you find with ammo imo.

I was at a mil base the other day and there had to be 10 sks' laying around and just as many ak74s. No ammo for anything but if i didnt have a mosin and my amphibian id def look at grabbing an sks. Although, apparently 7.62x39 ammo is now only found at mil bases? Which would be dumb when there are 3 rifles that use that round and 2 of those 3 are def civilian use rifles.

I was at a mil base the other day and there had to be 10 sks' laying around and just as many ak74s. No ammo for anything but if i didnt have a mosin and my amphibian id def look at grabbing an sks. Although, apparently 7.62x39 ammo is now only found at mil bases? Which would be dumb when there are 3 rifles that use that round and 2 of those 3 are def civilian use rifles.

7.62x39mm does spawn in civilian houses rarely, usually as loose rounds. It might also spawn in deer stands but I have never seen it there. If you're going through houses and deer stands you'll likely find a mosin, blaze, or a winchester, and ammo for them, before finding 7.62x39mm.

Basically, IZH is what Blaze used to be before the hunting scope. You can kill someone with it, but basically everything (with a mag) is better. If it could accept a scope then it would be at least usable as a poor man's sniper rifle until they come across a better one.

I'd say they have same ballistics. I don't think devs went too deep with that in alpha.

Why is it in game? It's because they wanted to water down loot table. If there is more "junk" items devs can make loot spawns less repeating. Just like we had junk items in mod: soda cans, toilet paper, razors...

• Like 1

Don't forget the IZH can be sawed off for quite a powerful little backup, coupled with reloading from the hotbar it's actually not that bad.

And as for ammo, 7.62x39 can be found quite easily while looting cars, homes and I've honestly found more boxed 7.62x39 in deerstands than .308(I actually can't remember finding any .308 in deerstands this patch) since .59. I was pretty damn psyched the first time I came across it in a civilian spawn.

Granted I really do like the CR 527, great little gun especially with a mag. And you can even put the sweet camo paint job on it!

• Like 2

I find it in deer stands.

• Like 1

..//.. apparently 7.62x39 ammo is now only found at mil bases? Which would be dumb when there are 3 rifles that use that round and 2 of those 3 are def civilian use rifles.

The IZH rifle is yet another firearm in Day Z that appears to be utterly useless. ..//...

'Rifle' [hunting] and 'Military rifle' [assault or sniper]  are two different types of gun. Both exist for good reasons. You can fish with a grenade but this does not mean that fishing rods are obsolete or 'stupid' and 'utterly useless'. IMO if you shoot chickens with an assault rifle you ar a sick person (ok, ..still friends?)

Mad Vlad is 100% right  = good dude! = 3 Beans

7.62x39 is the MOST common ammo I've found right across the map - in boxes (I ain't going to point you to them, but there are plenty) and also lying loose in civilian houses - This is the most frequent ammo type I have found in rural places and villages since 0.59.  Literally I throw 40 or 80 rounds away every time I need pack space. I dump it in bushes so the AK freaks don't get it.

I find 7.62x39 in a lot more locations than claimed on any of the sites (and today I checked all the usual online maps).

You may want to hunt and survive or you my want to go to war? (your choice)

Up here where I live there is a saying about single-shot rifles - "a real hunter does not need a second shot"

OK - so to be practical anywhere in Chernarus and not waste your lives at mil places doing the rambo-up (ya flattops) to impress your girlfriends and boyfriends:

= There are three ammo types by far the MOST generally useful in the game AND common across the map. Seeing as you dont know which guns or ammo you might come across first, these are the best choices (myself, I don't like .22):

1 ) 7.62x39  = for  SKS, AKM, IZH18, CR527 (three are common in civilian places - but the SKS seems rareI (IMO?) haven't seen one in this patch.

2 ) 9mm = good for 4 different handguns. Three of them need mags, but the Mauser does not, so do yourself a favor, it is non-military loot spawn + ten shots. I have also found some pistol mags in civilian locations .

3 ) 12 Gauge shells = a dozen in a corner of your pack are as useful as a knife or a fishook. Shotguns can show up anywhere frequently, if you feel the need ATM you can load it, carry it, then dump it.. just keep  one load of shells.

Gews has said everything need to know about the CR527 (Brno Fox) and IZI 18.

Also hey both make a lot of noise, they both hit hard,and they both take paint-spray and ghilie wrap.

( Range 100-350? )

xx

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

Yeah the whole ammo system, gun system is broken right now. The more they work on that the more that will be fixed.

Finding no ammo for guns, in use around the map is dull. Finding infected around the map, and only able to use is an axe is dull.

fighting pvp with an axe is dull. So lets play house and build some? dull.

Hopefully the dull wears off and the guns return to normal, and the game actually starts getting finished. These tests have already been done enough... before it becomes dull in the end.

Its playable, add in the features that we have already alpha tested and let us play the game. If you add vehicles then so be it.

Half of the items spawning are not spawning and half have already been added to the game. If you want 100 people all searching for that 1 axe in the firehouse....... dull

simply put.

• Like 1

Wut? you cant find ammo? I find guns and ammo way to common as it is now. Yesterday I found at least twenty guns on my way from Berezino to Dolina. And ammo for at least five different types. How is this dull? what do you want, Large piles of fully specced M4's at the entrypoint of every town? I'd prefer it if the guns and ammo were much rarer so you held  on hard to any gun and ammo you find, knowing there might not be another one. Nowadays when you go to the airfield you dont meet guys weilding a shotgun, chambere dpistol or crossbow. You meet fully geared guys carrying a FAL, SVD and AKS and tons of ammo. Thats what I think is dull.

As for the IZ-H, If they only made it so you could fit the hunting scope(it has a rail) and possibly a bipod, but the scope is enough, it would suddenly become a contender. Its quite nice to shoot it but the single-action sucks big time. You die against everything unless you are sneaking up on people.

The CR is a nice looking gun and looks even greater with the scope but I feel as if theres something wrong with it. I usually fire it single shot, even if I have a mag, as you can see where your shots land that way and almost always shots over 400 m miss. And its not that they go high or low, they veer off left or right. I've even had a guy in my crosshair at 150m , fully rested, holding breath and missed. I dont know how its possible and it doesnt happen with the mosoin, blaze or winchester. Even the SKS doesnt have this problem and fires the same round.

Can anyone confirm that the scope bug with the CR is nullified once the rifle is painted camouflage? Had a camo CR and noticed that it wasn't pulling my eye out of scope to chamber mid firefight. I assumed that the new year patch had fixed the bug, but my new, non-painted CR still has the same glitch.

7.62x39mm does spawn in civilian houses rarely, usually as loose rounds. It might also spawn in deer stands but I have never seen it there. If you're going through houses and deer stands you'll likely find a mosin, blaze, or a winchester, and ammo for them, before finding 7.62x39mm.

I check deer stands religiously. I can confirm that boxes of 7.62x39mm rounds do indeed spawn in them, though it is quite uncommon. 

Yeah the whole ammo system, gun system is broken right now. The more they work on that the more that will be fixed.

Finding no ammo for guns, in use around the map is dull. Finding infected around the map, and only able to use is an axe is dull.

fighting pvp with an axe is dull. So lets play house and build some? dull.

Hopefully the dull wears off and the guns return to normal, and the game actually starts getting finished. These tests have already been done enough... before it becomes dull in the end.

Its playable, add in the features that we have already alpha tested and let us play the game. If you add vehicles then so be it.

Half of the items spawning are not spawning and half have already been added to the game. If you want 100 people all searching for that 1 axe in the firehouse....... dull

simply put.

This is not my experience at all.  This patch is actually pretty fantastic for finding guns and ammo.  The ammo is a bit rarer than guns, but it's still abundant.  The guns are fucking every where though.

This patch basically has more loot than the previous one (which wasn't bad), especially with loot auto turning itself over every 30 mins.  Helicopters on 1 hour respawns also means an abundance of heli loot if that's what you're into.  I don't go for AKs and mil gear, but that is the most common stuff by far.

I mean, this patch is probably one of the best patches in a while as far as loot is concerned.

Edited by Bororm
  • Like 1

Only twice have I found them before I found another firearm. All the other times I stumbled across the IZH, I had found either a shotgun or an axe, both of which have more easily-found ammunition  :P .

And, the two times I found the IZH rifle before anything else, I usually found other forms of ammunition first. I have actually only used the IZH rifle once, and that was because my clan-mate gave me some loose rounds from their AK. I shot several zombies with it, thought "this thing is going to get me killed if we come across a player", and promptly picked up a shotgun.

Again, the thing is all-but useless. When the broken shotguns (before the latest patch, of course) are more preferable, something is wrong.

I killed my first player with the IZH y-day. He was standing still, looting a guy he just murdered so it was an easy 150 m shot. Give the gun a scope and it could be good. I found some ammo for it earlier and was actually looking for a cr as I had a scope. I died shortly after, loosing the gun and scope.

IZH 18 is useless since the only thing that makes the IZH attractive IRL is its cheap price. The only reason why it’s in game is probably its popularity (or the popularity of Izhevsk weapons in general) in eastern European countries.

Even if we get changes to the scope the IZH will only be a worse version of the CR and therefore still have no real roll besides being filler. Now some say filler or junk items are needed but I think that’s wrong and just an easy way out (game design wise). Instead of filler items there should be situational items (the car, cooking and gardening parts are good examples for this) that fill the world with items that are not always useful but can have an important role.

Maybe if we get a version where all the other weapons become very rare then it might have a place or when the saw off mechanic becomes more useful but so far its meh

Currently I don’t think that flair is a good enough reason to keep this weapon in game and think it will probably be replaced/removed.

Why would something that's done, finished and works as intended be removed?

Should they remove the derringer too?

The IZH is fine with reloading from the hot bar and it's ammo being in civilian spawns now.

Why would something that's done, finished and works as intended be removed?

Should they remove the derringer too?

The IZH is fine with reloading from the hot bar and it's ammo being in civilian spawns now.

Many things get removed from games that are fully functional because the game is simply better without them. Imo the game would be better if all IZH get replaced by Cr527 since the cr has "happy" moments for the player (find a mag, find a scope) while fitting the same role

Derringer has a distinct role which is begin the smallest firearm in game (although I think it should take even less since the derringer IRL is smaller than a can of beans). Its suffers from the bad gun draw speed in game which is why it unpopular but that’s a balance not a design issue.

Edited by Me1andMe2