Kirov (DayZ)

A huge problem with V3S

So I found 2 trucks very close to each other in Stary Yar and I poured a lot of manhours into finding a decent set of tires (anything less than that wouldn't work anyway). All the tires are now pristine except for one double wheel, which is worn. However, either truck, seen here, wouldn't even move (well, if you don't count spazzing).

Truck 1:

11cazj5.jpg

Truck 2:

2ev96xe.jpg

I tried taking the tires on and off, in fact I changed the entire set twice on each truck. I refuse to believe they can't start due to the terrain, even the bus on half-damaged wheels would at least move back on the road no problem. Yes, I know how to handle gears and neither the reserve nor first (nor the second, for good measure) does anything, regardless of what I do with the steering wheel. However, all the tires move as expected. Everything should really be great but all I get is shaking. I relogged several times for the problems to go away, to no avail.

What do you think is wrong? Again, I know the trucks are very problematic right now, but I'm positive that the bus would work perfectly fine in these conditions even on worse tires. It's clearly not your standard problem with the poor maneuverability of trucks. And I patiently retried many times. Any ideas, guys?

Get someone else to hop in the driver's seat. Have them move the truck any amount, even a foot will do. Now the truck will work for you too!

Others have claimed that getting outside the draw distance of the vehicle will fix it, but we tried that yesterday with a bus outside Berezino and it didn't fix the issue.

• Like 3

i invested in the time to get a working truck but it was so painful to drive that i got really frustrated with it, felt like i was riding on a turtle and top speed was about 45-50 k/mh in 4th gear
not knowing what gear you're in just adds onto the frustration but the offroad hatchback was much more acceptable experience.

Edited by Reg Park
  • Like 1

Get someone else to hop in the driver's seat. Have them move the truck any amount, even a foot will do. Now the truck will work for you too!

Others have claimed that getting outside the draw distance of the vehicle will fix it, but we tried that yesterday with a bus outside Berezino and it didn't fix the issue.

That was exactly the issue, have some beans, mate! :beans:

• Like 2

i invested in the time to get a working truck but it was so painful to drive that i got really frustrated with it, felt like i was riding on a turtle and top speed was about 45-50 k/mh in 4th gear

not knowing what gear you're in just adds onto the frustration but the offroad hatchback was much more acceptable experience.

After completing all four vehicles, I can say that the bus and truck are virtually next-to-useless now. The truck deals better with rougher terrain (as it's shorter), but has less power, too. Volga is great for roads, but can't navigate much more besides flat-ish grasslands (but we crashed it too early to know for sure). By comparison, I believe Lada Niva can reach 99% of the map and has great acceleration and maneuverability. Definitely the best car and the only one really worth the effort.

I can't wait for playable car physics, I was a tad surprised that it took them six months for the bus to drive like this, but I'm looking forward for the final thing. I almost pissed my pants when I drove the entire map with the offroad in a blink of time (now I kinda find it hard to believe how much we were running). As much a game-changer as it gets.

Wait for helicopters =P

The map really is pretty small with vehicles.  It's even pretty small with regular running.

Wait for helicopters =P

The map really is pretty small with vehicles.  It's even pretty small with regular running.

#1 reason I've been completely against the very idea since the moment I heard about it. Then I flew around in Arma 3 on the old Chernarus map. Took me 4 or 5 minutes to get from take off around NWAF to Elektro and landing. In a relatively slow chopper that I only used because I happened to enjoy it aesthetically.

Don't worry. I know it's happening no matter what I think or say so I will keep my grumblings to a minimum.  :P

#1 reason I've been completely against the very idea since the moment I heard about it. Then I flew around in Arma 3 on the old Chernarus map. Took me 4 or 5 minutes to get from take off around NWAF to Elektro and landing. In a relatively slow chopper that I only used because I happened to enjoy it aesthetically.

Don't worry. I know it's happening no matter what I think or say so I will keep my grumblings to a minimum.  :P

Hence why bicycles are a better solution. I'm still baffled as to why they are only working on them now instead of like in the first place.

• Like 1

Hence why bicycles are a better solution. I'm still baffled as to why they are only working on them now instead of like in the first place.

Word. I can already say that the bike will be my go-to option. Simple, stealthy, concealable. Add two pouches and I choose it hands down over all those RPG magnets. Why the bus came ealier is beyond me.

• Like 1

The reason more complex vehicles came first is because they are designing and testing the mechanic for maximum complexity from the outset.  Just like they did with the m4 being the most modular gun and also the first.  Then saving the simpler stuff for later because it's easier to do once you have that framework in.

In my own opinion, whether it was intentional or not, I am also glad they added cars before bikes because they encourage more cooperation.  The game was already at a point where individuals ran as fast as a bicycle so it seemed silly to me to encourage lone players bolting around the map at even greater speeds.  That is just my own opinion.

In my own opinion, whether it was intentional or not, I am also glad they added cars before bikes because they encourage more cooperation. 

If you mean that the clans get only stronger, I can't disagree. But I don't see that the presence of cars would bring lone wolves together, being one. All they're gonna do is compensate with server hopping, like I've done these days.

Don't get me wrong, I shun any kind of abuse. I used to play only on private 1pp servers with day& night cycles (no gamma correction), like God intended. The last time I hopped servers was to set up rabbit snares to catch my first rabbit. But nowadays, I imagine that private servers have next to no vehicles available. Mobility begets mobility, as once a group has their first car, it's easier to get another. This way, as long as they drive carefully, a clan of five can strip a server clean of vehicles. And don't tell me that's realistic, I want to have fun, dammit. I stopped playing DayZ mainly because running is boring. We need to face the fact that with all that 'loot-die-repeat' action, DayZ can be at times boring as shit. I swear to God I have a lithium battery at hand just to block the 'W' button, solely for DayZ. If it's necessary in the final release, I say fuck this game.

And I'm not being hypocritical here, it's really important to me not to hop servers... I guess that just driving a Lada is more important, after all. So until you invent a jetpack which runs on integrity, I'm gonna try and compete with clans for those sweet sweet cars. Or drop out and wait for more content (in this case, bikes), as I always did in the entire 2015.

Word. I can already say that the bike will be my go-to option. Simple, stealthy, concealable. Add two pouches and I choose it hands down over all those RPG magnets. Why the bus came ealier is beyond me.

Because a bike won't protect you from bullets, because a bike would logically consump from your own resources? Do you think the bike would not affect your stamina at all or something? You're wrong. The bike is not going to be your go-to anytime soon. Let me tell you something, try riding a bike with a 40kg bag and a weapon at your back along with an axe, a vest and stuff. Unless you are specifically used to do this all the time you're going to get really tired.

Also let me point out something, they didn't add the bikes first to the game because they had to work on the physics and it was a better idea to add a truck and then add the other vehicles and then a bike, because a bike would have different physics compared to a truck.

Because a bike won't protect you from bullets, because a bike would logically consump from your own resources? Do you think the bike would not affect your stamina at all or something? You're wrong. The bike is not going to be your go-to anytime soon. Let me tell you something, try riding a bike with a 40kg bag and a weapon at your back along with an axe, a vest and stuff. Unless you are specifically used to do this all the time you're going to get really tired.

Also let me point out something, they didn't add the bikes first to the game because they had to work on the physics and it was a better idea to add a truck and then add the other vehicles and then a bike, because a bike would have different physics compared to a truck.

Uh, actually, bicycles are the most energy-efficient vehicles ever devised by man. For the same energy input required for walking, you can coast along at 20 mph. You can strap various baskets and containers on the frame for added storage space. Oh, and bikes are really easy to fix. Plus, they don't require various parts, fuels, lubricants, oils. Just some grease and pedal-power. You can make wheels from rope,carved wood, or cut-down tires. Chains can be improvised from rope or cords ( I've done it with a shoelace)

https://www.exploratorium.edu/cycling/humanpower1.html

Plus, you can hide a bike almost infinitely easier than you can a car. Hear some vehicle coming down the road? Ride off into the woods and stash the bike behind a tree. You can pick up and carry a bike if you need to, not to mention just push them everywhere. Not..... so much with a car. 

Also, no vehicle in the game will "protect you from bullets". All of the rifle calibers in the game will punch through the thin sheet metal siding of all of the games motor vehicles.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NoBikesInTheApocalypse

Edited by Whyherro123
  • Like 2

If you mean that the clans get only stronger, I can't disagree. But I don't see that the presence of cars would bring lone wolves together, being one. All they're gonna do is compensate with server hopping, like I've done these days.

Don't get me wrong, I shun any kind of abuse. I used to play only on private 1pp servers with day& night cycles (no gamma correction), like God intended. The last time I hopped servers was to set up rabbit snares to catch my first rabbit. But nowadays, I imagine that private servers have next to no vehicles available. Mobility begets mobility, as once a group has their first car, it's easier to get another. This way, as long as they drive carefully, a clan of five can strip a server clean of vehicles. And don't tell me that's realistic, I want to have fun, dammit. I stopped playing DayZ mainly because running is boring. We need to face the fact that with all that 'loot-die-repeat' action, DayZ can be at times boring as shit. I swear to God I have a lithium battery at hand just to block the 'W' button, solely for DayZ. If it's necessary in the final release, I say fuck this game.

And I'm not being hypocritical here, it's really important to me not to hop servers... I guess that just driving a Lada is more important, after all. So until you invent a jetpack which runs on integrity, I'm gonna try and compete with clans for those sweet sweet cars. Or drop out and wait for more content (in this case, bikes), as I always did in the entire 2015.

Well, if you are lone wolf, you have to be wolf then. Either find hidden vehicles in their camps or make ambush for clan in vehicles. There is 1,5 second animation for entering, exiting vehicles and there is chance to eliminate them with SVD and land mines. 

Are there really going to be bicycles? I've only seen the Enduro/Dirtbike renders, which I'm pretty stoked about. It seems like the perfect vehicle for the lone scavenger, even though they'll be pretty noisy. Bicycles with a 6 or even 12 gear change would be awesome as well. In the mods it was always a great way to get around and meet up with friends. I wonder how long it will take to get bikes in-game. It would be funny, if we could have those small bikes you can dissemble and put in a storage somewhere, even on the car, perhaps. Vehicles like that will add a lot of variation to the gameplay. The cars are probably always going to be a pain to maintain and repair, and unless you have a protected base, there is no good place to park them at when more vehicles become available. 

Uh, actually, bicycles are the most energy-efficient vehicles ever devised by man. For the same energy input required for walking, you can coast along at 20 mph. You can strap various baskets and containers on the frame for added storage space. Oh, and bikes are really easy to fix. Plus, they don't require various parts, fuels, lubricants, oils. Just some grease and pedal-power. You can make wheels from rope,carved wood, or cut-down tires. Chains can be improvised from rope or cords ( I've done it with a shoelace)

https://www.exploratorium.edu/cycling/humanpower1.html

Plus, you can hide a bike almost infinitely easier than you can a car. Hear some vehicle coming down the road? Ride off into the woods and stash the bike behind a tree. You can pick up and carry a bike if you need to, not to mention just push them everywhere. Not..... so much with a car. 

Also, no vehicle in the game will "protect you from bullets". All of the rifle calibers in the game will punch through the thin sheet metal siding of all of the games motor vehicles.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NoBikesInTheApocalypse

You're right but if the bike doesn't have gear then it would be quite hard to go up hill which is what I was trying to say. Currently vehicles decrease damage from bullets if they have doors, so It's better than being completely open.

Are there really going to be bicycles? I've only seen the Enduro/Dirtbike renders, which I'm pretty stoked about. It seems like the perfect vehicle for the lone scavenger, even though they'll be pretty noisy. Bicycles with a 6 or even 12 gear change would be awesome as well. In the mods it was always a great way to get around and meet up with friends. I wonder how long it will take to get bikes in-game. It would be funny, if we could have those small bikes you can dissemble and put in a storage somewhere, even on the car, perhaps. Vehicles like that will add a lot of variation to the gameplay. The cars are probably always going to be a pain to maintain and repair, and unless you have a protected base, there is no good place to park them at when more vehicles become available. 

https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/230654-status-report-10-dec-2015/

Well, if you are lone wolf, you have to be wolf then. Either find hidden vehicles in their camps or make ambush for clan in vehicles. There is 1,5 second animation for entering, exiting vehicles and there is chance to eliminate them with SVD and land mines. 

You made me realize why I find it fun to look for vehicles - it's something that at last resembles some sort of a mission, a quest if you will, much more interesting than a heli hunt IMHO. Yep, I need to scout through Chernarus more to find people's bases and a good spot for mine (I thought I had a great location but recently it was discovered and robbed; oh well).

What Whyherro123 said, but also - come again? Sprinting dayz-style is ok to you, vehicle physics looks plausible, but it's riding a bike that breaks your suspension of disbelief? :)

You do realize that our toons are stronger and more resourceful than the Spiderman and McGyver rolled into one? That the Batman could literally be a sidekick to your average Survivor?

Let's see, we can run ultramarathons equipped like mules, we can swim front crawl in full military gear, we know how to service/pilot helicopters and make backpacks out of animal skin... yeah, I figure we can ride a bike uphill all right.

• Like 1