Sign in to follow this  
79robb

my sedan is misbehaving

I have a predicament. I have a sedan that has all tyres and etc. 2 are damaged, 2 are worn. However, when I try to drive it, the car just slides about and won't turn. Do I need to get pristine tyres? :(

Yes, you need to repair them all.  Just get a tire repair kit, pop the tires off with a lug wrench.  Target the tire with the kit in your hands and it will repair them to pristine.

You can also use the new UI, and simply equip the repair kit to hands, and repair them while on the vehicle.  Be aware though, that the new UI does not give you any status feedback except for the text ticker; mind your food and drink intake.

Is it only me who's able to repair tires while they are attached to the car using the old UI?

Just go near the car, take a repair kit to your hands and right click the wheel, bingo! Works fine with the old UI.

Is it only me who's able to repair tires while they are attached to the car using the old UI?

Just go near the car, take a repair kit to your hands and right click the wheel, bingo! Works fine with the old UI.

Last I tried it didn't work, but perhaps that was in the recent hotfix?  I haven't really played since then.

Or maybe I was just fucking up =P

Anyone got any hints on where to find the tire repair kit? been looking in sheds and I can't find one anywhere

Sheds and houses should have them.  I've got loads of them stashed all over the map.  They really aren't that rare.

If you are having a really terrible time finding one, it could be a case of bad Juju. I recommend a cleansing ritual.  Farm an entire plot of zucchinis, and eat them all--this may take a while.  Once you have done that, go find a can of sardines and force-feed it to a fox.  You will find a tire repair kit in the next place you look.

• Like 5

If you are having a really terrible time finding one, it could be a case of bad Juju. I recommend a cleansing ritual.  Farm an entire plot of zucchinis, and eat them all--this may take a while.  Once you have done that, go find a can of sardines and force-feed it to a fox.  You will find a tire repair kit in the next place you look.

good one

Sedans and VS3 and off-roads seem to be bugged in this patch. I couldnt get them to work anyway. Driving a sedan was like driving on ice, VS3 is way to slow and the off road kept getting stuck on a invisible rock or something. I had all pristine tires and still couldnt get it to work. 

I have found tire repair kits in sheds many times.

Ok so basically, I got te sedan working but now it's upside down. :( will it turn the right way at the restart of the server?

Sedans and VS3 and off-roads seem to be bugged in this patch. I couldnt get them to work anyway. Driving a sedan was like driving on ice, VS3 is way to slow and the off road kept getting stuck on a invisible rock or something. I had all pristine tires and still couldnt get it to work. 

I have found tire repair kits in sheds many times.

Try rotating the tires until none of them appear to clip into the ground.  I have also had issues with vehicles driving exceedingly poorly; spinning in circles, over-revving in third gear, generally poor traction.

The V3S is just a slow, stubborn, workhorse.  You need to learn the gearing, and try to avoid steep hills for now.  I have no doubt that it will be improved upon in the future, but for now, it is only worthwhile for moving large amounts of cargo; and even then, it seems unnecessarily sluggish.

Ok so basically, I got te sedan working but now it's upside down. :( will it turn the right way at the restart of the server?

It should.  Just be glad that you haven't had desynch related brake failures yet.  Those will ruin your day in a profound way.  Also, beware of gates; the steel ones with vertical bars.  Collisions with gates are being handled poorly by the physics simulation, ATM; it will force your vehicle into the ground, destroying every single component.  Luckily, inventory isn't affected, and it didn't kill me;  so I got that goin for me.