Sign in to follow this  
Me1andMe2

Ammunition\Magazine Dispersion in .59

With .59 I noticed a huge change in the availability and location of ammunition\magazine. 

I wanted to share my findings with you and see if my experience is the same as yours to see if I might be doing something wrong. 

All of my data comes from playing at the WOBO EU community private server

Locations ordered by times searched 

1. Small Cities
  2. Medium Cities
  3. Heli crash sites
  4. Big military bases (NWAF,Myshinko)
  5. Big cities
  6. Small military bases

Small and Medium Cities proofed to be very safe and easy to loot which is why I searched them the most.   

Heli crash sites where often safe but always looted. 

Big military bases provided the most loot which makes them worth the risk. 

Big cities and small military bases were often as risky as the big military bases while providing far less loot. 

Locations ordered by ammo yielded 

1. Big military bases (Very High)
  2. Police Stations (Medium)
  3. Small military bases (Medium)
  4. Cars (Low)
  5. Civilian buildings (very very low)
  6. Heli crashsites (nearly always looted)

Ammo has become far more concentrated in the big military bases. Even though police stations now spawn a good amount of smg mags they are still not even close to the big military places (Hence the jump “medium” to “very high”). 

However the biggest change I noticed is how little ammo is now spawning in civilian buildings. I have had situations where I searched a small, medium and big city in succession without finding a single type of ammo or mag in civilian buildings (excluding police stations). 

Ammunition ordered by quantity found: 

1. 7.62x39mm ( used by, for example, AKM)
  2. 5.45mm (AK)
  3. 9x39mm SP-6 (VSS)
  4. 9mm (MP 5)
  5. .380 (Scorpion)
  6. .45ACP ( UMP)
  7. .367 (Magnum)
  8. 12 gauge buckshot (Shotguns)
  9. .22 (Sporter)
  10. 7.62x54 (Mosin)
  11. 5.56mm (AUG)
  12. .308 Winchester

There are a few things I find extremely odd about this: 

First the probably weakest type of Ammo (.22 and 12 gauge) have become extremely rare. Even before the patch the weapon using these types of ammo were extremely unpopular (from my experience) and where ditched at the first sign of another usable weapon.

Sniper Ammo has become pretty scare I have found more 5.56mm rounds than I have Winchester Ammo. However this doesn’t fit in with the abundance of the 9x39mm rounds.

Most of the 9mm rounds where found in military bases in the ammo strips for the Red9 (~90%)

I have found about as much 9mm as I have of ammos in from places 5-12 combined

I have probably found 10-20 times more 7.62x39mm than 9mm rounds. Which shows there is a massive gap between military rounds and civilian.

Magazines orderd by amount found:

1. AKM
  2. AK 74
  3. RED 9
  4. SKS
  5. VSS
  6. Scorpion
  7. MP5
  8. RAK
  9. UMP
  10. SVD
  11. CR75
  12. 1991
  13. P1
  14. Makarov
  15. FNX, Sporter ,Amphibia, CR527,Mosin
  16. Rest

The biggest winner, in comparison with the latest patch, are sub machine guns. They seem to spawn in greater numbers and spawn in police stations as well as military locations which gives them a very good spawn chance. Of course the leader is still the military gear mainly AKs and AKMs but smgs got a nice boost and availability.

Pistols on the other hand lost hard. Civilian buildings hardly spawn a mag anymore and in police stations they have to fight with the smgs. A result of this is that most fresh spawn fights are now done with smgs. Since the start of 59 I have only been shot at by a pistol about 1 or 2 times.

Besides fresh spawn fights, which are done with smgs, later gunfights seems to be done mainly with AKMs /Ak74 or sks most of the time. I have also watched a couple of streams which pretty much showed the same pattern.

Results/Thoughts:

I feel like .58 spawned too much ammo and the current patch tried to fix this by spawning more guns and less ammo but didn’t really consider military gear/police gear. Which leads to a dominance of these weapons. Ammo doesn’t really feel more scarce if you look for the right weapons/right places. This leads to a situation where weapon viability has gone down pretty hard and most people use only a few weapons

I havent been to any mil bases in .59 but i can tell you that the only ammo i have found outside a police station was 10 rounds of .22 in a pistol mag. That is searching both big cities and small towns.

The only other ammo was a mag for the scorpion and a stripper clip for a mosin, both in a police station.

Weapons ive found outside of police station have been amphibian, magnum, sportster, trumpet, and both pump shotguns. Im guessing someone dropped the pistol grip one and wasnt spawned in the house.

Anywho, looks like ill have to follow everyone's lead and flock to the mil bases...yay.

the rarity of .308 ammo is fine once you find the first box.  unless you empty the gun at absolutely everything/everyone that moves, you find it faster than you use it.  I've got ~180 rounds lying around right now.  until you find the first box of .308, grab a cr527.  it'll take the scope and it uses sks ammo which is more common.

I do agree that the rarity of .22 and shotgun ammo is weird.

That .308 is like gold dust.  Luckily I have some. 

the rarity of .308 ammo is fine once you find the first box.  unless you empty the gun at absolutely everything/everyone that moves, you find it faster than you use it.  I've got ~180 rounds lying around right now.  until you find the first box of .308, grab a cr527.  it'll take the scope and it uses sks ammo which is more common.

I've found a lot of .22 - more than I needed.  Shotgun ammo, yeah seen as little of that as .308.

Edited by wacktopia

I find it pretty strange that the stacks of .308 spawn as stacks of 40, which is the same as 9mm. Its completly overkill for the .308 and far to less for the 9mm

I find it pretty strange that the stacks of .308 spawn as stacks of 40, which is the same as 9mm. Its completly overkill for the .308 and far to less for the 9mm

yeah they need to fine-tune that I think.  and stacks of loose ammo spawning as the max amount is a glitch (it was noticed in experimental) - they should be spawning smaller random quantities.