Sign in to follow this  
BlueProfit

MY PC and DAYZ.

Hey, I've purchased DayZ, really good game, but it's really laggy for me, I just want decent quality or maybe not I don't care, as long as it runs smooth.

I'd appreciate you guys telling me what to change my settings too on dayz for a smooth experience

My specs are

Graphics Processing Type: Integrated Graphics Processor Type: AMD A8-7650K Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R7 Series Graphics Processor Speed: 4.2GHz (Overclocked) Processor Cores: Quad Core Memory: 8GB Memory Speed: 1600MHz Hard Drive Capacity:

1TB

Integrated graphics? I doubt any setting in game will smooth out performance. Even an entry level graphics card would be better. 

Otherwise it's fine...

Trying to change settings on this would be like trying to give your engine a tune up to fix 4 flat tires.  

Please, I don't know shit about specs, I don't really want to spend more money on purchasing stuff, I just want to use my 'GAMING PC' and play the game, without hard frames..

It's good but it doesn't look nice

If u can tell me what 2 change my graphics too, that will be good, if there is no fix please tell me where to get something better than a intergrated graphics card

You buy one, plug it in and play. Just look at one of the million videos on youtube on how to do it.

Good cards to are Nvidia Gtx 970 or Amd radeon R9 290/390. You can also buy and older card, I have a radeon 7970 and its cheap and up to the task, almost as well as those two., Make sure you buy a 3GB memory card at least.

I've got the same integrated card! Fancy that?

If you play at ultra-low, you'll get "playable" FPS. Poor gamers unite :P

The cpu and ram are good enough, you will have to experiment with the ingame settings.

Is that a laptop ?
If yes then adding a dedicated GPU may not be possible.
* If no then you need a PCI-e GPU connection slot.

Interesting article that may concern your setup.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/amd-a8-7650k-apu-and-a68h-chipset-review,2.html

Alright, thanks!

I got a PC, however can you link me to these stuff?

(UK site if possible)

So do I need too get a dedicated graphics card? or what, 

And if I do buy the 'PCI-e GPU connection slot.' how do I put it inside my PC? or do I bring it too a shop .

however, i was looking at this 'dedicated graphics card' and I was wondering if it was worth purchasing?

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/1gb-evga-geforce-gt-610-pci-e-gragphics-card?utm_source=google+shopping&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CjwKEAiA2IO0BRDXmLndksSB0WgSJADNKqqoH_LDpfESGV-HCIJgGXipeo2lxt8BEOXf5qv4mlvBVRoCHrrw_wcB

if not, please link me too a good cheap one that can handle dayz

Edited by BlueProfit

As suggested above you really should consider a dedicated graphic card.

Something like a gtx 750ti would be under 100 pounds and give you a huge boost.

Best to talk to a local store or a knowledgeable friend\family member as simply buying and installing a card is not a good idea.

Alright thanks!

I was also wondering, I had to install the graphics card (AMD) so is there anything in settings I have too do to make it run at its best performance?

You should go for Nvidia GPU like GTX 750Ti or GTX 950, avoid AMD GPUs with your CPU as the AMD drivers tend to be more demanding for single core performance. Combining AMD CPU with AMD GPU will result in poor performance(low gpu usage) in CPU-bound games like DayZ.

Hey, I've purchased DayZ, really good game, but it's really laggy for me, I just want decent quality or maybe not I don't care, as long as it runs smooth.

I'd appreciate you guys telling me what to change my settings too on dayz for a smooth experience

My specs are

Graphics Processing Type: Integrated Graphics Processor Type: AMD A8-7650K Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R7 Series Graphics Processor Speed: 4.2GHz (Overclocked) Processor Cores: Quad Core Memory: 8GB Memory Speed: 1600MHz Hard Drive Capacity:

1TB

Turn down object detail to low, and shadows to low, turn off AA and PP. Texture detail medium. The rest on medium. 

The link I posted above suggests that your PC MB/chipset will support a dedicated GPU.

Things you should consider.

Does the PSU (power supply unit) have the correct connections and give enough power to run the card you wish to install and will the the card fit in the case without interfering with the other elements ?

Installing the card itself is a simple enough affair and many videos can be found on the subject.

As a rule Nvidia cards require less power than AMD.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pc-components/graphics-cards/nvidia/geforce-gtx-960

All depends on your budget and the considerations above.

Link to your computer and we might be able to help a little more. 

• Like 1

Yes, as Boneboys said, I bet you will need a new PSU too. I doubt it has enough power for a dedicated graphics card. The PSU is the most important thing of a PC, so please don't try to run the new card with your old PSU. Check it first, post it here and we'll see what's the next step :-)

• Like 1

As others have already told you - a dedicated graphics card would boost your performance in DayZ (and other games) significantly.

The PCI-e slot is located on your motherboard. Perform a Google image search so that you know what you're looking for, then just open your case up and take a look around. Most motherboards have at least one, if yours doesn't then you would have to upgrade that too in order to be able to fit a dedicated graphics card.

In the mean time you can find a bunch of tweaks to improve game performance here...

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154330-possible-fps-enhancer/

• Like 1